View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ID presentation help
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:38 am 
born to perform.

Hey guys,
I have been working on a presentation for an 'Invisible Deck' and have hit what I beleive may be a snag. The presentation is a more serious, mentalism-type handling that I beleive to be original. I'll explain to you how the presentation looks thus far -
I get an audience member on stage or (depending on the circumstances) just to stand in the performance area (close up shows etc.). I get a seat and get them to sit down. I ask them to close their eyes and imagine themselves standing in a room that is empty except for a table and on that table is a deck of cards. I'm not going to launch into the full presentation but you get the idea. They pick the deck up, reverse a card in the deck, put it in the box then put the box in their pocket. I ask them to open their eyes. I then tell them (don't worry I'm not planning on lecturing them) about the fine line between the imagination and what we beleive to be reality. I then ask them to stand up and reach into their pocket and pass me what they find there. The spectator removes a deck of cards, passes it to me and (you know where it's going) the card they turned over in their imagination is turned over in reality.
It's sounds great in theory, but I am still yet to try this out on real people. What I am scared of is that people will think the I have a stooge. You may have already figured out that I use a 'put-pocketing' technique to get the deck into their pocket whilst they are coming on stage and then I stand away from them leaving them sitting on the chair with 2-3 metres away.
How could I eliminate the thought of the word "Stooge" from my audience's minds? I thought of having a prop that i could throw into the audience (old idea) but what if someone doesn't have the clothing requirments needed? If I just walk through the audience looking for someone witht the right requirements then it looks to fishy.
I'm asking for some ideas on how to pick an audience member. Also, feel free to post some comments, constructive critisism on the presentation itself.
Thanks guys,
Revelation77

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:42 pm 
born to perform.

Anyone?