View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:17 pm 
born to perform.

Yes, there are many carriers and pouches out on the market.

Some others include the Assasin's Pouch and the Pro Carrier.

I, personally, only think a pouch is neccessary if you are a busker and have to carry larger performance props with you to make everything portable. For strolling magic, some good pocket management is better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:28 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I agree with kraynik. I prefer just keeping things in my pockets. If I really need to carry around extra stuff, I just bring my case, which I seldom need to do. I've done whole kids shows by just working out of my pockets (given that it was just a short show).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:24 am 
Penguin

I'm looking to get a pouch eventually when I start walkaround not only for card decks, sponge balls etc but I want to bring a balloon pump and some balloons for the kids...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:26 am 
Penguin

That's exactly what I was looking at on Ambitious Card...I just have to start working restaurant so I can afford to upgrade for a pouch like that one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:56 am 
Penguin

Seriously I use a fanny pack that I got at my local mall.
It works great for me.
I'm sure the puches that are available from diffrent sites work great as well but I really think that sometimes magicians spend money on stuff just because its new or hyped.
But then again I don't own one of these pouches and might change my mind if i did. But really a pouch is a pouch man (except for gazzo's which serves a complete diffrent function, huge loads for the cups and balls routine).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:38 pm 
Penguin

A buskers pouch is a diffrent animal all together.
Its a MUST if your doing strolling. Luckly I've been able to use my case as a hold and a savant.
That pouch looks very good and just what a busker needs to as you say keep the show going.
But for regular walkaround either use good pocket managment or get your self a fanny pack. Its just as good.
The one I got has a clip for me to hook my balloon pump to and I have a extra insolated bag that holds my balloons, keeps them slightly chilled, every thing I need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:53 pm 
Penguin

I have heard that cool balloons are important. I don't do balloons except for the balloon swallow and needle thru. Do you do balloons for all kids when you're strolling? Or just upon request?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:24 pm 
Penguin

I do 2 balloon routines during my walkaround if its a kids type event.
Balloon-Antics by Dan Harlan (also done in my stage show) and
The Classic William Tell Story.
Both draw a crowd in and allows me to entertain a large group of kids with a single routine.
I have a number of games as well that I use for my Balloon Only shows (cause twisting for 2 hours straight kills the hands, need to break it up)
For standard walkaround (adult parties and mitzhas i don't bring balloons unless I'm hired to do my balloon show) i do not do balloons because that is all that you will be doing.
When I work the resturant on the weekends I do balloons.
For fairs I also do balloons.

Always keep your balloons cool. I use a thermo-bag (pretty much a lunch bag thats insolated) and use those frozen ice blocks that you get for your lunch box, at the bottom of the bag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:08 pm 
Penguin

I just started balloons last week and can do a few small things like poodles, flowers, rhino, snake two types of swords, pigs...What would you suggest for an actual balloon routine as I've never heard of a balloon routine, are there any dvds or books teaching how to build a balloon routine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:24 am 
Penguin

Check out Pack Small Play Big Kids Show by Dan Harlan for his routine Balloon-Antics.
Modify it to make it your own.

Also there are other forums and websites by Ballon Artists and they talk all the time about routins and games they created. Make sure you contact the creator and get permission to use tho.
Google ballon sculpting or ballon twisting.