View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:28 pm 
Penguin

No sweat Ari.
I've had tables like that to. I don't think to that extream.
I've had people tell me no because magic is offensive to them and their culture. I said thank you any ways, I understand and offered balloon animals for the kids.

I would feel real akward if they just sat there and stared at me. Like man did I just not speak english?
But if presented with that situation I would probally just excuse my self and go off looking for a table with people that have a pulse :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:20 am 
Penguin

haha good points. Thanks guys. Please keep em comming if you have anymore advice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:07 pm 
Penguin

No matter what you do to some people , they just wont respond for some reason or other,Just respect their wishes and MOVE ON to another table, find someone who enjoys seeing magic, There are too many people in the world to have some idiots ruin your night

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:03 pm 
Penguin

magicdude84 wrote:
When people aren't sure if they want to see magic, I generally offer to show 1 effect and they can then see more if they want or I can not, it's up to them. It's hard for me to understand exactly what the problem is because all you really said was "Tonight I had a table that just didn't respond." that could mean a number of things, you might want to get into more detail about how they reacted. It could have meant that they didn't know how to respond because they've never had a stranger come up to them and ask them to see magic during dinner. I know if a stranger walked up to me and asked if they could entertain me, I'd hesitate.

magicdude this is a great post!

I am gonna ellaborate a bit more. people often act strangly twards the magician because they dont know how else to respond. I mean if you think about it its kind of a strange request hey can I show you some MAGIC!!! well any way the best way to deal with this is just how magic dude said give them a breif demo so 99% of the time they will immidiatly get use to you and start acting less cold. but in the case of the other 1% they usually are not interested in seeing anything and you should probably book it, one or two tricks into your routine. its usually better to avoid these tables all togeather. there are some simple signs that will help you know if a table or group actually wants to see magic.

signs:
1. if they are dressed nicly and talking buisness you can probably bet they dont want to be inturrupted. inless they request it.
2.if they are having a long conversation and not laughing or joking at all thats another sure fire sign.

you usually want to look for people who seem to be enjoying them selves, before the meal not people in the middle of there meal, or people who are having a serious talk. obviously you wont always know if somone does or does not want to see magic, so somtimes its polite to ask if they seem to be talking about somthing serious, say somthing simple like might i interupt for a minute? somthing along those lines.

good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:23 pm 
Penguin

like others have said maybe they didnt want to see magic. Just ask them if they would like to see something quickly. dont do a whole show, do a good trick like pen thru dollar and then say "have a nice day"