View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Comparing Invisible Elastic Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:21 pm 
Penguin

Hey all, just had a quick question about elastic thread. Since I've been using loops, I have harvested my own elastic thread from the "elastic thread" sewing spools you can find at craft stores and it has worked really well as far as strength and invisibility. My first question is if anyone else does this. My second question is if I should invest in PET 2.0 or Yegal or some other brand. I only ask this because I really don't know if buying professional thread is worth the $15.00 when I've been having such positive results with my method which costs a whopping $1.75.

If I were to purchase said professional elastic thread, which is the best? I have heard several mixed reviews pertaining mostly to the difference between Yegal's and PET 2.0. Apparently everyone has their favorites.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Comparing Invisible Elastic Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:55 pm 
Penguin

If you have something that works for you then stick with it. The professional brands you mention are the same thing you are buying at a craft store. If you are able to tie the correct knot and don't mind the extra time in prep then you can save your money for other goodies.