View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Impressed some Turks at a Ramadan party ^_^
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:37 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 667
So my second cousin took me to a Ramadan feast. The dim lighting and scattered small groups of people was perfect.

I went around doing some 2 dollar window tricks, levitating card [with homeade plastic gimmick], ambitious cards, melting cards [where one visibly drops through another], and coin manipulation.

Most everyone was rather impressed and I heard many a "HOW DID YOU DO THAT" in thick accents. Ha.

I still get nervous when approaching strangers in public though.

:S


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:50 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 60
sounds fun good job 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:55 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 667
Thank you ^_^


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:58 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 3193
Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
I would do gospel magic for the people at the Ramadan parties.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:00 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1549
Location: In a galaxy somewhere in the vicinity of Betelguese 5
SmokingMonkey wrote:
I would do gospel magic for the people at the Ramadan parties.


Now that's funny!

Like serving ham at a kosher wedding.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:04 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 24 Jan 2003
Posts: 4110
Location: Milford OH
This is a very rare thing for me to say, however, I would refuse to perform at a Ramadan event. Don't care how much it would cost me but I would turn it down


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:08 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 04 Jul 2004
Posts: 701
Why?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:35 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 667
paddy wrote:
This is a very rare thing for me to say, however, I would refuse to perform at a Ramadan event. Don't care how much it would cost me but I would turn it down


I'm an atheist, I feel that all religons are ideas concocted by man; so I do not prefer any religon over another whatsoever


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:42 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 08 Dec 2003
Posts: 1709
MadNuke, I too am an athiest, and I never had a religion.

I thought about becoming Buddhist, and even researched it for a while, but I never totally got into it. I still hang Buddhist prayer flags, and collect Laughing Buddha statues and the like.

You should research Buddhism simply because it is so interesting and it seems to be the most reasonable religion because there is no church to go to or any bible to read. You simply try to find enlightenment.

Anyway, I'm not trying to convert you or anything. I just thought you should check it out because it is pretty interesting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:50 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 667
cameronb wrote:
What the edited Anerpeshja?!

Anyway, MadNuke, I too am an athiest, and I never had a religion.

I thought about becoming Buddhist, and even researched it for a while, but I never totally got into it. I still hang Buddhist prayer flags, and collect Laughing Buddha statues and the like.

You should research Buddhism simply because it is so interesting and it seems to be the most reasonable religion because there is no church to go to or any bible to read. You simply try to find enlightenment.

Anyway, I'm not trying to convert you or anything. I just thought you should check it out because it is pretty interesting.


I've was Buddhist for about six months when I was fourteen; it's an absolutely fantastic religion. I eventually stopped because I simply couldn't get into the spiritual, supernatural, reincarnation, etc. stuff.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:52 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 3193
Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
MadNuke wrote:
I've was Buddhist for about six months when I was fourteen; it's an absolutely fantastic religion. I eventually stopped because I simply couldn't get into the spiritual, supernatural, reincarnation, etc. stuff.


How exactly were you a Buddhist if you "simply couldn't get into the spiritual, supernatural, reincarnation, etc. stuff"?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:43 am 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 24 Jun 2006
Posts: 6622
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
MadNuke- I have to agree with SmokingMonkey here. How can you claim to be a Buddhist, yet not believe what it teaches? That would be like me claiming to be a Christian, but not believe in Jesus. It really doesn't work.

In my opinion, Buddhism isn't a religion. I've never really considered it a religion, however, I do follow the teachings.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:25 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 667
fallingblood wrote:
MadNuke- I have to agree with SmokingMonkey here. How can you claim to be a Buddhist, yet not believe what it teaches? That would be like me claiming to be a Christian, but not believe in Jesus. It really doesn't work.

In my opinion, Buddhism isn't a religion. I've never really considered it a religion, however, I do follow the teachings.


Well, the more I delved into the beliefs of Buddhists, the more my logical, secular side took over.

I do follow the teachings as well; they never fail to make me content with my life.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.