View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Which Invisible Deck should I buy?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:32 pm 
Penguin

Hi! I'm kinda new at magic and I want to purchase an Invisible Deck.

Which Invisible Deck would be the best?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1729 - Oz Pearlmans one (with DVD)

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1645 - Red Bicycle Invisible Deck (without DVD)

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=S10056- Jay Sankey Invisible Deck (With DVD)

So, my question basically is:

1. Which of these decks has the best quality?
2. Are the instructional DVD's useful in any way?
3. Are any of these invisible decks different?

Please answer the 3 above questions and comment on which deck you would recommend (If it's not in above, then please tell me in a comment below).

Okay thank you!

Last edited by e1337magic on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Which Invisible Deck should I buy?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:40 pm 
born to perform.

Welcome to Penguin!

You made an excellent choice going with the Invisible Deck. The reactions you get with this are CRAZY.

Now, I don't have Oz's DVD so I can't judge that. I'm pretty sure all these decks are the same quality. You should go with Jay's DVD. He's a phenomenal teacher plus there's tons of great ideas and presentations on there.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:51 pm 
Penguin

Thanks Duds!

I'm thinking of getting Jay Sankey's Invisible Deck, but however, it's $20 right now, and I'm looking to get the free shipping with the $25 order.

Do you/anybody know what I can get with $5~10 dollars, that could be a great gimmick by iteself, or somehow go along with an Invisible deck?

Also, how would I possibly preform a deck switch with my future Invisible Deck and a normal deck?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:12 am 
born to perform.

I don't think you should throw yourself into gimmicks, you should get some learning material like RoyalRoad to Card Magic. But I don't think that's under 10 dollars.

Use your regular deck for an effect or two and put it away. Do some other stuff (coins or rope, etc.) then remove your invisible deck and go into the routine. On Sankey's DVD there's a routine called "X deck" and it gives you a perfect reason to use a DIFFERENT deck (no switch needed).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:14 am 
born to perform.

Don't buy any. Make your own.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:23 am 
born to perform.

duds wrote:
I don't think you should throw yourself into gimmicks, you should get some learning material like RoyalRoad to Card Magic. But I don't think that's under 10 dollars.

Use your regular deck for an effect or two and put it away. Do some other stuff (coins or rope, etc.) then remove your invisible deck and go into the routine. On Sankey's DVD there's a routine called "X deck" and it gives you a perfect reason to use a DIFFERENT deck (no switch needed).

I would go with the quote above. Dead on.

But the Invisible Deck does kick a s s . I would just buy the deck alone. You can go from there. I would not make my own being new to magic. Sorry akirafist. I allways go with your reviews on magic, But he is new.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:46 pm 
Penguin

I got that book from my local library once a couple months ago, and only read a little of it. I found it confusing at some parts but overall some good information.

However, my hands are quite small so some of the sleights are almost impossible to preform. Anybody know a solution?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:59 pm 
born to perform.

e1337magic wrote:
I got that book from my local library once a couple months ago, and only read a little of it. I found it confusing at some parts but overall some good information.

However, my hands are quite small so some of the sleights are almost impossible to preform. Anybody know a solution?

No offense dude, but that's not a good excuse.

A few months ago I went to a Jay Sankey lecture. A kid asked Jay for advice on card palming because his hands were too small. Jay held up his hand and compared it to the kid's hand. Jay's was only SLIGHTLY bigger. Jay said "If I can palm cards, so can you".

Once you get used to the sleights you will see that hand size is no problem (unless your hands are TINY).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:44 pm 
born to perform.

Invisible is best DVD hands down. buy it.

small hands are no excuse as duds said. In a lot of Jay's DVDs, he mentions that he has tiny little hands and he can do all card/coin sleights with amazing skill. I think it was in card college vol. 1 that giobbi said that small hands has its pros and cons and so does big hands. but its definitely not an excuse.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:03 pm 
Penguin

duds wrote:
e1337magic wrote:

No offense dude, but that's not a good excuse.

A few months ago I went to a Jay Sankey lecture. A kid asked Jay for advice on card palming because his hands were too small. Jay held up his hand and compared it to the kid's hand. Jay's was only SLIGHTLY bigger. Jay said "If I can palm cards, so can you".

Once you get used to the sleights you will see that hand size is no problem (unless your hands are TINY).

I see, thanks for your great advice, and thanks to soowee as well. I guess I'm going along with Jay Sankeys invisible deck as well as the royal road to card magic. I'll comment soon on my progress!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:51 pm 
born to perform.

I have them all and have found that the quality of the deck is best with the Magic Makers deck and DVD. It is called "invisible". I do like the routines on the Sankey DVD though. Get any of them, you will get great reactions once you Practice it and then perform it.

-Ari

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:04 am 
born to perform.

e1337magic wrote:

Must ... fight ... urge ... to ... make ... dirty ... joke ... here ....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:34 pm 
born to perform.

ElConquistador wrote:
e1337magic wrote:

If your hands are small here's what you need to do.

Get a bicycle pump, duct tape, and a knife.

Cut a small incision into your hand just under the thumb on the back of your hand. Now shove the tube from the bicycle pump into the incision and pump for your life. Seal up the hole with duck tape so none of the air can get out. Repeat for your other hand. Soon you will have massive hands. Just keep them away from sharp objects.

Works good for feet, eyeballs, butt cheeks etc. Glad I could help :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:45 pm 
born to perform.

mchkeegan wrote:
ElConquistador wrote:
e1337magic wrote:

Cut a small incision into your hand just under the thumb on the back of your hand. Now shove the tube from the bicycle pump into the incision and pump for your life. Seal up the hole with duck tape so none of the air can get out. Repeat for your other hand. Soon you will have massive hands. Just keep them away from sharp objects.

It worked! it worked!! :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:55 am 
born to perform.

soowee wrote:
mchkeegan wrote:

It worked! it worked!! :shock:

must... continue ... fighting ... urge ... to ... finish ... inappropriate ... joke ...