View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Magicians and Skype
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:57 am 
born to perform.

Ok so the other day I was on Skype and I randomly decided to look up if any magicians had any... just for fun. Now I found one of my favorite magicians (not gunna say who so he won't get a bunch of requests) and I kinda want to add him. I was thinking of sending him a facebook message and seeing if he would mind or not (I am already friends with him on facebook and have chatted to him before through a message). Have any of you added your favorite magicians on Skype? Did they accept you? have you ever chatted with them?

What are your thoughts?

~Josh

Post subject: Re: Magicians and Skype
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:57 am 
Penguin

I've found magicians on Facebook. Social networking is up to the individual. Some accept just about any friend invite, others are very selective. The rule of life is: it doesn't hurt to ask. If they do not accept you, then you are right where you started, so you have nothing to lose.

I have connected with magicians who I know or simply met once in real life. When I found out that they were friends with a magician I wanted to meet, I just sent an invite and most responded by accepting.

Don't be afraid to ask. If you are courteous and not a stalker you have nothing to worry about :). Some won't accept, others will. The only way to make friends is to get out there and be friendly.

Most magicians are very cool to other magicians.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:13 am 
born to perform.

robertmichaels wrote:
I've found magicians on Facebook. Social networking is up to the individual. Some accept just about any friend invite, others are very selective. The rule of life is: it doesn't hurt to ask. If they do not accept you, then you are right where you started, so you have nothing to lose.

I have connected with magicians who I know or simply met once in real life. When I found out that they were friends with a magician I wanted to meet, I just sent an invite and most responded by accepting.

Don't be afraid to ask. If you are courteous and not a stalker you have nothing to worry about :). Some won't accept, others will. The only way to make friends is to get out there and be friendly.

Yeah I have around 31 magician friends on facebook already and they have all been extremely nice. And I have chatted with the majority of them. I just wasn't sure about Skype since it involves a webcam lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:43 pm 
born to perform.

Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
robertmichaels wrote:

Yeah I have around 31 magician friends on facebook already and they have all been extremely nice. And I have chatted with the majority of them. I just wasn't sure about Skype since it involves a webcam lol

all the magicians i would want to talk to just have fan pages. haha.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:10 pm 
Penguin

Allow me to invite you to my Facebook page then. Its not a fan page. I enjoy actually talking to people. Another cool magician that has a friend page, is Paul Green.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000476263843