View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Im having sooo much trouble :(
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:49 pm 
Penguin

Ok, so i am 14 years old and i love magic, the pickpocketing part. But im having so much trouble trying to get into peoples pockets without them feeling it.
Usually i try put my fingers in a v and then curve them into each other to grab the wallet but it NEVER works! So what are some ways you guys put your fingers into subjects' pockets. (im talking about the back pockets)

Any help is appreciated! :D

Post subject: Re: Im having sooo much trouble :(
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:36 pm 

At your age it is not the smartest thing to learn pickpocketing. Check with you local police to see what you can do to protect yourself from being arrested. You can be arrested for carrying lock picks unless you are licensed locksmith, however I use lock picks in my act, so I checked with my police dept and was told as long as I have my IBM local ring and national ID cards with me there is no problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:01 pm 
born to perform.

WELCOME to Penguin Town!

It's highly unlikely one is going to be arrested for pick pocketing if one doesn't exhibit the intent to rob. For a crime to be committed their must be intent. One who returns the lifted items as part of the routine or immediately afterward isn't displaying intent. Although I wouldn't recommend such a routine in open public thoroughfares such as streets, sidewalks, parks, malls, etc. unless one is established as a performer there and have people nearby to verify that.

Appearing on a magic discussion site and starting off with pickpocketing questions is going to look suspicious to some. It will help to contribute a bit and show some knowledge of magic principles and a sincere desire of the art.

One the other hand...
What are some names of other magicians whom you have seen perform pickpocketing?
What are your sources for instruction so far?
Where and with whom are you practicing?
What other routines go along with your performances?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:05 pm 
Penguin

[*]Oh yeah i see how that would come off as suspitious. Well to answer your questions ive seen bob arno live at a show, ive seen this guy named apollo. And im doing the tricks at school, i dont have much practice and i just gain my techniques from videos.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:00 pm 
born to perform.

EZrhythm wrote:

Who is performing in the videos? Are they instructional videos?

If you are just pickpocketing your classmates at school for fun (and not profit, haha) and you aren't performing any other type of magic or putting on a bona fide show it may be difficult to find assistance.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:51 pm 
Penguin

they arent even instructional videos, heres one that ive been watching but i cant tell if its fake. http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-pick- ... ro-363613/

And yeah its just non profit school picking

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:09 pm 

The vid was a set up. All were actors and the "victim" knew everything. It was a demo to show you that the crime can happen, not to show you how it hppens. There are ways to learn the skill but you have to find them yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:17 pm 
born to perform.

Paddy is right about them being actors. In general the techniques magicians are to create a distraction using the routine (related or not) that they are performing. For example, if there is an assistant on stage, he is participating in a magic effect and the pickpocketing is usually in addition to the main effect.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:52 pm 
Penguin

Ok thx guys! I actually thought it was real lmao, but i guess ill just search around for the techniques, although ive been alot already.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:25 pm 

EZrhythm wrote:
WELCOME to Penguin Town!

What are some names of other magicians whom you have seen perform pickpocketing?
What are your sources for instruction so far?
Where and with whom are you practicing?

Good questions. Answer some of these and you might find help coming your way.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:27 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
The vid was a set up. All were actors and the "victim" knew everything. It was a demo to show you that the crime can happen, not to show you how it hppens. There are ways to learn the skill but you have to find them yourself.

Actually that was not the case. This was a clip from the TV show The Real Hustle which airs on BBCOne (there was an American version with Apollo Robbins on TruTV for a bit as well) It is a hidden camera show where people are legitimately conned out of their money or have things stolen from them. Afterwards they are interview by the crew. R. Paul Wilson is one of the main members of the show.

However that being said, the was more of a way to show how one may be pickpocketed, not how to pick someones pockets. I recommend you check out Chappy Brazil's DVD on the watch steal to get you started.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:59 pm 
Penguin

ok to fully answer the questions, ive seen bob arno live at a concert, my sources of intruction are just youtube videos (not good quality) and im just practicing at school with my friends. And there are no other routines i just like the picking aspect of it.