View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Manipulation Help
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:53 am 
born to perform.

Hey guys I am starting to work on a Manipulation routine. Now I own McBrides Art of Card Manipulation that my cousin gave me (though they are VHS quality) and I have been working on Volume 1 at this moment. However I stumbled upon Dan Sperry's Card Manipulation 101 Download + Manipulation Cards on T11. Has anyone here purchased this and if so was it worth it?

Also if learn card manipulation with normal cards (at this moment I am using an old beat up deck of Karnival Assassins) first and then switch over to manipulation cards would that make it easier?

Thanks!

~Zenn

Post subject: Re: Manipulation Help
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:35 pm 
born to perform.

Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
Hey guys I am starting to work on a Manipulation routine. Now I own McBrides Art of Card Manipulation that my cousin gave me (though they are VHS quality) and I have been working on Volume 1 at this moment. However I stumbled upon Dan Sperry's Card Manipulation 101 Download + Manipulation Cards on T11. Has anyone here purchased this and if so was it worth it?

Also if learn card manipulation with normal cards (at this moment I am using an old beat up deck of Karnival Assassins) first and then switch over to manipulation cards would that make it easier?

Thanks!

~Zenn

I have been doing A TON of research about card manipulation, and this is what i have come up with:

Start with red bee deck, and maybe buy a deck of manipulation cards to see what you like better,

wait on the sperry set, penguins sheridan set is coming out VERY VERY VERY soon, and if i know penguin, there will be a discount price on the set too. my opinnion.:)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:45 pm 
born to perform.

Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
Now I own McBrides Art of Card Manipulation that my cousin gave me (though they are VHS quality) and I have been working on Volume 1 at this moment.

Does that mean your cousin gave you the original VHS tape of McBride's Art of Card Manipulation or that he made of copy of it for you on DVD?

If it's the orginal, can you tell me how do you get rid of the wiggly lines when you watch a move in slow motion?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:18 pm 
born to perform.

ElConquistador wrote:
Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
Now I own McBrides Art of Card Manipulation that my cousin gave me (though they are VHS quality) and I have been working on Volume 1 at this moment.

Does that mean your cousin gave you the original VHS tape of McBride's Art of Card Manipulation or that he made of copy of it for you on DVD?

If it's the orginal, can you tell me how do you get rid of the wiggly lines when you watch a move in slow motion?

He gave me his DVD copy. He had the original but then brought them to a place to get them converted to DVD. When he decided to get out of magic, he gave me all of his DVDs (though a lot of them he converted to .mp4s for storage reasons lol)

Try googling it?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:34 am 
born to perform.

I also have McBrides Art of Card Manipulation on D.V.D. I cant wait to go through them. Just no time yet. Let me know what cards work best for you.