View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Got a phone number - what should I do?
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:02 pm 
Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
That is sad. Girls don't care about tricks, they are usually much more shallow than that. You just need a good body, money, and arrogance. Most of them don't even care about personality either, although they lie and say they do. But reality always proves otherwise when you see the morons that "hot chicks" are with usually. In fact most girls consider magicians geeks, and these products are only used to make money off of those types and give them false hope.

good body helps as does money but neither is a requirement, what helps the most is the ability to talk well. to know what to say and when to say it. Also you need to be playful with em, thats where the magic comes in and im sure some of you know this by now but magic isnt about the trick itself its more about what the audience feels. As far as magic being geeky, yea it is, but its a stereotype, just like magicians having top-hats and canes and capes. even though its a stereotype i feel like magic is moving in a direction thats breaking stereotypes. Just look at David Blane, Chriss Angel, Derren Brown, Cyril Takyama. each of them are massive new magicians that are not what you would normaly think of as a magician. Regardless women love to have fun, and are attracted to fun confident people. Its all a game you just need to know how to play.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:06 pm 
born to perform.

I agree with Brad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amey9G2a-OM

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:12 pm 
born to perform.

Adammcd wrote:

MY EARS!!!! THEY'RE BLEEDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:58 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I think after about 36 years I know what women like. Women think my magic is cool and I am very well spoken, however anytime a girl first seen me she did not think "Wow his magic is really attractive!" I have always been in top shape being I have been in the martial arts my whole life, slightly longer than magic; and very active in sports. 9 times out 10 they compliment my body not my personality. Most magicians don't have athletic bodies like I do, so they are desperate to win girls over with magic.

Blaine and Angel are celebrities, aka RICH and famous so obviously they are a different story. If you think looks and money are not a requirement try living with a hot chick for more than a month and see how long she stays if you have neither. I live in a huge college town, and still hang with college chicks all the time so I know how to play the game. However the game is pretty easy since they are drunk and drugged up about 98% of the time. I am actually a good guy at heart so I don't any of that stuff.

But like it or not looks come first, and if a girl is not attracted to you to begin with you are just bothering her. Most girls will date a loud moron though before a quiet gentleman, but they lie all the time and say they care about personality and humor. But like I said look who they are with. I don't agree with it I just call it like it is, at least in my neck of the woods. The "nice girls" never come out of their house, they are too busy on the internet looking for "Prince Charming."

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:00 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Adammcd wrote:

Nice, proves my point. I was naive teen in high school once I think too. Oh wait, I skipped that stage luckily.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:31 pm 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
I think after about 36 years I know what women like. Women think my magic is cool and I am very well spoken, however anytime a girl first seen me she did not think "Wow his magic is really attractive!" I have always been in top shape being I have been in the martial arts my whole life, slightly longer than magic; and very active in sports. 9 times out 10 they compliment my body not my personality. Most magicians don't have athletic bodies like I do, so they are desperate to win girls over with magic.

Blaine and Angel are celebrities, aka RICH and famous so obviously they are a different story. If you think looks and money are not a requirement try living with a hot chick for more than a month and see how long she stays if you have neither. I live in a huge college town, and still hang with college chicks all the time so I know how to play the game. However the game is pretty easy since they are drunk and drugged up about 98% of the time. I am actually a good guy at heart so I don't any of that stuff.

But like it or not looks come first, and if a girl is not attracted to you to begin with you are just bothering her. Most girls will date a loud moron though before a quiet gentleman, but they lie all the time and say they care about personality and humor. But like I said look who they are with. I don't agree with it I just call it like it is, at least in my neck of the woods. The "nice girls" never come out of their house, they are too busy on the internet looking for "Prince Charming."

Who are you with? (More a yes or no question than a specific answer)

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:10 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I still date college girls mostly since most girls my age are married and have kids, or divorced and psychologically scarred. I don't have time for full-time relationships these days and I am actually happier dating because I was in some bad relationships in the past. So now I just have fun and stay young.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:23 pm 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
I still date college girls mostly since most girls my age are married and have kids, or divorced and psychologically scarred. I don't have time for full-time relationships these days and I am actually happier dating because I was in some bad relationships in the past. So now I just have fun and stay young.

