View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: "Impressers".................
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:24 pm 
Penguin

Lets say you are out to dinner with family or friends or whatever and you want to get people to notice you. Mainly i just sit back and do d'lites or humming bird. This post might be confusing so..........like u go out for pizza and want to impress some ppl waiting to eat or waiting for their food. I only use the 2 i mentioned b4. Im goin to buy some XCM to use. What tricks are the best ice breakers and "impressers" that you just sit and wait for some one to notice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:28 pm 

If you really want to make an impression, take off your clothes and sit there naked. You will probably make a better impression than by showing off with magic gimmicks.

Magic is an art that entertains and mystifies. It is not a replacement for having a personality. Using magic to call attention to yourself makes me wonder if you have a personality or are as bland as watching paint dry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:55 am 
Penguin

lol paddy.

One time when i was sixteen i got my first job working for a construction company. The own put me in this new build house that had just been painted. He told me to watch the paint dry because of the humid air it might thin out and i should call him if it did. I was so grren to work that i had no idea they set me up for an 8 hour prank.

yes i got paid to watch paint dry. so my advice spikyspeed is to go get a job in construction and practice you xcm while the paint drys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:37 pm 
born to perform.

Icebreakers by micheal ammar should suit you. People arent going to turn their heads they are caught up in their own lives you need to call attention to yourself or else yous have done 500 faces of sybil with no one looking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:49 pm 
born to perform.

Haha, that's great Bowhunter. Attention getters definately need to be something flashy, and relatively quick. When I say relatively quick, I just bean don't sit there and begin some long in depth routine. Some XCM works well, D'lites, Hummingbird Card, or something like LDS all work very well. Fire of course is one of the best, but you don't want to be doing fire tricks while waiting for your pizza, they might call the fire department.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:25 pm 
Penguin

get morgans fork bending routine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:54 am 
Penguin

lol i was once doing exactly what you just said waiting for pizza but in a fairly crowded pizza shop with a deck of cards in hand and humming bird card set up.it was great i stared just springing the cards and this guy went wow! really loud and every body turned and looked at me. i then did a hotshot cut and with the card i caught in my hand did humming bird card. every one was amazed. unfortunatley i didnt have time to amaze any more because my pizza came but having every one in that pizza shop amazed for about a minute was still great. just my little experience. humming card works great.

-Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:46 pm 
born to perform.

Get the portable flamethrower - do it outside 0,,o

Post subject: ..
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:46 pm 
Penguin

Maybe Contact juggling is a good way to get attention and impress people...

Post subject: Re: ..
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:54 pm 
born to perform.

lennartdemagier wrote:
Maybe Contact juggling is a good way to get attention and impress people...

the last post was almost a month ago. i doubt the author wil even see this post. and contact would require him to bring balls, which would most likely take up to much room if he was going to a restaurant with his family

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:48 am 
Penguin

One of my favourite opener/ice breakers in restaurants was a trick called "A.M. Ink" which allowed you to draw a radio on a business card, apparently turn the knobs and make it play music like a radio. I usually walked up to a table, picked up the ketchup bottle and twisted the top as if it were an on/off switch, made the music play for a couple of seconds, twisted it back, placed it back on the table and left saying "Just wanted to make sure it was working". Always got a laugh, a double take and kids grabbing for the ketchup bottle.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat