View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Exact Restaurant routine.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:17 pm 
Penguin

Here is a thread that you can write your actual restaurant table hopping routines...I'm going to try to start table hopping this summer so I don't have any exact routine set up but i'm looking for some help ...Instead of advice I figured people could just post their routines and I could go from there.. So post your table hopping routines...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:22 pm 
Penguin

NO. I have developed my routine to fit ME and my personality. I don't know you, will never meet you so how can I know what will work for you.

I do know that the impression I get of you is that you will never make it as a magician. The reason is pure laziness on your part. Instead of trying to develop YOUR routine you ask us to give you our so you can steal it without working. Sorry, do the work, then try to perform.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:23 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Sounds like you want to steal someone elses routine. I would recommend no one posting their exact routine, since some one is bound to steal it. There are many people that arent creative enough or just lazy, and would rather take others.

So take advice and read some books, and come up with your own.

find something that works for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:38 pm 
Penguin

Ok, first of all, you're getting the wrong impression....I don't want to steal anyones routine, I have a routine alreadybut I haven't tested it out in a working atmosphere. I don't want to steal anyones routines I just wanted to start a thread, just like a post your favorite trick thread...It's not to steal anything...And I put alot of time, practise , and most of all passion into my magic regardless if it's for a group of 10 magicians or a 10 year old lay person...I love what I do and don't need to steal anyones magic to make me feel that what I do is right . It is all a big misunderstanding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:08 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
Magic_Maxwell wrote:
I love what I do and don't need to steal anyones magic to make me feel that what I do is right . It is all a big misunderstanding.

Ok, I believe you. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:19 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
Ok, I believe you.

This is exactly why alot of people hate penguin...you must have a decent amount of posts before anyone will take you seriously, I have over 800 posts on my other ID which I no longer used since I moved away to University and got a new IP Address. I just felt like changing my name as the first one was immature because I made it 3 years ago...

I'm just asking for your opinions and what you do in restaurants...if you say that it varies then your not a good restaurant performer...I only posted this because I realize you should have an extremely structured routine before you even think of starting restaurant magic as a profession. Maybe I'll have to wait for Paddy to respond as he is respectful regardless of posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:44 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
Magic_Maxwell wrote:
Quote:
Ok, I believe you.

Maybe I'll have to wait for Paddy to respond as he is respectful regardless of posts.

Paddy has responded.

Magic_Maxwell wrote:
you must have a decent amount of posts before anyone will take you seriously.

No, you just have to post intelligently. For example avoid contradicting yourself as in the followign examples:
        Magic_Maxwell wrote:
        I don't have any exact routine set up but I'm looking for some help

Magic_Maxwell wrote:
        I have a routine already but I haven't tested it out

In conclusion, I would recommend buying a card wallet.
They are perfect for restaurant work.

And they're only 99 cents.

90 cents with the 10% discount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:35 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I don't think you have to have an exact routine to be a good resturaunt performer. My routine varies depending on my mood and my audience. I know the effects I will do. I know how I will start. Other then that, I just let it happen. Some magicians may not like doing that, but it works great for me.

Oh, and post count really doesn't matter. If you post stupid things, you will get sarcastic comments back, or no help at all. If you post helpful things, then you really don't have to worry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:10 pm 
Penguin

I didn't post anything stupid, I made a legitimate post....As for the contradicting statements....I have a routine which I haven't tryed out in an actual job situation so I'm not going to say it is structured until I see if it has worked....I've seen alot of people over the past 3 years on here that just post what Is a good trick? And it's their first post...

That may be why post count leads to stereotypical magic noobs but that may not be true. There are other variable involved...I'm experianced, not professionaly but I do alot of free shows and talent shows etc .

I'm looking to take it up as a profession to help pay through University and also because I have a deep passion for magic and wouldn't mind doing it for a living if the chance was offered.

I'm not asking you to respong negatively or critisize me based on not searching because I've read pretty much every topic on Restaurant routines, atmosphere, how to make money, what to do and what not to do and have listened with an open mind to what Peter has to say.

