View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A visual opener
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:39 am 
Penguin

Hi guys,

I need a strong and short visual opener for my restaurant work. Sometimes I've just produced a large number of bills, but the effect is not angle proof.

So dip into your wisdom. All my act is down, I just a little inspiration regarding a quick opener.

Best,

Mikkel

Post subject: here then there
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:59 am 
Penguin

There is a trick called here then there and it was featured on David Blaines Street magic. I would definately try to find that trick because its takes about 15 seconds and it is a very good trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:36 am 
Penguin

i know you wanted a quick opener
but you should consider revalation in spades by Gregory Wilson on his Card Stunts dvd its an amazing card trick where all 13 cards of 1 suit get revealed, its the trick shown on the demo. i use this lots and its great fun to perform for you and for people to watch.

-Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:09 am 
born to perform.

he said restaurant and he said visual for the first response.

A production of something which can be a small routine leading into your next routine is good.

What do you currently do??

Restaurant = you shouldnt use the table epecially not alot of it, only a small amount if you have to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:00 pm 
Penguin

you want something not to brilliant otherwise they tend to lose interest. Thats what i find but for a quick and visual trick i recommend the following :

starry eyed suprise 1 or 2
quick trick
the opener
loops
shotgun aces

I use bee cards so i do shotgun aces. Its not magical but they really get hooked on how did you do that. they think your a master of sleight of hand. By the way here then there is a good trick. you get it from ellusionist.

Good Luck

P.S maybe consider las vegas dice. That is like here then there and it is wuick and very very easy to master

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:15 pm 
Penguin

I say something as simple as a vanishing, and reappearing silk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:46 pm 
born to perform.

Since I don't know restaurants, I don't know if you'd want to use cards as your opener, but I would perform (if you were to perform a card trick as your opener) Bill Malone's "My Favorite Opener."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:26 am 
born to perform.

maybe you guys can figure this one out . I saw a video once of a guy who showed his technique in approching tables ... He light a flash paper , throw it in the air to grab their attention and then started by saying :Im the magician .

I have to admit this has got to be the best first impression you can possibly get ............... no its not lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:03 am 
born to perform.

ravanah wrote:
maybe you guys can figure this one out . I saw a video once of a guy who showed his technique in approching tables ... He light a flash paper , throw it in the air to grab their attention and then started by saying :Im the magician .

I have to admit this has got to be the best first impression you can possibly get ............... no its not lol

Well that would certainly get their attention, but it could also startled them. I've produced a chocolate kiss this way as a quick opener (just as in Greg Wilson's In Action DVD). However, you kind of have to chose wisely when you start off with something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:41 pm 
born to perform.

creecy wrote:
ravanah wrote:

Well that would certainly get their attention, but it could also startled them. I've produced a chocolate kiss this way as a quick opener (just as in Greg Wilson's In Action DVD). However, you kind of have to chose wisely when you start off with something like that.

Yeah ive tried that on a guy who was named ''killer'' with the tatoos and all the stuff .... he liked the kiss though :wink: :P

Post subject: opener
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:39 pm 
Penguin

I've done this one a few times and it does work but it's a little cheesy, this is back when the trick came out, its not too flashy it won't scare anybody but it makes them think, kind of eases them into what you're doing, plus if you start out with the mind blowers then the rest of your act should be as equally or more mind blowing.
I've worn name tags on many occasions, just advertising. I walked up and said, "Hello, how is everybody this evening?" like the manager or something, "My name is....." then i point to my blank name tag and perform "Your name here" by Adam Rubin in which you wave your hand over the blank name tag and your name appears in dry erase. That gets their attention as i tell them i am not their server blah blah. I go through my routine which is usually between 5 and 10 minutes depending on them, you get a feel for this, and when i am ready to end i do a card disappearance in which the card becomes my name tag with my name printed on the back and their signature on the face. They get to keep it. Cheesy i know but it has done wonders for me in the right situations.

Post subject: opener
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:39 pm 
Penguin

I've done this one a few times and it does work but it's a little cheesy, this is back when the trick came out, its not too flashy it won't scare anybody but it makes them think, kind of eases them into what you're doing, plus if you start out with the mind blowers then the rest of your act should be as equally or more mind blowing.
I've worn name tags on many occasions, just advertising. I walked up and said, "Hello, how is everybody this evening?" like the manager or something, "My name is....." then i point to my blank name tag and perform "Your name here" by Adam Rubin in which you wave your hand over the blank name tag and your name appears in dry erase. That gets their attention as i tell them i am not their server blah blah. I go through my routine which is usually between 5 and 10 minutes depending on them, you get a feel for this, and when i am ready to end i do a card disappearance in which the card becomes my name tag with my name printed on the back and their signature on the face. They get to keep it. Cheesy i know but it has done wonders for me in the right situations.

Post subject: BOWLING PIN
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:47 pm 
Penguin

Location: In some sweet limo, with a hot girl *wakes up and cries*
A guy named Michael Mode has a GREAT OPENING TRICK.But I'm not sure he has released it yet. You basicly say "hi I am the magician BLAH BLAH BLAH and I would like to show you some magic............I just got this suitcoat back from the dry cleaners and I think they left a pin in it.

After you say "from the dry cleaners...." you start taking off your suitcoat then you reach inside and produce a REAL, UNGIMMICKED, PERFECTLY NORMAL, EXAMINABLE BOWLING PIN! YES IT EVEN IS BETTER THAN IT SOUNDS and I am told it resets in seconds.

Hope this helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:10 am 
Penguin

Yeah! Thats great! Kind of like the glass of liquid production after taking off the jacket. That pin bit is a great gag. I'm chuckling outloud. "A pin in it"
For a glass of liquid, i keep it in my back pocket. My arms drop to my sides as i let the jacket slide down my arms. I grab the glass and pull it out of the sleeve. Take a sip, place the jacket on the back of a chair and begin your bit.
I'm still chuckling about the pin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:38 pm 

akaaka987 wrote:
I know you wanted a quick opener
but you should consider revalation in spades by Gregory Wilson on his Card Stunts dvd its an amazing card trick where all 13 cards of 1 suit get revealed, its the trick shown on the demo. I use this lots and its great fun to perform for you and for people to watch.

-Chris

Too long. Way too long. It has to be in the range of 5 - 30 seconds max and catch their attention. Not go through a 13 card production. Kiss your tips and excitement goodbye,.