View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Please help with "Window"
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:25 pm 
Penguin

For various concealment purposes, I prefer to use the smaller of the 2 "items" supplied with Window. However, with thicker or double-paned windows that are common in many sliding glass doors, only the larger of these "items" seems to be effective.

(Specifically, instead of the first basic handling, I'm referring to the setup shown where a simple gimmick is constructed into which the "item" is concealed. I really like the advantage this provides of allowing one's palms to be shown completely clean, sleeves rolled up, etc. The larger "item" cannot be concealed in this gimmick. There are "items" available for purchase on the Internet which are in between these two sizes, and I'm thinking this might just be the solution.)

Have you guys also had trouble getting the smaller "item" to work on sliding glass doors? If so, what solutions have worked for you?

Thanks

Last edited by Stryga on Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Please help with "Window"
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:31 pm 
Team Penguin

Great question. I believe the trick was designed to be used with single paned windows (or doors) and so your "problem" is probably shared by everyone.

That said, a stronger "gimmick" should solve the problem of thicker glass, however it still leaves double paned windows as unusable.

Otherwise, I trust you're enjoying using it in single pane situations right? I love window ;)

Acar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:39 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Umm, I hate to be Johnny Raincloud here, but I would suggest taking this down. The asterisks did nothing; I still know exactly what you meant. Regardless, I'm still buying Window as soon as I have the money, but you might want to do some editing or something.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:39 am 
Penguin

OK, adjones, done. Thanks.

And, acar: Yes, I'm very happy with my purchase of Window. I think it's a great trick.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:29 pm 

Stryga,
It looks like you did a good job of editing. It looks now like you're getting your point across to people who know, and people like me who don't know are still totally in the dark.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:27 am 
Penguin

Also in the dark. Can't wait to buy this one when I save up the money. Acar, I trust stock will be replenished with this continuously when available? Or is this one of those "get it now or you won't be able to for months on end" type deals?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:53 am 
Team Penguin

We just got a new shipment in. I'm hoping this time it will last a few days, but yeah -- these last few hand-made tricks we've gotten have been H.A.R.D. to keep in stock.

Acar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:49 am 
Emperor Penguin

I am ordering this Friday around 9:00 AM Central Standard Time... if Window is not in stock, I'm coming after you, Acar.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:31 am 
born to perform.

I can use this on double-paned windows. Works great for me. But I like to use cars. Kills everytime.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:20 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I PM'd another user here to get his two cents on one particular aspect of this effect before I bought it, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask you all, either. I've noticed on a lot of YouTube videos of the effect (not the greatest source, I know), that after they have changed the card, a mysterious black line appears. I know very well what this black line is and how the effect works, so my question is this: Is that black line because the owners of the effect haven't taken proper care of it, or is it because of a sub-par gimmick?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:40 pm 
Team Penguin

adjones wrote:
I PM'd another user here to get his two cents on one particular aspect of this effect before I bought it, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask you all, either. I've noticed on a lot of YouTube videos of the effect (not the greatest source, I know), that after they have changed the card, a mysterious black line appears. I know very well what this black line is and how the effect works, so my question is this: Is that black line because the owners of the effect haven't taken proper care of it, or is it because of a sub-par gimmick?

I know that there are a LOT of knock-off's out there, and those gimmicks are not often made very well. If you are finding them on Youtube, chances are they might be one.

The legitimate Windows (E, Penguin) are much more well made and, provided you have good spectator management, shouldn't be much of a problem at all.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:29 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Popchris wrote:
The legitimate Windows (E, Penguin) are much more well made and, provided you have good spectator management, shouldn't be much of a problem at all.

You pinky swear?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:31 am 
born to perform.

Popchris wrote:
adjones wrote:

I know that there are a LOT of knock-off's out there, and those gimmicks are not often made very well. If you are finding them on Youtube, chances are they might be one.

Yes there are alot of knock offs out there, but I did buy mine through a magic store on pre order when it 1st came out and you can see a line in the card if you look closely. But on a good note it is ez to over come.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:20 am 
Emperor Penguin

aces_up_41 wrote:
Yes there are alot of knock offs out there, but I did buy mine through a magic store on pre order when it 1st came out and you can see a line in the card if you look closely. But on a good note it is ez to over come.

So through a window 3-4 feet away, you're not gonna see anything? I trust David Stone and all, but sometimes bad things happen through no fault of the magician. I just want to make sure I'm getting what I pay for with my $70.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:43 pm 
born to perform.

adjones wrote:
aces_up_41 wrote:

So through a window 3-4 feet away, you're not gonna see anything? I trust David Stone and all, but sometimes bad things happen through no fault of the magician. I just want to make sure I'm getting what I pay for with my $70.

Yes, 3 to 4 feet away is perfect. Even closer. I have the perfect way to this trick. I have my own handleing. I cant say inless you have this. When you buy it P.M. me.