View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: I'd like to get started!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:03 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Posts: 224
hi all,

id like to get started with the resturaunt business..

any good bks u recommend?
any good tricks you recommend?
any tips on how to get tips?
any good tips on how to ask a resturaunt?
and i'm 13 yrs old


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:44 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 108
I thought you wanted to do kids shows, and were going to STUDY until June, and then come back????????

What happened to that???????

Mike


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'd like to get started!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:34 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 227
Location: New England
tsowilson wrote:
hi all,

id like to get started with the resturaunt business..

any good bks u recommend?
any good tricks you recommend?
any tips on how to get tips?
any good tips on how to ask a resturaunt?
and I'm 13 yrs old


You've got to be kidding.

I really hope you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'd like to get started!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:23 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 24 Jan 2003
Posts: 4110
Location: Milford OH
tsowilson wrote:
hi all,

id like to get started with the resturaunt business..

any good bks u recommend?
any good tricks you recommend?
any tips on how to get tips?
any good tips on how to ask a resturaunt?
and I'm 13 yrs old


You have already burned a lot of people who would help you because you asked the same stupid question in Kids Shows. Then you refused to listen when you got advice.

Result, go figure the answers for your self because neither I or anyone whith knowledge will help you again.

Peter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:50 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 08 Dec 2005
Posts: 183
Lol i love how he said he was going to study up and research kid shows and dissapears for a week then comes back asking about restaurant walkaround.. look change your name and come back with a whole new identity!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:32 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Posts: 188
cghardwick wrote:
Lol I love how he said he was going to study up and research kid shows and dissapears for a week then comes back asking about restaurant walkaround.. look change your name and come back with a whole new identity!


no because he'll just piss us off again

look wilson, were going to tell you the same thing, pick up some books and STUDY. Now do it.

And heres my mentalism effect. wilson will disappear for a week and we will see a topic in street magic asking about busking by him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:42 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 02 Oct 2005
Posts: 44
LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:52 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Posts: 121
remeber back in another thread when we gave you advice then you threatend to kick hunt us down or something like that. Why in the edited would anyone help you?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:00 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 08 Dec 2005
Posts: 183
heres my mentalism effect... in a week tso wilson will appear in street magic wanting to BLAINE..no not even busk he'll want to blaine and need advice on how to do that... and well tell him buy a camera crew and leave us alone!

now please bash me for this post because it was not even funny.. sorry

but tsowilson pick up paddys book about the restaurant buisiness i hear its great! plus im sure paddy would love your money in his pocket!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:34 pm 
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Posts: 6448
I take it you have no passion for magic. You're just using it for cash. First you want to do kids shows. You say you're really determined, so we recommend books. Flame us. We keep trying to help you, and eventually, you listen. You say you'd study for a long time. A week later you want to work restaurants? No. Get off the forums, and get out of magic. Seriously. You have no determination to keep at it. Sorry.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:30 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Posts: 373
Location: Vancouver, BC
Magic_Matts wrote:
I take it you have no passion for magic. You're just using it for cash. First you want to do kids shows. You say you're really determined, so we recommend books. Flame us. We keep trying to help you, and eventually, you listen. You say you'd study for a long time. A week later you want to work restaurants? No. Get off the forums, and get out of magic. Seriously. You have no determination to keep at it. Sorry.


Maybe he can try Burger King! I hope a vid would be available (other than store security cameras!)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:21 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 18 Apr 2003
Posts: 1113
Location: Sachse, Texas
Hey, seeing that this is a forum that we are supposed to help other magicians, I'll do my best. The best thing for walkaround is to go to as many restaraunts as you can that feature magicians. Talk to them if you can, watch closely, see what the audience seem to like or dislike. The next step I would say (obviously you won't like this answer) but read all that you can. Then find what tricks work for you, and what tricks don't. You need to make sure that you're not just doing the tricks as well, you're there primarily to entertain, that's a big mistake i'm sure quite a few of us have done at least once. Don't rush into things, because unfortunately, not too many restaraunts take 13 year old magicians too seriously, trust me, I just turned 14. Take those next few years to improve all you can, because the last thing you want to do is perform too early when you're obviously not ready.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:32 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 22 Jan 2005
Posts: 538
Location: South Africa
technofire wrote:
Hey, seeing that this is a forum that we are supposed to help other magicians, I'll do my best. The best thing for walkaround is to go to as many restaraunts as you can that feature magicians. Talk to them if you can, watch closely, see what the audience seem to like or dislike. The next step I would say (obviously you won't like this answer) but read all that you can. Then find what tricks work for you, and what tricks don't. You need to make sure that you're not just doing the tricks as well, you're there primarily to entertain, that's a big mistake I'm sure quite a few of us have done at least once. Don't rush into things, because unfortunately, not too many restaraunts take 13 year old magicians too seriously, trust me, I just turned 14. Take those next few years to improve all you can, because the last thing you want to do is perform too early when you're obviously not ready.


Please Wilson, Listen to what he is saying. Learn how to do restauraunt magic, or kids magic, before you become the magician of that sort.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:41 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Posts: 188
or get a TV camra crew and run around doing magic...knowing TLC they will buy it...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:47 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 08 May 2005
Posts: 190
Rocka89 wrote:
or get a TV camra crew and run around doing magic...knowing TLC they will buy it...


HAHAHA yeah! probably...feel free to edit as much as u need to, im sure they wont care


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.