View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: school street magic
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:54 pm 
Penguin

hey im sam, im 12 years old and i do street magic at my school..... you know at lunch time, or after school i just pull out a pack of bycicals or somthin'

anyway i mostly do card stuff. i have the sts but i dont use it very much. but my magic tricks are starting to get old :oops:

anyone have any magic trick suggestions?
not JUST card stuff but youknow,,, anything good (street magic)

thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:00 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Sponge balls are always great. I'm not sure how advance you are at cards, but Royal Road to Card Magic, or Card College (if you have the money) would be good places to work from. Bobo's Modern Coin magic is another good book. Also, Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. With the books that I suggested, you will have more then enough magic to play around with.

Post subject: Ahh school magic
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:47 pm 
Penguin

Some things I used in school were

Stealth Pen
On The Spot!!!
STS
bite out quarter
Scotch and soda
Ring leader
coin sleights
gut buster
balducci levitation
sponge balls
floating dollar
hummer card (huge reputation builder)
Anything with money
Thumbtip (iffy)
D'light (iffy)
Cups and Balls (perfect for lunch)

I know these things are kinda newbie whatever, but they get great reactions and are perfect for school. Try spicing up your card tricks.
CTW, Invisible deck, blizzard etc.

Hope I helped

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:37 pm 
Penguin

awsome thanks

i have been doing magic for over a year now.. 8) im pretty skilled at slight of hand with

cards
coins

i used to have spunge balls
i use them when im doin parties

i am thinking about getting the tally ho deck

what do you guys think????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:47 pm 
Penguin

If your looking for something new that will make your old card tricks disappear from their mind then why would you get the Tally Ho Deck...It's just an ordinary deck of cards...On the spot by Gregory Wilson is a great addition for any time you are stuck with nothing and still want to do some reaction magic....I would also pick up a TT if I was you You can build full routines around them without the audience having a clue...Alot of card tricks the audience is surprised but sometimes they may know it is just manipulation and sleight however with a TT you have the luxury of showing your hands completely empty before and after the tricks ....Learning to pickpocket playfully would get good reactions ...Gregory Wilson shows many steals and pickpocket tricks as well as putpocketing , only some would work at your school though and you would have to choose your victim wisely... Overalll, I think your best bet would be to get a TT and Darwin's encyclopedia of TT magic or on the spot but both of those are pretty expensive and if you find yourself short with money you could always buy Front Row by Sankey which is geared towards restaurants but the effects will get just as big of a reactoin in school....Good luck with your purchase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:24 pm 
born to perform.

some of those tricks are in no way "newbie"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:07 pm 
Penguin

I agree , alot of them take alot of skill....

Post subject: sorry
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:45 am 
Penguin

they do take skill. Every trick can take skill. I'm just tired of hearing people bash scotch and soda and stealth pen just because they are often categorized as mainstreamI r beginner tricks. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Oh man ( sory if I'm getting a little off topic). Today, our school news show aired a news story on magic featuring me. It was AWESOME. It showed me performing the STS, CTW(my own little version), a transposition trick, floating dollar and ID. I knew after it aired there would be people wanting to see a trick. All I had was a quarter, Twisted Sisters, my mouse( from 5 minutes with a pocket handkerchief). I've never so appreciated the power of a good balducci levitaion. It just floors people.

so yeah. I just had to tell somebody :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:17 am 
Penguin

Believe it or not I've found that the self folding dollar gets great reactions. It's small and easy to do. I use it after i perform the raven vanish ( helps me reset my raven when they're screaming for more coin vanishing). Now I'm all set to do another raven vanish (but they're stuck on how'd you do that with that dollar). You will amaze your friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:22 am 
Penguin

Believe it or not I've found that the self folding dollar gets great reactions. It's small and easy to do. I use it after i perform the raven vanish ( helps me reset my raven when they're screaming for more coin vanishing). Now I'm all set to do another raven vanish (but they're stuck on how'd you do that with that dollar). You will amaze your friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:47 pm 
born to perform.

no stealth pen and that crap really are crap, i was talking about sponge balls and cups and balls. I lover performing these are i do so alot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:31 am 
Penguin

I'm looking to perform REAL magic. Not colorful changes or fancy XCM, but ET and Pro Pk (got it), I.D., etc. Stuff that the spec could not think "gimmick".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:14 am 
Penguin

you might be a bit young for this trick but i find it gets amazing reactions.
this trick would have to be my favourite, its morgan strebler's liquid metal. with this you can visually bend the fork and the fork's tine infront of the spectator's face, its outstanding!! and at the end your spectator walks away with a killer souvenire!! ( a completely messsed up crazy lookin fork!!! )

but be warned!!!! i dont want to expose anything thing but you cant have little sissy hands for this effect!!! this trick would be more suitable for you when you are older.

anyways i advise this trick when you are a little older, i wish i could explain why but i cant................ i need to sneeze...... ah......ahhh.....aaaahhh.....................exposure............

i wish you good luck in your magical future, sam

good luck

Post subject: Amen to the loveliness of cups and sponge balls
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:54 pm 
Penguin

Unfortunately I haven't performed cups and balls for a while, but I do love it. they think they kinda know whats goin on, but then the lemons come and they want to cry. After the lemons, out come the sponge ball and from there goes the SB routine. Oh I love those.

Oh yeah, defiantely go with On The Spot. The only magic I did today was stuff from that dvd. Its wonderful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:38 am 
Penguin

I find one of the best effects to do at school is the 2 Card Monte, it's very hard hitting and great if there is a bit of a crowd. Just make sure your slieghts are down good.