View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Impressed some Turks at a Ramadan party ^_^
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:37 pm 
born to perform.

So my second cousin took me to a Ramadan feast. The dim lighting and scattered small groups of people was perfect.

I went around doing some 2 dollar window tricks, levitating card [with homeade plastic gimmick], ambitious cards, melting cards [where one visibly drops through another], and coin manipulation.

Most everyone was rather impressed and I heard many a "HOW DID YOU DO THAT" in thick accents. Ha.

I still get nervous when approaching strangers in public though.

:S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:50 pm 
Penguin

sounds fun good job 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:55 pm 
born to perform.

Thank you ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:58 am 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
I would do gospel magic for the people at the Ramadan parties.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:00 pm 
born to perform.

Location: In a galaxy somewhere in the vicinity of Betelguese 5
SmokingMonkey wrote:
I would do gospel magic for the people at the Ramadan parties.

Now that's funny!

Like serving ham at a kosher wedding.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:04 pm 

This is a very rare thing for me to say, however, I would refuse to perform at a Ramadan event. Don't care how much it would cost me but I would turn it down

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:08 pm 
born to perform.

Why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:35 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
This is a very rare thing for me to say, however, I would refuse to perform at a Ramadan event. Don't care how much it would cost me but I would turn it down

I'm an atheist, I feel that all religons are ideas concocted by man; so I do not prefer any religon over another whatsoever

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:42 pm 
born to perform.

MadNuke, I too am an athiest, and I never had a religion.

I thought about becoming Buddhist, and even researched it for a while, but I never totally got into it. I still hang Buddhist prayer flags, and collect Laughing Buddha statues and the like.

You should research Buddhism simply because it is so interesting and it seems to be the most reasonable religion because there is no church to go to or any bible to read. You simply try to find enlightenment.

Anyway, I'm not trying to convert you or anything. I just thought you should check it out because it is pretty interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:50 am 
born to perform.

cameronb wrote:
What the edited Anerpeshja?!

Anyway, MadNuke, I too am an athiest, and I never had a religion.

I thought about becoming Buddhist, and even researched it for a while, but I never totally got into it. I still hang Buddhist prayer flags, and collect Laughing Buddha statues and the like.

You should research Buddhism simply because it is so interesting and it seems to be the most reasonable religion because there is no church to go to or any bible to read. You simply try to find enlightenment.

Anyway, I'm not trying to convert you or anything. I just thought you should check it out because it is pretty interesting.

I've was Buddhist for about six months when I was fourteen; it's an absolutely fantastic religion. I eventually stopped because I simply couldn't get into the spiritual, supernatural, reincarnation, etc. stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:52 am 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
MadNuke wrote:
I've was Buddhist for about six months when I was fourteen; it's an absolutely fantastic religion. I eventually stopped because I simply couldn't get into the spiritual, supernatural, reincarnation, etc. stuff.

How exactly were you a Buddhist if you "simply couldn't get into the spiritual, supernatural, reincarnation, etc. stuff"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:43 am 
Emperor Penguin

MadNuke- I have to agree with SmokingMonkey here. How can you claim to be a Buddhist, yet not believe what it teaches? That would be like me claiming to be a Christian, but not believe in Jesus. It really doesn't work.

In my opinion, Buddhism isn't a religion. I've never really considered it a religion, however, I do follow the teachings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:25 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
MadNuke- I have to agree with SmokingMonkey here. How can you claim to be a Buddhist, yet not believe what it teaches? That would be like me claiming to be a Christian, but not believe in Jesus. It really doesn't work.

In my opinion, Buddhism isn't a religion. I've never really considered it a religion, however, I do follow the teachings.

Well, the more I delved into the beliefs of Buddhists, the more my logical, secular side took over.

I do follow the teachings as well; they never fail to make me content with my life.