View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How do you guys get your gigs?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:19 pm 
Penguin

Hey, I'm thinking about getting a job doing some table-hopping here in NYC. Anyone have any tips on how to get the job?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:23 pm 
born to perform.

call the manager or ask to see him when you are at the restaurant. Perfor m your best tricks for him. Tell him your sure you can boost his sales in a month. If not he can fire you. Make sure you get paid in that month so you are not performing for free. If you do boost his sales you got a guarnteed job

Post subject: Re: How do you guys get your gigs?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:16 pm 

cacter wrote:
Hey, I'm thinking about getting a job doing some table-hopping here in NYC. Anyone have any tips on how to get the job?

OK you're from NYC, but the same questions as I asked another poster apply. First things first. Have you ever been in a restaurant that had a magician working there? From these questions it doesn't sound like it.

Go see a restaurant magician first, then get a show together then ask the questions.
Paddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:21 am 
Emperor Penguin

bendini wrote:
call the manager or ask to see him when you are at the restaurant. Perfor m your best tricks for him. Tell him your sure you can boost his sales in a month. If not he can fire you. Make sure you get paid in that month so you are not performing for free. If you do boost his sales you got a guarnteed job
I have a question, have you actually done any resturuant work? You have some good information, but some of it isn't the greatest either.

Along with what paddy said, I would say check out Kirk Charles. He's got a nice book on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:37 am 
born to perform.

I havent done restaurant yet but i talked to the manager and he said we can make out an arragnement. SO what i said before i stand behind 100% cause thats how im getting my job and thats how others get there job

Paddy, where do you work. I would love to see you perform to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:50 am 
born to perform.

Have your routine perfected so that you can do it in your sleep, NYC is harsh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:51 pm 

volcom101 wrote:

I thought so too until I went there. I was visiting some friends in Brooklyn and we went to Central Park. I brought my kit with me and set up and did sidewalk shows. I thought I did lousy because I changed my finale to linking rings because everybody else was doing cups and balls. Made $590 in 2 hours. If that's harsh, I'll take it!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:53 pm 
born to perform.

Dang thats a lot of dough! in two hours i wouldve like to see you perform to me.

paddy check your pms

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:57 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
volcom101 wrote:

I thought so too until I went there. I was visiting some friends in Brooklyn and we went to Central Park. I brought my kit with me and set up and did sidewalk shows. I thought I did lousy because I changed my finale to linking rings because everybody else was doing cups and balls. Made $590 in 2 hours. If that's harsh, I'll take it!!

Wow, 590, that's sweet!!!!!!!!!!! I'ma go to the xmas party in ma neighborhood and do some tricks and see if i can get any tips!!! Bye guys :D

Seriously, everybody, from the posts paddy has made, everyone on these forums should listen to him and take his advice. He seems like a highly experienced busker and table hopper, which are just fancy words for entertainer. Plus, he knew how to think on his feet when he changed his finale to compete with other buskers.

I didn't see one street performer when i was in NYC this summer, it was kinda dissapointing.