View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: what are the best tricks for restaurant magic???
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:35 pm 
born to perform.

well...the topic is my question....what are the best tricks for restaurant magic...im assuming you need tricks that appeal to everyone...grownups....teens..and even little kids.....but what tricks are best for all age groups????and for restaurant magic..should i go with hot rod...or rabbit paddle..or both???,,and also.....what tricks are appropaite for restraunt walk around..im assumiong b-2 bomber isnt trick you want to bring!!!!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: what are the best tricks for restaurant magic???
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:58 pm 
born to perform.

Guardian452 wrote:
well...the topic is my question....what are the best tricks for restaurant magic...im assuming you need tricks that appeal to everyone...grownups....teens..and even little kids.....but what tricks are best for all age groups????and for restaurant magic..should I go with hot rod...or rabbit paddle..or both???,,and also.....what tricks are appropaite for restraunt walk around..im assumiong b-2 bomber isnt trick you want to bring!!!!!!!!!

There are many effects that are great for restaurants. B-2 Bomber packs small and though you won't use it at evey table, some sort of pen through dollar is a must have. It packs small and won't weigh you down. I've said some of this before. Use some sponge balls or rabbits. TT. Brown paper lunch bag. You'll have to figure that one out yourself. Great effect though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:07 pm 
born to perform.

ok..thanks...that helps alot..ill buy that stuff asap!!!!!!!!!n you rock!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:06 pm 
born to perform.

If you want better tips, do effects with their money. It helps.

Justin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:52 pm 
born to perform.

ok..that makes sense sinec it'll make more of an impact since its THIER money right??? anyway.....applebees where i wanted to work at said........no... so that sucks....but now im going to try a diffrent place later...like in the school year...thanks for your cheer ups in advance...lol....just kidding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:54 am 
born to perform.

I mean like....its Restaurant Walkaround. Wouldn't Power Lunch be like perfect? Fadeout, Presto Printo, Spun? Sponge Balls of somesort. Back me up. Tell me what you think!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:12 pm 
Penguin

try doing a search their are many threads of advice on this topic, tons I have posted a full tutorial in many threads just like this so just use the search button.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:11 pm 

Just what we need, a new kid, still in school, that knows a gimmick or two going out and embarrassing himself in restaurants. That way he burns the restaurants for real magicians.

This is the kid who thinks that showing off (he calls it guerrilla magic) is the same as street magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:04 am 
born to perform.

WHY ARE YOU SUCH A [edited] YOU FREACKING IDIOT!!!!! go to wikipedia.com and look type in street magic and look at the second definition smart [edited]!!!!!! and where the edited are you getting showing off????..now we have some kid whos name is paddy here embarresinng himself because he is to stupid to look it up and is to arogant to think about doing that

SO SHUT UP AND LEAVE ME BE AND DO SOME RESEARCH [edited]!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:43 am 
born to perform.

Location: Location Location... Always the most important thing
Some good restuarant effects are Slow Burn by Richard Sanders, and if your doing a stand up show in their, Vanishing Ketchup is excellent. Their are a bunch of great effects to do in Restuarants. Go through different magic shops, local in San Diego, or on the internet, and check out different effects. You'll know which one to get when you see it. I know that their is an excellent magic shop in San Diego, so check that place out if you havent already, and ask the owner some of his reccomendations...

Best of luck in your future,
-magicman135

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:10 am 
born to perform.

thank you very much you are a relief than being annoyed and just proving "people" wrong or trying to stae the obvious to "people"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:13 am 
born to perform.

Location: Location Location... Always the most important thing
Guardian452 wrote:
thank you very much you are a relief than being annoyed and just proving "people" wrong or trying to stae the obvious to "people"

Your welcome. Dont worry about that whole concept on forums.

I also forgot to mention these effects for restuarant...
-Airborne *Floating Glass*
-Cesaral's Dancing Hank. Read my review in the Review Section...

Last edited by MagicMan135 on Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:52 am 
born to perform.

ok..ill look those up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:07 pm 
born to perform.

Guardian452 wrote:
WHY ARE YOU SUCH A [edited] YOU FREACKING IDIOT!!!!! go to wikipedia.com and look type in street magic and look at the second definition smart [edited]!!!!!! and where the edited are you getting showing off????..now we have some kid whos name is paddy here embarresinng himself because he is to stupid to look it up and is to arogant to think about doing that

SO SHUT UP AND LEAVE ME BE AND DO SOME RESEARCH [edited]!!!!!

If you bothered to "DO SOME RESEARCH" you wouldn't have to post here asking for "the best restaurant tricks." :roll:

Read the books on restaurant performing written by Kirk Charles or Jim Pace; track down some copies of "The Magic Menu" (hey...I'll even sell you my bound collection of Years Six Through Ten). I understand that that is much more work than fishing in a forum, but it will be worth it if you are serious about restaurant performing. By the time you finish the requisite research and subsequent work, you should be old enough to actually work in a restaurant, too...which could come in handy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:43 pm 
born to perform.

cafeinator...i did research for my other topic....not this one...and i also have limited time online..and im usually swamped with email so i dont hvae tha much time to do the other research for my other threads..i like my read this... topic..i wrote it and im proud and i did research on that to make sure i got (pretty much) the right info