I see why you think of women the way you do. Your not exactly dating the cream of the crop as far as age group goes. Still your dating more than me, which may or may not be a good thing.

I find it interesting that you prefer your work and exploits over a full relationship though.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:47 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Yeah I doubt I would be with them at my age if I did not look young, was in great shape, and was successful. I am not that old though really but to them it may seem so. Most of them say I look about 23-25, or about 10 years younger than I am.

Nonetheless I also have a great personality and they are usually very dense, so that kind of goes out the window as far as girls go. I am not shallow though and do not only look for looks because I know that a relationship cannot survive based on looks alone. That is why I date. I have been in many relationships over the years and personally I think they are a waste of time and age you. I like my independence and girls don't run my life. High school is over.

I have a lot of talents and several businesses that keep me busy, especially magic and horror costume design. So it is not like I am sitting around a house needing to be with someone. I also play several sports and have rode BMX flatland for 25 years, still do, and do a lot of retro restoration projects. Most of that stuff is of no interest to girls though. There is not enough time in the day for all that I do, and all the time I waste online is even worse.

But let's just say I had a lot of fun in past and I could comfortably move on and be single for along time if I wanted to. I have dated older girls as well but like I said they usually come with a lot of baggage too. The younger ones are more fun but don't last as long, especially when they leave for the summer or for graduation. They think my magic is cool and I never had to use it to get a girl, which I find absurd.

In fact most girls love my magic at first but then get sick of seeing later on, especially when I use them as test dummies for 100 tricks straight. They would rather be doing other things luckily. :wink: But if it was up to them I would not get anything done and have no hobbies except watching soaps and TV with them. I would take all of my talents and fitness over a relationship any day, and have now for years. Also dating keeps everything fresh, most marriages end as soon as they start. I could have been married many times but I am wise.

That is when you age and all the stress just begins, and sets you up for divorce and major losses. I saw it happen many times with friends. I prefer to keep my independence and youth. You won't be able to do that with a screaming wife and a mini-van full of screaming kids.

Last edited by sirbrad on Fri May 21, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:45 pm 
born to perform.

Well said and I agree completely.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:15 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Yeah just ask Jon and Kate they will agree too.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:44 pm 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
Yeah just ask Jon and Kate they will agree too.

Ouch, man that was pretty low. I don't handle those 2 (10). There just isn't enough consistent information. Those to cheated, had marriage problems, and there is no way that the kids lives weren't effected. Who did what first and why is just trivial.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:25 pm 
born to perform.

If you want to get a "hot chick" (which translates to "dipsh*t bimbo that can't come up with an intelligent observational remark because her inadequate brain is too focused on shoes and money to do anything else"), then you most certainly need money, a great body, arrogance, and maybe a totally douche-oriented car.

However, if you think more often with your big head, then you will not be able to sustain a valuable relationship with said chick, since her stupidity will get on your nerves.

The best option, in my opinion, is to find a balance of both, which I believe I have been lucky enough to achieve in my own relationship (though it wasn't easy by any means).

As for the actual OP, I would say that your decision hinges on whether or not you know (or are relatively certain) that she put her number on despite the joke, and that she wasn't just doing it because you told her too (you know, some people let the joke go over their heads, and they just obey an off-hand command absent-mindedly).
If she knew full well that it was a joke, and she put the number down anyway, definitely call her (depending on if you find her attractive). Otherwise, it might just have been a mistake, so to speak, in which case, you should call her anyway, just to give it a shot.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:46 pm 

Hey cameronb, occasionally a bimbo is what you want. May your god have mercy if your wife or girlfriend ever find out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:57 pm 
Penguin

I sat here trying to think of a way to put what i was thinking into words, but then i realised Cameron has said it already.

You don't need looks, a good body or money to get hot girls. Maybe if you have nothing else that's all you can hold onto however.

And as for your initial query, call her if you liked her or are curious, what is the worst that could happen ?