View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: hypnoses
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:41 pm 
Penguin

hey I am a magician and I really really really want to hypnotise people like Marshal Manlove. i've read some books, watchet the trilby connection and the Manchurian Approach, but I still cant hypnotise people. is there a way to master the art of stage/street hypnoses for sure and has fast has possible.

Post subject: Re: hypnoses
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:57 pm 
Penguin

If you want to get a hold of Hypnosis, it'd be best to find a mentor. Somebody who has experience in the field, and can help you on your journey.

If you cannot find a mentor, I'd suggest getting a buddy involved in the same practice (of make friends with somebody already in the practice). This way you two can help each other learn, and if one of you understand something before the other, you'd both benefit.

Another reference for learning material, which is very, very praised, would be "The Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism" by the Dean himself, Ormond McGill. I can't tell you how many times I've been referenced to this book.

Finally, one flaw that many people have is believability. The participant has to sincerely believe you can hypnotize them, if they do not, it can cause a rather large hinderance.

Hope this helps,

TJ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:41 pm 
born to perform.

Post a video. We can take a look, and see if anything obvious glares out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:56 pm 
Penguin

cestdesconneries wrote:
If you want to get a hold of Hypnosis, it'd be best to find a mentor. Somebody who has experience in the field, and can help you on your journey.

If you cannot find a mentor, I'd suggest getting a buddy involved in the same practice (of make friends with somebody already in the practice). This way you two can help each other learn, and if one of you understand something before the other, you'd both benefit.

Another reference for learning material, which is very, very praised, would be "The Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism" by the Dean himself, Ormond McGill. I can't tell you how many times I've been referenced to this book.

Finally, one flaw that many people have is believability. The participant has to sincerely believe you can hypnotize them, if they do not, it can cause a rather large hinderance.

Hope this helps,

TJ

thank you very much for the books I will take a look on them :) unfortunately all my friends thinks that hypnoses is not real :( do you know if there is a way to get online traning/teacher in hypnoses ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:57 pm 
Penguin

akirafist wrote:
Post a video. We can take a look, and see if anything obvious glares out.

that would be great :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:40 pm 
Penguin

I'm sure there is a way to get an online teach (any experienced hypnotist on this forum with access to a webcam for example), but I don't think that's a very good way to learn. Hands-on experience tends to be the best, bar-none.

You can always try to explain to your friends the scientific aspect of it, how it's not mind control or actually sleeping, it's just a heightened sense of awareness where people are more suggestible, and hopefully the knowledge itself can help. (Also, their pre-made doubts probably hindered your advancement as well).

If you're willing, I'd also suggest finding a hypnotherapist near you (sounds like advertisement...) and asking them personally if they'd be willing to help you learn. I'll be doing the same after summer ends, since my job will slow down.

Best of luck to you,

TJ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:31 am 
Penguin

cestdesconneries wrote:
I'm sure there is a way to get an online teach (any experienced hypnotist on this forum with access to a webcam for example), but I don't think that's a very good way to learn. Hands-on experience tends to be the best, bar-none.

You can always try to explain to your friends the scientific aspect of it, how it's not mind control or actually sleeping, it's just a heightened sense of awareness where people are more suggestible, and hopefully the knowledge itself can help. (Also, their pre-made doubts probably hindered your advancement as well).

If you're willing, I'd also suggest finding a hypnotherapist near you (sounds like advertisement...) and asking them personally if they'd be willing to help you learn. I'll be doing the same after summer ends, since my job will slow down.

Best of luck to you,

TJ

thanks for the advice TJ :) but I think I will try this hypnoses course I found on the internet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:45 pm 
Penguin

You hypnotize people all the time, and are hypnotized yourself. Get a copy of MONSTERS AND MAGICAL STICKS: There is No Such Thing as Hypnosis, and find out for yourself. Also, read everything you can by Robert Anton Wilson, he's got a dozen books out there and a load of videos on Youtube. Prepare to have your mental polarity reversed as you will never see the world the same again. Mr. Wilson is currently dead, but left quite a mountian of work for us to study. Mr. Wilson was a intellectual S**t disturber from the 60s and best buddies with Timothy Leary. Wilson wrote the intro to the Monsters book cited above.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:53 pm 
Penguin

You just know a little bit about everything, don't you swayze?

