View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I need some trics for a resturaunt
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:10 pm 
Penguin

i may start doing magic at a resturaunt, but i need some tricks to do.

I can already do The Matrix, most basic or intermediate card tricks, and a few coin tricks. I don't know what else i should practice. What are some tricks that are very good for resturaunts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:24 pm 
born to perform.

"tricks" arn't good for restraunts, routines are. I'm sorry but you sound like a very big beginnier. Assuming this, pick up card college volume 1, learn some stuff. Pick up cups and balls and learn some tablehopping routines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:32 pm 
Penguin

i am. and i know that. I need to create a routine, but i need to learn some tricks that are good 4 the routines, also i will be walking around with a friend who is NOT a beginner, and he will be doing most of the magic for the beginning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:59 pm 
born to perform.

If you have a friend that is good, ask him what he wants you to do, sence you're joining his routine.

Post subject: Re: I need some trics for a resturaunt
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:59 am 

destroyerofwallz wrote:
I may start doing magic at a resturaunt, but I need some tricks to do.

I can already do The Matrix, most basic or intermediate card tricks, and a few coin tricks. I don't know what else I should practice. What are some tricks that are very good for resturaunts?

You are not even ready to think about perorming in restaurants yet when you have to ask that.

You also state in a post that you will be "walking around with a friend who is NOT a beginner, and he will be doing most of the magic for the beginning." I question if your "friend" is a magician at all. If he was an experienced magician he would teach you all you need to know so that you would not screw up his reputation.

You sound like a kid with gimmicks so you think you can make some fast money. You can't do that in this business, a bad show will spoil the place from ever having magicians again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:11 pm 
born to perform.

Flipskater1327 wrote:
"tricks" arn't good for restraunts, routines are. I'm sorry but you sound like a very big beginnier. Assuming this, pick up card college volume 1, learn some stuff. Pick up cups and balls and learn some tablehopping routines.

joined April 2006...my guess is he is a beginner or just never got on here before

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:43 pm 
Penguin

Well since everyone just wants to tell him he is not ready for restauraunts and not give actual advice I will:

1.) get tricks that are instantly resetable
2.) small items that play big = in other words things that are small, quick, and to the point
3.) items that a varied age group can understand.... from kids to adults
4.) items that you can fit into your pockets and don't take up much space
5.) tricks that make you only at the table for about 3 minutes

There are some more but I will start with that and hopefully some more restauraunt workers can add in.....
Good Luck
Brian Styles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:54 pm 
born to perform.

ok i would get, the closer, color monte, and then get a book with different tricks in it u can do with a regular deck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:30 pm 
Penguin

i agree with everyone else.. you are not ready! that is not a bad thing though.. it just means you have to practice and work really hard so you can get where you want to be.. I wish you luck on your journey!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:22 am 
Penguin

b'wave by goldstiene, not the brainwave deck but thats good to. I use the B'wave almost at EVERY table i go to.

Get you double lifts down and you can entertain for 10 mins if you use your imagination.

buble suprise

tt

scotch an soda

big cohones helps if your just getting into rest magic, it really got me my 5 resturants

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:59 pm 
born to perform.

xmas wrote:
I agree with everyone else.. you are not ready! that is not a bad thing though.. it just means you have to practice and work really hard so you can get where you want to be.. I wish you luck on your journey!

true, but sometimes people dont nkow if they are ready untill they accually do 1 show or a walkaround 1 time and watch the reactions they get...because even i dont know if im ready until i show people the tricks and just go by the reactions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:28 pm 
born to perform.

i disagree with S and S because it takes a while to reset. I'd try cups and balls, non gimmick, TT, kinda non gimmicked, more of a prop, and a deck of cards, stick to gimmick free stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:55 pm 
Penguin

I like s and s but i reset while traveling between tables but i dont do it at every table, the other reason i like it...when it is a um full 1 piece then i do vanishes with it. saves room and i dont need to carry extra coins

cups and balls ive tried and anything you do that uses the table is ify at best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:51 pm 
Penguin

does not sound like your ready just yet, but the best thing for walkaround /table magic i think is the 3 ring circus it gets good reactions and you can come up with some good routines with it. also if you want to learn good impromtu magic you should on the spot gregory wilson.

timjoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:14 pm 
born to perform.

timjoy wrote:
does not sound like your ready just yet, but the best thing for walkaround /table magic I think is the 3 ring circus it gets good reactions and you can come up with some good routines with it. also if you want to learn good impromtu magic you should on the spot gregory wilson.

timjoy

No offense to Greg Wilson, I mean that's an awesome DVD with some great effects on it, but no respectable restaurant magician will perform any of those effects for table-hopping. They're fine for everyday, but they certainly do not make you look like a professional.