View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Managers At work.
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:36 pm 
Penguin

Some of my Managers at work have asked me to On my off days or when its slow to go to Food court and just go out and entertain people so i can get confidence with myself. They know I am getting into it and want to help me. Think this a Good idea? I can do a few stuff and stop whenever I want. I Can do a few good card stuff and coin off top of head. I can also do thumbtip and spongeballs I would say for a closeup type deal. What do you think? I keep Tips.

Also if i accept, What do i do if Kids(my job has LOTS) follow me around just wanting to See more and more?

Post subject: Re: Managers At work.
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:46 am 
born to perform.

reminis16 wrote:
Some of my Managers at work have asked me to On my off days or when its slow to go to Food court and just go out and entertain people so I can get confidence with myself. They know I am getting into it and want to help me. Think this a Good idea? I can do a few stuff and stop whenever I want. I Can do a few good card stuff and coin off top of head. I can also do thumbtip and spongeballs I would say for a closeup type deal. What do you think? I keep Tips.

Also if I accept, What do I do if Kids(my job has LOTS) follow me around just wanting to See more and more?

I'm assuming you work in a mall or something. You shouldn't have kids following you around...at least, not if these kids have good parents. But if you are talking about older kids (pre-teens), then I guess they could have the freedom to follow you around...but that would still be a little weird. But if you do have that issue, then like you said, you can stop whenever you want. It's not a bad idea to build your confidence and ability to approach and interact with total strangers. However, I wouldn't do it because your managers ask you to. I don't think I would even do it at the same mall, if that is what it is. Also, don't do any tricks that you have not perfected. Don't expect tips. It probably will not happen in that environment.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:55 pm 
Penguin

creecy wrote:
reminis16 wrote:
Some of my Managers at work have asked me to On my off days or when its slow to go to Food court and just go out and entertain people so I can get confidence with myself. They know I am getting into it and want to help me. Think this a Good idea? I can do a few stuff and stop whenever I want. I Can do a few good card stuff and coin off top of head. I can also do thumbtip and spongeballs I would say for a closeup type deal. What do you think? I keep Tips.

Also if I accept, What do I do if Kids(my job has LOTS) follow me around just wanting to See more and more?

I'm assuming you work in a mall or something. You shouldn't have kids following you around...at least, not if these kids have good parents. But if you are talking about older kids (pre-teens), then I guess they could have the freedom to follow you around...but that would still be a little weird. But if you do have that issue, then like you said, you can stop whenever you want. It's not a bad idea to build your confidence and ability to approach and interact with total strangers. However, I wouldn't do it because your managers ask you to. I don't think I would even do it at the same mall, if that is what it is. Also, don't do any tricks that you have not perfected. Don't expect tips. It probably will not happen in that environment.

Its a Nickelodeon based HOTEL and there is kids around. There is Arcades, food court, Resaurant, Face painting, balloon twisiting, hair braiding etc.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:46 am 
born to perform.

reminis16 wrote:
Its a Nickelodeon based HOTEL and there is kids around. There is Arcades, food court, Resaurant, Face painting, balloon twisiting, hair braiding etc.

I'll bet the Face painters, balloon twisters, and hair braiders get paid in some way. I'd still say to go to local mall and do it for them instead. Too many kids where you are. You'll run out of walk-around effects quickly.