View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:03 am 
born to perform.

craig161 wrote:
Thank you, at least there is someone round here who knows how to give advice. I just get bored of doing the same thing again and again.
I used ieSpell did I spell "again" right?

Yes, you did spell "again" correctly. Shame about the rest of it. If English isn't your first language we'll forgive you, but either way you need to start using sentences properly. When you have written your post, check back to make sure it makes sense. Occasional typos are fine, but it looks like you haven't made an effort. Why do people have a go at your spelling rather than answer your post? Because it is reasonable to expect a professional to be literate, and you are talking about doing restaurant work. We are forced to assume that you are still at school and not doing particularly well. Therefore you would not make a good restaurant magician.

If English is not your first language, fair enough. Please do at least capitalise the first letter of each sentence and use a full stop, it makes it much more readable.

Finally, if you are 'bored' with card magic, you obviously either aren't doing the right sort of card magic, or are very fickle. Neither bodes well. What resources are you using?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:26 pm 
born to perform.

Look, I have never seen (or even heard of) a magician (in any area of magic) that doesn't like card magic. I carry around two decks everywhere I go...

However, that doesn't mean that you can't be a minority... I would advise you to look over a few books like maybe card college or Royal Road, then see if you still don't like card magic.

If you truly don't, then I would say Restaurant magic is not your thing. I would look at what you like best in magic. Saying that you don't like cards, spongeballs etc rules you out of a lot of magic. Try rope or go with spongeballs again. Mentalism, stage etc, Find what suits you...

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:14 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
perhaps what you need are black tigers.

buy them, then your card magic will be more interesting.

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:14 pm 
born to perform.

Craig, If you did somehow get a snowballs chance at a restaurant gig and you submitted your contract that appeared as if a four year old wrote it..you could kiss that gig bye bye.
You talk and spell like a genuine idiot.

Post subject: Re: '
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:55 pm 
born to perform.

sluggo wrote:
Craig, If you did somehow get a snowballs chance at a restaurant gig and you submitted your contract that appeared as if a four year old wrote it..you could kiss that gig bye bye.
You talk and spell like a genuine idiot.

Craig has already admitted that his spelling needs work. He still has yet to tell us if English is his first language. I really do not see any point in re-fueling the fire, sluggo. Perhaps you have some suggestions for craig161 about what other types of effects he can perform in Restaurants..."not cards". After all, we are all in the Brotherhood and/ Sisterhood of Magic...let's help each other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:31 pm 
born to perform.

bLiNdSiDe wrote:
craig161 wrote:
cards are only rubbish coz im bored of them
its just evry post I put out people complain about the spelling
I got a spell check to stop them moaning and they still do

Craig, I honestly believe that your Spell Check is not working properly, as you have misspelled, again. However, I'm not here to condemn you for those mistakes.

Twice you have posted that you are bored of cards. If you truly want to work in Restaurants, you need to be excited about every phase of Magic you perform. Otherwise, (sadly) your boredom will no doubt be evident to your audience.

Landing a walk-around gig at a restaurant, is an honor and a blessing. I urge you to rethink your outlook on Card Magic. At the same time, be humble to accept criticism.

As for alternatives to your list, I can think of many:

1. Ropes
2. Silks
3. Mentalism
4. Finger Rings

The list goes on and on...You will need to do your own research to find out what you like best. We can't spoon feed you. Pick something that you can get "into", practice well and perform your magic with confidence and with the deserved respect, it requires. Only then...will you, shine.

I would have said exactly what he said.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thats good advice use it.
Use it,

Sean

P.s. Good advice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:04 am 
Penguin

Yes English is my first language but I'm dyslexic.
Iv left school and i already do restaurant work.
I usually wright in text language.
Iv got royal road on book and DVD.
I don't need to learn any more moves or tricks with cards
Iv got black tiggers and vipers and ghost and ones you can see threw

oh thanks blindside

cheers
Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:07 am 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
craig161 wrote:
I'm dyslexic.

a friend of mine was a dyslexic philosopher.

whenever he couldn't sleep he would call me and we would debate whether there was a Dog or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:58 am 
born to perform.

craig161 wrote:
Yes English is my first language but I'm dyslexic. Okay, I accept that...
Iv left school and I already do restaurant work. You do retaurant work? Me thinks not...
I usually wright in text language. Learn proper english then...
Iv got royal road on book and DVD. Good for you
I don't need to learn any more moves or tricks with cards Now wait a minute...
Iv got black tiggers and vipers and ghost and ones you can see threw

You do not need to know any more moves or sleights? are you crazy? No person in this world knows every single sleight/move/tricks with cards...

If you do not like cards, go see the other types of magic blindside suggested...

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:54 pm 
Penguin

i didn't say i know every slight or move
and i do like cards but for now I'm a bit bored of them and i need a break from them for about three months. I bet you i will be desperate for cards in three months and it will be all back to normal

cheers
Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:21 pm 
Penguin

craig161 wrote:
thank you at least there is some one round here knows how to give advice I just get board of doing the same thing again and again
I use ieSpell did I spell again right

craig shut up...i am normally not mean but the fact is you are an immature punk who dosnt know anything about anything. The reason know one gives you any advice is because you eliminated the top two feilds of magic coins and cards. Sponge balls are also huge in the restraunt feild. basically you want us to give you a routine useing gimmicks because you are incapable of the basic sleights used in coin, card, or sponge ball routines for that matter. mabey you will get some good advice if you grow up, and respect your elder and professional magicians like paddy.

you want advice here it is Learn to some actuall sleight of hand instead of bashing coins and cards because you dont know how to do anything with them.
If i walked into a restraunt with my pockets full of gimmicked crap i would run out of material in 10 seconds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:37 am 
Penguin

i dint need to learn slights i know tons and tons of them i could right five books on them
so take your head out of your [edited] and you shut up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:40 am 
born to perform.

craig161 wrote:
I dint need to learn slights I know tons and tons of them I could right five books on them

Wow, that was poetic.

I'm sure your books would make good reading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:10 pm 

craig161 wrote:
I dint need to learn slights I know tons and tons of them I could right five books on them

Sure you could WRITE books. You don't know how to capitalize or punctuate. From this post I would have to believe that you are barely literate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:18 pm 

craig161 wrote:

I guess that insult is a demonstration of the "slights" you know tons and tons of?

:-)

Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary:

Main Entry: slight
Function: transitive verb
1 : to treat as slight or unimportant : make light of
2 : to treat with disdain or indifference <slight a guest>

Last edited by balducci on Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.