View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lennart Green's Master File
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:27 pm 
Penguin

hi there

im kinda new here so i dont where exactly to ask this question
hope this is the right place ..

anyway i saw a trailer of the great magician Lennart Green's Master File dvd

and there is one trick i wanted to learn years ago .. i guess the name of it is the " beam deal "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wt1re4R-Q

i did see it in the tralier but maybe its just a preform of it .. so if anyone knows if the explnation of this trick is in the dvd i hope to inform me so i buy it

i know its a great dvd but i need this trick so much loool :p :D

Post subject: Re: Lennart Green's Master File
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:48 am 
Penguin

I own this set of dvds and they are among my most prized possessions. The effect you're refering to is called the "Laser Deal" (or "Snap Deal", same thing minus the laser pointer) Lennart teaches his entire lifes work on this Master File set, it's worth every penny of $160. When I bought this set I didn't leave the house for a week!

There is also another 6-DVD set of Lennart Green's card magic available through Meir Yedid's website called "Lennart Green the Classic Collection". This set was produced a few years before the Master File set. They both teach about the same material. I'm a Lennart-o-phile so I just had to buy both sets. They are so good you almost want to send the guy some more money. Here's a link to Meir Yedid's site and that set:

http://www.mymagic.com/green.htm

Note: Penguin has these listed as out-of-stock, so I published the link to Meir Yedid's site and ad for the set.

The thing I like about the Classic 6-DVD set is that volume 1 is his very first DVD he did back in 1995 or 96 (transfered from VHS). This was the tape that introduced me to Lennart and really got me interested in his work. If this were the only DVD I ever had of this guy it contains enough original material to keep me busy for twenty years. Volume 1 is almost entirely moves, sleights and ideas of a highly original nature.

SO, first off I wouldn't hesitate about buying the Lennart Green Master File, that's a no brainer. Then, if you decide you're really into this guy's work spend the $110 and buy the additional Classic 6-DVD set from Meir Yedid.

To be honest, I prefer the 6 volume Classic set over the Master File. I have no idea why as the Master File set is far superior production wise. Nevertheless I'm so glad I bought both sets. Much like a college education, I look at these sets as an investment in my education.

ALSO, there is a brand new 2-DVD set called L&D Lennart & Dani. It contains all of Lennart's latest work since the Master File series. It's the best set of DVDs I've bought in the last five years. Lennart's cull technique is worth five times the price of the set alone. This Dani DaOrtiz is another new kid on the block with some unbelievable material-- I'm buying his $160 Master File set next. Here's a link to this new L&D set:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S15416

If, by chance you can't afford the DVD sets right now you can buy Lennart's $10 booklet called the "Snap Deal", which is basically the exact same thing as the Laser Deal. Penguin has it listed as out-of-stock, but if you hunt around you'll find a copy (Mr. Green is from Sweden so his written english isn't that great-- BTW, he is a retired doctor). Here's a link to the Snap Deal booklet:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/386

If you have ANY questions about Lennart Green or any of his DVD sets feel free to PM me. I've been his biggest fan and hard-core student since 1996 and have (I'm embarassed to admit) two sets of every DVD he has ever put out.

I almost forgot to mention another of his DVDs called "Green Lite". This DVD contains a set of self-working tricks he invented. Another must-have for your collection.

Run "Lennart Green" through Penguin's search engine and you'll come up with a list of everything he puts out.

Also, there's a LOT of performance material on Youtube of Lennart performing his magic. I find it absolutely mesmerizing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:26 am 
Penguin

wow swayze

that was more than i need really
thanks appreciate your help

i think im gonna go first with the set of 6 dvd's as you suggest

im so much into this guy magic
he is diffrent than others .. and to do the trick he do with normal deck thats gotta be somthing

but i asked about the laser or beam deal cuz i remember seeing the video of it before 10 years and i didnt sleep thinking of it .. :p

thx dude for your help

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:40 pm 
Penguin

Lennart Green may be my favorite magician. I love his style! I had the same thoughts about his laser deal! That and the group Dexion haunted my dreams for years.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:44 pm 
Penguin

Lennart is so good with a regular deck of cards that when he entered FISM the first time back in the 90's they threw him out and accused him of using trick cards. He came back the next year and won.

You won't regret that 6-DVD set Abdul, I thought about suggesting you buy them first but if you're heart was set on the Master File there's nothing wrong with that either. I like the way the material is divided up on the six discs. Volume one is primarily Lennart's early work dealing with moves and sleights, I believe volume two deals solely with false shuffles, and so on (actually, that's volume 4).

You may get your mind so wrapped around these discs that we don't hear from you for a good long time (I hope not, I'd like to hear how you're progressing). Some of Lennart's material is very difficult, but don't give up. Learn the move, practice for awhile, and if it's too difficult stop for awhile and think about it for a few days.

I see the first item on volume 6 is the Laser Deal, I'm sure that will be the first one you watch. That is what is known as a conjuror's accoustic secret, the effect combines the sound of a card being dealt and Lennart's Lateral Palm (something you'll learn a LOT about). This is probably his most famous and remembered effect. Dealing cards into a beam of light, I wish I could have had him as a science teacher.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:52 am 
Penguin

FYI, Lennart's favorite magic book is STRANKO ON CARDS, here's a link:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S10128

Lennart also bases much of his card magic on fractal theory. In one dvd he mentions the book CHAOS several times as being one of his favorites, here's a link to that one:

http://www.amazon.com/Chaos-Making-Scie ... ords=chaos

I warned you I was a Lennart-o-phile...and I've never even met him.