View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Please help with "Window"
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:25 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 20 Aug 2007
Posts: 4
For various concealment purposes, I prefer to use the smaller of the 2 "items" supplied with Window. However, with thicker or double-paned windows that are common in many sliding glass doors, only the larger of these "items" seems to be effective.

(Specifically, instead of the first basic handling, I'm referring to the setup shown where a simple gimmick is constructed into which the "item" is concealed. I really like the advantage this provides of allowing one's palms to be shown completely clean, sleeves rolled up, etc. The larger "item" cannot be concealed in this gimmick. There are "items" available for purchase on the Internet which are in between these two sizes, and I'm thinking this might just be the solution.)

Have you guys also had trouble getting the smaller "item" to work on sliding glass doors? If so, what solutions have worked for you?


Thanks


Last edited by Stryga on Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Please help with "Window"
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:31 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Team Penguin

Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 1113
Great question. I believe the trick was designed to be used with single paned windows (or doors) and so your "problem" is probably shared by everyone.

That said, a stronger "gimmick" should solve the problem of thicker glass, however it still leaves double paned windows as unusable.

Otherwise, I trust you're enjoying using it in single pane situations right? I love window ;)

Acar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Please help with "Window"
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:39 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 7922
Location: Parkville, MO
Umm, I hate to be Johnny Raincloud here, but I would suggest taking this down. The asterisks did nothing; I still know exactly what you meant. Regardless, I'm still buying Window as soon as I have the money, but you might want to do some editing or something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Please help with "Window"
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:39 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 20 Aug 2007
Posts: 4
OK, adjones, done. Thanks.

And, acar: Yes, I'm very happy with my purchase of Window. I think it's a great trick.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Please help with "Window"
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:29 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 10 Sep 2004
Posts: 8861
Location: Las Vegas
Stryga,
It looks like you did a good job of editing. It looks now like you're getting your point across to people who know, and people like me who don't know are still totally in the dark.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Please help with "Window"
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:27 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 14 May 2009
Posts: 276
Location: North of Chicago
Also in the dark. Can't wait to buy this one when I save up the money. Acar, I trust stock will be replenished with this continuously when available? Or is this one of those "get it now or you won't be able to for months on end" type deals?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Please help with "Window"
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:53 am 
User avatar
Offline
Team Penguin

Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 1113
We just got a new shipment in. I'm hoping this time it will last a few days, but yeah -- these last few hand-made tricks we've gotten have been H.A.R.D. to keep in stock.

Acar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Please help with "Window"
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:49 am 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 7922
Location: Parkville, MO
I am ordering this Friday around 9:00 AM Central Standard Time... if Window is not in stock, I'm coming after you, Acar.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Please help with "Window"
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:31 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Posts: 891
I can use this on double-paned windows. Works great for me. But I like to use cars. Kills everytime.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Please help with "Window"
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:20 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 7922
Location: Parkville, MO
I PM'd another user here to get his two cents on one particular aspect of this effect before I bought it, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask you all, either. I've noticed on a lot of YouTube videos of the effect (not the greatest source, I know), that after they have changed the card, a mysterious black line appears. I know very well what this black line is and how the effect works, so my question is this: Is that black line because the owners of the effect haven't taken proper care of it, or is it because of a sub-par gimmick?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Please help with "Window"
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:40 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Team Penguin

Joined: 03 Aug 2007
Posts: 4235
Location: Continuously practicing, even as I type.
adjones wrote:
I PM'd another user here to get his two cents on one particular aspect of this effect before I bought it, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask you all, either. I've noticed on a lot of YouTube videos of the effect (not the greatest source, I know), that after they have changed the card, a mysterious black line appears. I know very well what this black line is and how the effect works, so my question is this: Is that black line because the owners of the effect haven't taken proper care of it, or is it because of a sub-par gimmick?


I know that there are a LOT of knock-off's out there, and those gimmicks are not often made very well. If you are finding them on Youtube, chances are they might be one.

The legitimate Windows (E, Penguin) are much more well made and, provided you have good spectator management, shouldn't be much of a problem at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Please help with "Window"
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:29 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 7922
Location: Parkville, MO
Popchris wrote:
The legitimate Windows (E, Penguin) are much more well made and, provided you have good spectator management, shouldn't be much of a problem at all.


You pinky swear?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Please help with "Window"
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:31 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Posts: 891
Popchris wrote:
adjones wrote:
I PM'd another user here to get his two cents on one particular aspect of this effect before I bought it, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask you all, either. I've noticed on a lot of YouTube videos of the effect (not the greatest source, I know), that after they have changed the card, a mysterious black line appears. I know very well what this black line is and how the effect works, so my question is this: Is that black line because the owners of the effect haven't taken proper care of it, or is it because of a sub-par gimmick?


I know that there are a LOT of knock-off's out there, and those gimmicks are not often made very well. If you are finding them on Youtube, chances are they might be one.

The legitimate Windows (E, Penguin) are much more well made and, provided you have good spectator management, shouldn't be much of a problem at all.


Yes there are alot of knock offs out there, but I did buy mine through a magic store on pre order when it 1st came out and you can see a line in the card if you look closely. But on a good note it is ez to over come.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Please help with "Window"
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:20 am 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 7922
Location: Parkville, MO
aces_up_41 wrote:
Yes there are alot of knock offs out there, but I did buy mine through a magic store on pre order when it 1st came out and you can see a line in the card if you look closely. But on a good note it is ez to over come.


So through a window 3-4 feet away, you're not gonna see anything? I trust David Stone and all, but sometimes bad things happen through no fault of the magician. I just want to make sure I'm getting what I pay for with my $70.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Please help with "Window"
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:43 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Posts: 891
adjones wrote:
aces_up_41 wrote:
Yes there are alot of knock offs out there, but I did buy mine through a magic store on pre order when it 1st came out and you can see a line in the card if you look closely. But on a good note it is ez to over come.


So through a window 3-4 feet away, you're not gonna see anything? I trust David Stone and all, but sometimes bad things happen through no fault of the magician. I just want to make sure I'm getting what I pay for with my $70.


Yes, 3 to 4 feet away is perfect. Even closer. I have the perfect way to this trick. I have my own handleing. I cant say inless you have this. When you buy it P.M. me.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.