View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rinkey-Dinkey
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:47 pm 
Penguin

Does anyone have anything good to say about it? I'm still grasping for straws on this one. I bought it and am not happy with it. It's not as easy or as versatile as it is made out to be and I can't see anyway it can be used in close-up. (Maybe with one semi-blind person around) I'm hoping that someone proves me wrong, so I can get something out of my investment.

Post subject: Re: Rinkey-Dinkey
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:02 am 
Penguin

Rinkey Dinkey is a good effect, one in a number of follow ups to the classic ring flight effect. Aside from the terrible name, it is INCREDIBLE when performed correctly. Some key points to keep in mind are that the gimmick should be weighted down, so add a few more keys to it. Also experiment with having it in your back or front pocket and watch your angles. Perform it in front of the mirror, and be natural. The spectator should have no idea what you are goin to do with the ring until it has vanished and then the reappearance should be devastating. Watch my video demo on the site a few times and hopefully it will help you out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:02 pm 
Penguin

I understand how powerful the effect can be, that's why I bought it. I just feel like the description is misleading. It's not as easy as it sounds. The angle has to be perfect and it is difficult if not impossible to do closeup with a group of people. I can do the trick great in front of a stationary video camera, but have the angle off a little bit and you can see what is up. I won't even attempt it if the situation isn't perfect, and so far that scenario has never happened. I could see this trick classified as stage magic and not closeup.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:57 am 
Penguin

I don't own this particular effect, but I've had a classic ring flight for years and years. I always perform it close-up (I work mostly in restaurants), and I've never had any problems with angles or anything else. Please put alot more practice into the effect, and if you still don't like it I'll take it off your hands for .50 cents on the dollar. ;-) My Immaculate Ring Flite is starting to show it's age.