View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Quantum bender vs. coinvexed
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:55 am 
Penguin

Hi Guys,

What can you recommend between the quantum bender and coinvexed?

Quantum bender:

Can the spectator handle the sharpie in a normal way? Can the sharpie be used as a regular sharpie?

Coinvexed:

What the difference between the two.

Which one to prefer and why?

Hope you can give me some answers.

Sincerly,

Mikkel

Post subject: Re: Quantum bender vs. coinvexed
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:24 pm 
born to perform.

Quantum Bender:
The sharpie they sign the coin with is a NORMAL sharpie. There is nothing wrong with the sharpie as they sign the coin so they can handle it as much as they want.

Coinvexed:
To perform Coinvexed you NEED to pull out a bunch of change from your pocket. The routine he provides is where you have two coins signed and one of them bends...the ONLY reason for having a second coin signed is to provide misdirection to bend the first coin and this is the HUGE flaw in this routine.

Quantum Bender is a lot better than Coinvexed for several reasons. It doesn't take up pocket space. It doesn't have useless misdirection built into the routine to make the bend. And there is nothing for them to look for...all they know is that you have a sharpie and their coin.

Post subject: aa
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:36 am 
born to perform.

aa

Last edited by aces_up_41 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:14 pm 
born to perform.

They don't do the same thing in the end. Magic happens AFTER the trick is done; it happens when the person rewinds the events in his mind. And when the spectator rewinds everything, he will have a convoluted version of the bending routine in his mind with coinvexed but a clear memory of Quantum Bender.

Put yourself in the spectator's shoes. Imagine you see a magician pull out a bunch of coins and gives you one of his coins to sign. Now he gives you another coin to sign while he takes back your first coin. Both coins are put into your hand and one of them bends. Eventually, you think to yourself, "Why did I sign the other coin? What is he going to do with it." The structure of coinvexed as a routine detracts from the coin that bent.

When you rewind the events in your mind you remember that the magician took out a bunch of coins and had you sign two of them. One of the coins you didn't pay attention to because he made you sign the other one so for all you know, he switched the coins. Maybe your initials were on it but you remember him having a bunch of coins so he still could have done SOMETHING. Basically...there are tooooooo many holes in the structure of the method itself.

Now imagine this...you take out YOUR coin. The magician doesn't even touch it and you put your initials on it and look at the date. The magician puts the coin in your hand and now it bends. The ONLY things that are in play are the coin and the sharpie so when you backtrack, you can't think of ANY solution. Nothing detracts from the routine because your mind is only focused on the coin that bent in your hand...the coin that you KNOW is yours. No matter what explanation you can think of it won't work because you didn't take your eyes off the coin, you signed it so you know its yours, and the magician's hands were empty.

All in all, the two versions may seek out to accomplish the same effect but the structure of the routines is what makes Quantum sooooo much better. And because the METHOD of Coinvexed has an inherent flaw that cannot be changed, the EFFECT in the spectator's mind will never be as strong.

And did I forget to mention that David Penn, the creator of Coinvexed, uses the Quantum Bender now;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:13 pm 
born to perform.

You have to have two coins signed? What are you supposed to do with the other one? Whistle? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:14 pm 
born to perform.

Learn some switches and you'll be able to do a coin bend routine without paying 500 bucks for it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:10 pm 
born to perform.

DVLKCC wrote:
You have to have two coins signed? What are you supposed to do with the other one? Whistle? :lol:

Yes the routine with Coinvexed needs two coins signed. NOTHING happens to the second one. The only reason for having it signed is to give you misdirection to bend the first one but they are signing the coin for no reason.

And if you think pre-bending coins then be my guest ;). The less people with a Quantum Bender, the better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:40 pm 
born to perform.

Oh you Benji!!..gonna have to spring for this soon.

Just bought a Stealth Assassin Wallet and with Quantum Bender 2.0 I could have a very impromptu looking mentalism flavored routine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:46 pm 
born to perform.

DVLKCC wrote:
Just bought a Stealth Assassin Wallet and with Quantum Bender 2.0 I could have a very impromptu looking mentalism flavored routine.

I don't know...with those two you might start a cult or something so you should watch out :)

Post subject: bb
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:56 am 
born to perform.

bb

Last edited by aces_up_41 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:18 pm 
born to perform.

Its called Coinvexed...not Convoluted. And like I said earlier...the routine David Penn provides you with uses two coins and only one bends. If you're in the U.S. then you can't even make the other coin move in the person's hand because the coins hear are not magnetic. As soon as we got a copy of Coinvexed and watched the video, we immediately knew that having two coins in Coinvexed is pointless because only one of them bends.

After viewing Coinvexed we met up with John Sheets and talked about other bending routines. Of course John knew Coinvexed couldn't even come close to the QB and agreed that having two coins signed is pointless when only one bends and the other is left for the spectator to think "what is he going to do with this one."

So like I said before...the only reason to have two coins signed in the Coinvexed routine is to give you the misdirection to bend one of them.

Post subject: cc
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:34 pm 
born to perform.

cc

Last edited by aces_up_41 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:46 pm 
born to perform.

Ok you do your Coinvexed routine and I'll do my Quantum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:52 am 
Penguin

benji11 wrote:
Ok you do your Coinvexed routine and I'll do my Quantum.

Hi Guys,

This is David Penn, the inventor of Coinvexed and Coinvexed 2 that will be available in February.
Benji, you seem very defensive towards your QB2 routine and seem very happy to criticise CV. I can understand this as you paid so much for your QB2.
You also state that I don’t actually use CV and now use QB2. This is simply not true along with many arguments that you have put forward regarding Coinvexed. I do have a routine on my lecture DVD that is suitable for anyone that owns doth devices, but that is it.
I do feel that your posts have been very misleading to people you have offered advice to. Whenever you describe the hidden work with Coinvexed you always detail it in full but when you refer to the QB2 routine you seem to imply that it just happens for you! You even imply that they can use the QB2 to write with which is not true.
Coinvexed 2 will be released shortly and will totally streamline the handling making it an even better proposition for anyone who wants to bend coins.

I will monitor this forum and if anyone has a question about Coinvexed or Coinvexed 2 I will be happy to answer your questions HONESTLEY!

All the best guys,

David

Post subject: dd
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:16 am 
born to perform.

dd

Last edited by aces_up_41 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.