View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Help with new trick
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:15 am 
Penguin

Hey, guys. I'm looking for some new tricks to buy. I like street/closeup magic with ordinary stuff. (No gilliotins, silk scarfs and gigantic rings)
I got a bunch of card and IT magic, so I am looking for something else to put to the test. ( I also have most of Greg Wilsons stuff)

I am a hobby magician, and perform 1-3 tricks for friends or strangers when I'm in the mood for some fun.
I would say my skill level is intermediate.

Need some real "workers". Something that blows people away (after some practice ofcourse).
I actualy like gimmicked magic, so something good with that would be great. Non-gimmicked is ofcourse also allright if it is mindblowing.

Thanks a bunch for any advice!

Post subject: Re: Help with new trick
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:15 am 
Penguin

Fiber Optics (expanded) has some insanely high praise in the worker's community. Penguin stopped carrying it but I know you can find it somewhere :)

It's rope magic, but it's some of the sickest effects I've seen. The effects featured on this DVD blew away my apathy for rope magic, and I'm sure you'll love it too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:28 am 
born to perform.

You could check out Jay Sankeys stuff. Like best street magic, paperclipped, international collection and so much more he has to offer. Also maybe try some of the penguin lectures like jay sankey, joshua jay or oz peralman and many more. You'll get a lot of bank for your buck.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:14 am 
born to perform.

Turbo stick. The X effect kills.I have been doing this evertime I go out and Everbody wants me to perform it over and over. Its pure eye candy.

Also the new V-deck is killer. I havent done this for anybody yet but it will be a worker.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:15 am 
born to perform.

You joined 2011 and this is your 1st post. WoW.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:13 pm 
Penguin

Well, you could always buy the 'Workers' set of DVDs by Michael Close. This material does get the spectator's reactions. That Pothole trick is what got this whole moving hole effect started back in the mid 90s.

I LOVE that Fiber Optics rope magic dvd. If you like it too then you'll definitely want to get the two Tabery rope magic dvds. I didn't leave the house for days I was having so much fun just fooling myself in the mirror.

Fiber Optics and Tabery are so similar I wonder who is borrowing from who. Either way this stuff KILLS!!! It's like living in your own personal Twilight Zone-- it's almost too good.

They both use the George Sands gimmick, that much I know for a fact.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:12 am 

Wenter wrote:
Hey, guys. I'm looking for some new tricks to buy. I like street/closeup magic with ordinary stuff. (No gilliotins, silk scarfs and gigantic rings)
I got a bunch of card and IT magic, so I am looking for something else to put to the test. ( I also have most of Greg Wilsons stuff)

I am a hobby magician, and perform 1-3 tricks for friends or strangers when I'm in the mood for some fun.
I would say my skill level is intermediate.

Need some real "workers". Something that blows people away (after some practice ofcourse).
I actualy like gimmicked magic, so something good with that would be great. Non-gimmicked is ofcourse also allright if it is mindblowing.

Thanks a bunch for any advice!

First thing is join your local SAM Assembly or IBM ring (Google society of american magicians or international brotherhood of magicians to find your local) attend the meetings and meet local magi. You can learn immense amounts by that. After that there are so many venues you can go. Rope is my favourite but coin magic is a killer too along with other close up effects.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:53 pm 
born to perform.

Extreme Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders should get you huge reactions and it's easy to perform. While you're at it , order Fiber Optics too ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:05 pm 
Penguin

I was thinking Sankey, too. He has a ton of material out there. My favorite Sankey DVD is "Front Row Sankey," which has several effects that are worth the cover price. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/988

And my all-time favorite Sankey effect is "In A Flash." When it first came out, everybody was doing it. But I haven't seen anybody perform it live in a while. (Yeah I know, you said you have enough card tricks, but call this a coin trick and give the demo a watch.) http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/329

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:22 pm 
Penguin

Thanks a lot guys. I'm gonna check it out.
Rope is really not my thing. It's too much of a "prop" in my mind.
Coin magic looks really fun actually, might pick up some of that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:03 am 
Penguin

I don't mean to be pushy Wenter, but have you seen the video for Fiber Optics? You could wear the rope around your waste if you don't wanna take up pocket space, haha, but it's definitely worth checking out man.