View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: few qustions
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:00 am 
Penguin

edited my name is dima and i am very new at the restaurant magic bussiness and i have a few questions

1 first of all almost my knowledge about restaurant magic is from this forum
so i am looking for books about the subject(i am more intresting on stuff such as audience managment\control and things that i shouldnt do or do in a reataurant then what tricks to preform) anyt suggestions???

2 i heard here that its not a good idea to use the table for tricks at the restaurant...do u ever break this rule cause i sometimes use the table for my tricks(not much)...i also heard that some restaurant magicians bring a little table with them-what do u think about that?

some magicians says that they are preforming the same few tricks over and over again and that's not good to preform many different tricks-i tried that but what about the "regular custumers" that already saw your best tricks...i feel that i have to combine many tricks and wanted to hear what you guys think about that!

thanks,
dima

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:15 am 
born to perform.

the art of krowd keeping by gazzo has some tips on audience control.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1158

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:23 pm 
Penguin

thanks

anybody else?

Post subject: Re: few qustions
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:18 am 
born to perform.

dimazabuta wrote:

1 first of all almost my knowledge about restaurant magic is from this forum
so I am looking for books about the subject(I am more intresting on stuff such as audience managment\control and things that I shouldnt do or do in a reataurant then what tricks to preform) anyt suggestions???
Try Jim Pace's guide to restaurant magic. Can't help you on where to find it though. (Try Ebay perhaps)

2 I heard here that its not a good idea to use the table for tricks at the restaurant...do u ever break this rule cause I sometimes use the table for my tricks(not much)...I also heard that some restaurant magicians bring a little table with them-what do u think about that?
I think it's perfectly fine to use a little table space, but not too much. IMO, Cups and balls takes too much space in a restaurant situation. You should be fine with using the table to spread out cards and such.

some magicians says that they are preforming the same few tricks over and over again and that's not good to preform many different tricks-I tried that but what about the "regular custumers" that already saw your best tricks...I feel that I have to combine many tricks and wanted to hear what you guys think about that!
I would be able to perform a trick they have'nt seen before, because you should have some tricks you can do with cards are coins that aren't in your routines.