That concept is interesting, I'll have to pick up that book myself. Thanks for the input!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:19 pm 
Penguin

Just as a small addition to my last comment;

Before you posted that about Monsters and Magical Sticks, I actually got myself a copy of Frogs into Princes, and although I'm not done with the book yet, NLP is a very interesting concept, and I can see why many Hypnotherapists use it alongside hypnosis.

With the multitude of videos Robert A. Wilson left on YouTube, and the books I can find, I feel like you just pointed me towards my next journey swayze, and I didn't even start this thread...

Almi3, I do hope your online courses go like silk, however do not be afraid to throw in additional methods of learning into the subject of Hypnosis. The title of the book swayze mentioned (referring to; There's No Such Thing as Hypnosis) isn't exactly what it seems to be. After reading a review on the book, it seems that the subject isn't that Hypnosis is Faux, it's that Hypnosis isn't what most believe it to be. (I gathered this information from a website dedicated to reviewing Hypnotism materials)

But back to using additional learning sources... NLP and Hypnosis seem to be closely linked together, and to expand your understanding of Hypnosis, I think it'd be benefitial to learn a bit about NLP as well (Monsters and Magical Sticks is only around $15, so with the review and swayze's recommendation, I'd say it's well worth that).

The Encyclopedia I referenced you to is a bit more expensive than that.. However, it does go more in-depth about inductions, fractioning, and all of that good stuff.

Hakunah Matata

TJ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:45 pm 
Penguin

Since 1975 I've read 45K books, all non fiction. I would post a lot more here but I'd get censored. I'm not even a magician, my grandfather was and left me his collection which contained about 3,500 books on magic alone. I was thrown out of Mensa for my anarchist writings which got me several visits from those three-lettered agencies and one from the SS when a certain vip came to town. When your hobby is inventing guns and other dangerous toys that can't be detected you awaken a sleeping giant that will crush you like a grape on the sidewalk. The Patriot Act shut me and my writing up for good.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:07 pm 
Penguin

45k???? My goodness, forgive me for saying this but;

You're either lying or you're gifted/patient sir! I'm trying to just build up my attention-span for reading (always hated it as a kid, and I love it now, I'm just trying to change my mind-set so I don't have to do something else in-between chapters). Hopefully speed will build up.

It is interesting that you're on a forum basically made for magicians, and yet aren't one yourself. You definitely have a much more interesting history than I, and more than I most likely will.

I'm also glad to see that I'm not the only one who focuses on Non-Ficticious books, seeing how people obsess over the major Trilogies out there involved vampires and sadistic games, it just seems sad that nobody focuses on actual knowledge anymore...

Sorry to hear about your writing's end though, seems like we're not too far apart politically, however our hobbies are very different, haha.

Best of luck for your future swayze

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:48 am 
Penguin

Consider getting yourself some nootropics for intense reading, concentration and memory. You'll have to hit your doctor up for the good stuff. Tell him you're doing shift work and having trouble with memory, focus and staying awake. I've tried over-the-counter nootropics like Alpha-Brain ($50-$80 per month) and Citicholine, they work to an extent but not the peak performance I was looking for. I feed my head about a dozen brain vitamins a day along with a couple of triple shots in the morning. I get so hyped I have to take three heart pills at night just to turn my brain off. If you want some trippy dreams try L-Dopa...it's perfectly legal and I practically lead a second life justin the dream state. Last night I was with these three chinese chicks...CENCORED.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:41 pm 
Penguin

Thank you all very much ! :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:51 pm 
Penguin

No problem Almi3, haha. Sorry if the conversation got too off topic. Just feel free to ask any questions you have (privately or on the forums), penguin has many people willing to help :) myself included.

-

swayze, you have my interest on nootropics, that's for sure.. Not too sure about lucid dreaming, but I could really use a study aid, and from the little research I've done, nootropics generally don't have many adverse effects. Thank you for sharing that idea, I might just try it soon.