View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: IT Reel questions
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:47 pm 
Penguin

Hey guys,

I've just recently found out about ITR. Also, I'm new to levitation, never done any work on it, but, I'm going to borrow my friend's DVD Who's afraid of IT. My question is, which kind of ITR should I get? What's the difference between the Boss and the Alpha. Also, it seems, the titan itr is the newest strongest thread?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: IT Reel questions
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:47 pm 
Team Penguin

good question!

The Micro ITR is the one that I use and love;
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S3831

when comparing it to the Boss, many people tend to go with the Boss for 2 reasons;

1. The Boss is smaller

2. The Boss clips on instead of having to be pinned in like the Micro ITR.

The Micro ITR isnt' very large, but it is about twice as long as the Boss. If you can get past that and the fact that it has to be pinned in, you'll have a GREAT ITR. The upside that the Micro has over the Boss is that you can get a longer length of thread out of it...meaning you have more freedom to move further away from the item that you're hooked up to.

Another option is an electronic ITR such as the Spider Pen;
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/946

With the spider pen, you can walk up to about 20 feet from the object you're floating and still retain the support you need from the thread. This is UNHEARD Of with the other reels. This is made possible by the battery operated motor hidden inside of the pen. Since it's hidden in a pen, the reel is perfectly camouflaged. All you have to do is clip it in your shirt or coat pocket, and you're ready to go! The only problem many people fall victim to with the spider pen is the dead battery. This happens usually when you forget to turn off the motor, which will run the batter dead when not in use. If this happens, when you pull on the thread, it just goes EVERYWHERE and then you'll have to replace the thread spool before your next performance. BTW. The spider pen has a secret compartment for storing an extra thread spool.

I've recently been looking into the Titan ITR (Alpha size):
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S13297

I'm very impressed with the video for this ITR and the fact that it's strong enough to hold up a deck of cards...in a box...that's very intersting.

Hope this was of some help to you!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:24 am 
Penguin

that was a BIG help! thank you so much :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:27 pm 
Team Penguin

you're VERY welcome!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:06 am 
Penguin

I recently got a titan ITR. I haven't used it a lot but the effects I have done, in the past I broke thread and worried about it; with the titan the thread is noticably stronger. Not a breakage so far. The thread is, I think, slightly more reflective but of a similar thickness. The ITR itself is much smoother than my old boss and limits the winding speed to prevent tangles. This takes a little getting used to as the retraction is now slower than the old boss, but I think it's a superior design.