If you still think I'm not sincere in this post then by all means don't read it and don't take part in it. I'm looking for some genuine experianced magicians feedback on what works in a family restaurant atmosphere...What tricks they've done that hasn't worked out and which ones have. This is not to say I will steal that trick. It is out there for every one to buy but I'm just looking for advice...I don't plan on buying anything new for my act as I have 100's of tricks to work with on my plate already ... If you're still reading this and feel like helping me out then Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:11 pm 
Penguin

Hey Max,
For table hopping my routines are set up by the effect them selves. I break my performace of all my effects down like so.
*Target group- Is it a kids trick, adults, girls or boys. This took alot of trial and error to find who responded most to certain tricks and its still not 100 percent
*Time- How long is my patter, story and interaction. Now this again is not 100 percent as some tables have alot of fun with the jokes and silliness (sp?) of my routine so it might take longer
*Hard Hitting- I feel table hopping is a bit diffrent then stage magic. With stage you can build up to a finale. With tables I like to hit them with a hard hitting visual effect at first then do a get to know/hat line trick (as I work for tips) and then a lasting impression trick that makes them laugh and give up the dough.

For some of my best table effects (routines are left out as I don't really wanna give out my scripts but if you want to come down and see me PM me....you better be in CT tho or the drive will kill ya)
Magic Stop Light Cards- a staple for visual change for the kids.
3d Multiplying rabbits- another one that the kids love and so do alot of adults
Sealed with a Kiss- My version of a Cyril card trick. Great give away for the girls little and older
Win a prize- a great card trick for boys that lets me get a little loud and every one in the place is cheering the kid by the end of the effect
Impossible Mind Read- Another great get multiple tables involved trick that gets the whole place laughing.
and others that I might post later as this is taking me forever to type up at work lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:11 pm 
Penguin

I am Paddy, I lost my password and haven't been able to sign in so I use this name now. Hopefully I can get a password sent to me soon.

Paddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:23 pm 
Penguin

You can't hide Paddy!
We know that tone of typing any where :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:32 pm 
Penguin

Hmmmmm......those tricks seem pretty well thought out... What exactly is seald with a kiss, Is that the one where you make a chocolater kiss pop from the card at the end of the routine? Also, Are magic stop light cards as good as they say for kids...And effects like In a flash and those kinds of card tricks would be more geared towards teen agers and adults right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:11 pm 
born to perform.

magic_maxwell you remind me of a person that spammed these boards with non-stop posting a few weeks ago. How is it that in only 8 days you have gotten 55 posts? That's unbelievable considering you'd have to be here for quite a while every day. Either way, just calm it down a little, we get it, you're excited about magic, so are all of us. You don't need to show it by posting non-stop things that end up ugly people off, i.e. above when people didn't want to post their routine as they thought you might just steal it.
If you really want to know some routines that bad, well, there are some posted here you just have to look for them.
Oh and its hard to believe that you will be getting good marks on university essays if you can't even use proper grammar or spell properly. I'm just saying that because I am in university and that stuff will not fly, marks will be lost everywhere. Listen to your high school english teacher now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:08 pm 
Penguin

Actually I'm a scholarship student at a respectable Canadian University.

These forums are not formal as you may know so there is no need not to

use slang and colloquialisms....It's everyday language. As for someone

else, I have told people that I've been here for 3 years and have over

800 posts on another ID which I don't use anymore. Is it too much to ask

for a little advice with a proposed job.

I'm also a moderator on another magic site. If you are interested in

checking it out : [url]theguy26.20.forumer.com[/url] . My alias is Magic31

on that site. IT is a new site with only a few members but we are hoping

to upgrade soon and are always looking for new members.

I am also a member on talkmagic.co.uk, anything-magic.com as well

as ellusionist.com . All of which are generally inclined to help out with

advice for magicians. I understand that their are alot of noobs with

pointless question on this area...If you payed attention you would realize

that I already said I searched and read all forums to do with this. I'm just

looking for opinions that aren ot negative and thanks to anyone who

posted replies or continue to post.