View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bottle switch?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:06 pm 
born to perform.

Has anyone come up with a bottle switch? (Like a soda or water bottle.) because I thought of some really cool stuff that could be done with that. If not, maybe I'll try to come up with my own.

If anyone knows where I might be able to learn this...Also, I'm thinking in the street magic sense, so I will not have a table or anything to work with, just my person and my hands...

Post subject: Re: Bottle switch?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:37 pm 
born to perform.

A standing bottle switch wont be easy but it can definately be done with a topit and some misdirection. Will the bottle/s have fluid in it?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:38 am 
born to perform.

Toppit is about the only thing I could think of for that. Do you wear a jacket?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:58 am 

If you're working naked (without a table or servante) where do you plan to hide the second bottle? Your best bet is to have a place nearby to ditch a bottle and retrieve a different one. If you're using a Topit (the only other way I can imagine doing it) then you'll have to deal with carrying one of the two bottles throughout your entire act.

What do you have in mind? An instantaneous switch? Or something you can do on an off beat? If it's the second, remember that time is your friend. If you can switch it when the heat is off and they can continue to believe it's the same (first) bottle for a while, then the "magic" can be separated from the "moment."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:01 am 

A lot of deck switching ideas could be modified.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:40 am 

DaveV wrote:
If you're working naked ...

Dave, love the way you phrased that. LMAO!!

Paddy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:14 pm 
born to perform.

DaveV wrote:
If you're working naked (without a table or servante) where do you plan to hide the second bottle? Your best bet is to have a place nearby to ditch a bottle and retrieve a different one. If you're using a Topit (the only other way I can imagine doing it) then you'll have to deal with carrying one of the two bottles throughout your entire act.
Quote:
I'm thinking about doing it outside, maybe with a "table" behind me or something, I'm not entirely sure.

What do you have in mind? An instantaneous switch? Or something you can do on an off beat? If it's the second, remember that time is your friend. If you can switch it when the heat is off and they can continue to believe it's the same (first) bottle for a while, then the "magic" can be separated from the "moment."

My original thought was to switch a shorter bottle with a longer bottle in the fashion to make it look like I'm stretching the bottle (with fluid inside this could look even cooler). Another thought I had was simply to switch two bottles of soda, say Sprite and Coke (where it's very noticeable). And either instantaneously or on the offbeat is fine, both is better actually. I just thought of now, it would be cool to show them you change the color of the cap, and then show them you also changed the entire bottle, or start with the cap or something...I dunno, my ideas will only elaborate...

eostresh wrote:
Toppit is about the only thing I could think of for that. Do you wear a jacket?

Sometimes, I would need to get a new one, but it wouldn't be a big deal to wear one.

revelation77 wrote:
A standing bottle switch wont be easy but it can definately be done with a topit and some misdirection. Will the bottle/s have fluid in it?

I have no idea what a topit is, but I'll look it up, and I'd prefer to be able to borrow the bottle(s) (At least one). So yes, they could have fluid in them.