View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:17 am 
Emperor Penguin

Advice is one thing, but asking for peoples exact routine is not cool or original. And granted you might not steal it, but there others who will. Many of us put alot of work into creating our routines and rather not post it for every one to see. My routine will work for me and only me, so there is no need for you to know it, and this goes for every one else.
Many people would rather take the easy way out and use others routine. So i wasnt in the wrong when myself and paddy posted our comments.
And pulling the years in magic wont work, especially since I have been in Magic for 13 years, and i am sure paddy has been in it for a while as well.

If you had searched you would have seen plenty of topics with great advice on routines for restaurant walkaround.

oh and nice advertising the other forums, which is against the rule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:22 am 
Penguin

I apoligize for posting that I wanted exact routines...What I really want is the way you structure effects that leads to good presentation ..For example....Card Trick, Mentalist trick, finish with money trick...Ideas like this is more what I'm leaning towards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:11 am 
Penguin

Magix Max,
Yes Sealed with a Kiss is my version of the pop a hershey kiss off a card.
It just plays so good for younger kids cause they get candy (if its allright with the parents) and with the adult woman its a very good flirt trick :wink:

As I stated before for table hopping (might differ for you or where you are working) I hit them with a very visual effect thats ushally one of my best effects. This gets there attention and makes them want to see more. Then I do a trick that gives me lots of oppurtunity for some bits of buisness and maybe drop my buisness card. Something like Monte Delux or other effects that let you hand out your card, like Buisness Minded. Then I ushally do a funny trick where I mess up and make good at the end. Something like Sankey's One of One.
The reason why I don't end with my best trick is because I do alot of walking around and sometimes as I go by they will call me over again and I don't want to get into a "step up" contest with my tricks trying to beat the last trick I did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:01 am 
Penguin

That makes alot of sense....Thanks for that advice...Would Card to wallet be a good trick to use in a restaurant atmoshphere?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:21 pm 
Penguin

Very much so.
Card to impossible location (mouth, shoe, bottle, balloon) always goes over great. Especially if its a signed card.
Card to wallet is a staple ending for allot of magicians Ambitious Card Routine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:11 pm 
Penguin

This may sound stupid but I've never had an actual dvd that taught the ACR...I just used different sleights , lifts and false cuts and shuffle combined with my own patter...But I suppose that is pretty much what everyone does...Did everyone learn from a dvd?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:07 pm 
Penguin

I did not learn ACR from a DVD but many teach it.
I know other sites that have it in their download videos.
But here on Penguin I know the Born to Perform DVD teaches it.
I don't want to be wrong but I think the Dai Vernon was the orginal creator of the ACR but don't quote me. I just remember its the trick that fooled Houdini and thats the first time I saw it mentioned ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:14 pm 
Penguin

I think the most valuable asset to my routine would be to buy the Darwins TT encyclopedia...Does anyone have this. I read some great reviews about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:53 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Dai Vernon didn't create the ACR, but he did have his own version. The ACR is a very old routine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:22 am 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
bucky310 wrote:
How is it that in only 8 days you have gotten 55 posts? That's unbelievable considering you'd have to be here for quite a while every day.

That's just a little short of 7 posts a day. Considering that 5 of those posts were in this thread before you asked your question, it isn't suprising that he was able to do it.

I personally have recommended the card wallet 12 times within 15 minutes -- and I'm a slow typist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:23 am 
Penguin

Thank you...I know plenty of people who post up to 10-15 times a day easily , especiallly when their thread is overcome with replies...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:34 am 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
Magic_Maxwell wrote:
Thank you...I know plenty of people who post up to 10-15 times a day easily , especiallly when their thread is overcome with replies...

You're welcome.

I still thought your original post was just to copy someone's routine.