View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My routine (yeah another one lol)
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:05 pm 
born to perform.

Hey guys , i was browsing thru old topics and i found some interesting routines from other members .

Heres A IDEA of routine ... Again , im starting to build it up and will practice it to make sure that pater follows thru smothly . I intent in trying to find my first restaurant for a part time magician job ... So here goes

I am chosing effects that are Visual , direct and fun to watch/do (and no coin across does not fall in that category , although i saw jay sankey and gregory wilson perform something interesting with this :wink: ) . Remember , just a couple of ideas and am hoping that some of you will help me complete my routines with your ideas soi can test them out for myself ..

Invisible Deck (yeah its cheesy but so good for laymens)
Ambitious card
Torn (depending on angles)
Colour changes
Sponge balls (hey , would be my first time but im ready for anything heh heh)
Baloon animals (for thoses darn kids :wink: )
Immaculate connection
Las vegas leaper (always fun to do)
Impossible (self working trick , but not sure good for restaurants since you need a table and i will try to keep everything in the hands)
Card in the hand (Card colelge 1 , one of the simplest yet best tricks I do , people go crazy)
Back in time (triumph effect by jay sankey , simple with a kicker ending)

Theres a lot more but im out of ideas now (im writting all the stuff in my small book but its 11 pm and dont feel like digging it out :wink: )

What effects are killer in restaurants (and no , mouth coils , needle thru arm , finger choper falls in soup , are not in my choices) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:43 pm 
Penguin

this routine is too damm long!
you shold do like 7-10 mins per table, this would take hours.
back in time isn't a good ending effect. as i see it, you should do 3 tricks - something visual without the audience (like a production of some item), then something fun with the audience (like back in time), then a closer with a giant climex in the end (i use chop cup).

baloons? come on :S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:16 am 
born to perform.

Ill be dividing my routine (i posted the effects i was planning to do , i won spend 50 minutes per table) Back in time gets great reactions , someone picks a card , you lose it , mis the cards face up and face down and show them the top card wichc isint theres , they then wave the top card and all the back re-arrange itself and they are left with their card in their hand .... 2 effects in one and easy to do ( the best triumph routine i saw so far)

I will limit my routine to only 2-3 tricks but i want to prepare 4-5 different routine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:48 am 
Penguin

it's a good idea having diffrent routines when working.
i like back in time, but it's not THAT strong, not as a cloer.

when i do table hopping, i dont like to use cards for openers.
doing the "ring leader" routine goes great for me, it's one of the best routines gregory willson ever published. it's fast, direct and simple - just like magic should be. in tricks like "back in time" and many others, it takes a few minutes to get to the first climex. as an opener, douring this time the audience is getting bored.
an opener should be fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:06 am 
born to perform.

Yeah i admit that i wouldnt use this as opener or clsoer but more in the middle . Since it would give me time to learn to know the people i perform for (little chit chat)

I also think ring leader looks great and consider in getting it soon . I posted a thread in the general section of penguin where it asks people what effects/books/dvd i should get . I think ring leader would be perfect since its not with cards and very visual and looks fun to do