View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: TKO 2.0
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:41 pm 
Penguin

I am thinking to buy this, but I have a question

does it take a long time to master

Post subject: Re: TKO 2.0
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:25 pm 
Penguin

Any magic takes a long time to master. Nothing is easy. It all takes hundreds of hours of practice and rehearsal.
You shouldn't buy magic because it's easy to do. Buy it because your audience will love it. If you really want to entertain the audience, it won't matter how hard a trick is, because you will want to master is regardless.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:41 pm 
Penguin

drewer wrote:
Any magic takes a long time to master. Nothing is easy. It all takes hundreds of hours of practice and rehearsal.
You shouldn't buy magic because it's easy to do. Buy it because your audience will love it. If you really want to entertain the audience, it won't matter how hard a trick is, because you will want to master is regardless.

thats true but does take long time before I can perfom with tko 2.0 was what I was trying to say

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:51 am 
Penguin

If you're pretty good at sleight of hand, then I don't think it would be too hard to learn. It's not a beginner's trick. It will take practice (like everything). Don't expect to be performing it next week.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:21 am 
Penguin

drewer wrote:
If you're pretty good at sleight of hand, then I don't think it would be too hard to learn. It's not a beginner's trick. It will take practice (like everything). Don't expect to be performing it next week.

im not a expert but not bad either at sleight of hand. but I am an expert in the art of distraction :D

does that help ? :)

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:23 pm 
Team Penguin

I LOVE the TKO 2.0. It's a wonderfully versatile gimmick, and I use it a lot.

That being said, it's definitely knacky. Like drewer said, it's not something you'll be performing in a week, but once you get it down, you'll be able to perform miracles whenever you have it on. If you're willing to put in the practice, it's well worth it.

All the best,
-Chris

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:52 pm 
Penguin

Popchris wrote:

That being said, it's definitely knacky. Like drewer said, it's not something you'll be performing in a week, but once you get it down, you'll be able to perform miracles whenever you have it on. If you're willing to put in the practice, it's well worth it.

All the best,
-Chris

from 1 to 10 how knacky is it ?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:54 pm 
Penguin

Almi3 wrote:
Popchris wrote:

All the best,
-Chris

from 1 to 10 how knacky is it ?

oh and what gives beter reactions tko 2.0 or spider pen pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:48 pm 
Penguin

TKO is much more versatile in my opinion. I'm not too crazy for either because I don't wear the right clothes often enough for TKO and I don't like Spider Pen type levitations. Given a choice between the 2 I would choose TKO. It will take a lot of time to get used to, and a lot of practice but its better in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:18 am 
Penguin

Well it is tough to compare the TKO to the Spider Pen. They are completely different animals.

The TKO is a great utility but it does take a lot of work! It is not a beginner trick - like disappearing milk pitcher or invisible deck. But I would say the sleight of hand is not much harder than sponge balls. Be prepared to put some hours into it and you can come up with some amazing ideas for it. It is just a different action than sponge balls or coins. The sleights are different but not much harder, I think. But I just don't wear the right shirts often enough.

As for the Spider Pen... my favorite levitator is the GTR from Grand illusions. Good quality, amazing customer service, and silent operation. To me the difficulty level is just a bit easier than the TKO - but again they are so different it is hard to compare them at all.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:50 pm 
Penguin

TKO 2.0 is worth the effort and time it takes to get good at it. Plan on spending 40+ hours on it to have it truly mastered.