View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Effects!?!?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:19 pm 
Penguin

Hia! :wink: I am about to start preforming on the street but I am missing from my performance a good :shock: trick(if you know what I mean) any ideas. (BTW I am a teenage boy and I scale myself as Intermediate)Thank You! :P

Post subject: Re: Effects!?!?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:34 pm 
born to perform.

I am afraid I don't know what you mean by a "good trick." what are your strongest tricks? What do you already own?
And when you say you want to perform on the street do you want to busking (think Gazzo) walk around style (think David Blaine.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:50 pm 
Penguin

Contact juggling seems to make people's eyes bug out. As does near anything involving fire. But what you should realize is that even the best of tricks fall flat, and some of the simplest tricks can be utterly amazing if performed well. I'd honestly perform first for friends, family, and/or people you've just met in controled environments. Perform some of your favorite stuff and see what makes their eyes bug out the most.

-ArchAngel_G

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:51 am 
born to perform.

Sorry for posting the same message here and on your topic in the street section...I thought my message failed or something...didn't realize you posted it here and in the street forum. (just an FYI you shouldn't post the same thing in two sections of the forum, people will see it.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:45 am 

rara1970 wrote:
Hia! :wink: I am about to start preforming on the street but I am missing from my performance a good :shock: trick(if you know what I mean) any ideas. (BTW I am a teenage boy and I scale myself as Intermediate)Thank You! :P

It is NOT the "trick" that's any good, it's the performance of it that makes it good. I make my living busking and just did a total rewrite of my act so I could perform like Jimmy Talksalot, i.e. without a table. I now set up and do a 10 to 12 minute rope act. Each show pulls in around $20, which is not bad when you consider that adds up to between $80 to $100 an hour.

Pick out YOUR best 3 effects, ones that YOU PERFORM with excellence, go out, hit the street, hat the crap out of your pitch and have fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:04 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
rara1970 wrote:

It is NOT the "trick" that's any good, it's the performance of it that makes it good. I make my living busking and just did a total rewrite of my act so I could perform like Jimmy Talksalot, i.e. without a table. I now set up and do a 10 to 12 minute rope act. Each show pulls in around $20, which is not bad when you consider that adds up to between $80 to $100 an hour.

Pick out YOUR best 3 effects, ones that YOU PERFORM with excellence, go out, hit the street, hat the crap out of your pitch and have fun.

I come back after a LONG hiatus, and it's good to see Paddy giving the same solid, real-world advice.

-JT