View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: better places to live to work in restuarants.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:10 pm 
born to perform.

where do you believe is the best place to live, or what are good places to live to work in resturants? what do i mean by this? well, it is common sence, some places or at leaste citys have citys with the not as rich people, and then their are places where the rich people live. these places probably have a lot of expensive restuanrants, and if you are planning on doing for a living( not saying i am) but if you are you are going to want to move to the places where the "rich and fancy" restaurants are, that way they can pay you good, you'll probably get good tips, and rich people will come in, possibly business people, so you'll have a better chance of getting parties and gigs. where do you believe are good places that can acomidate this?[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:54 pm 
Emperor Penguin

The majority of cities in the United States have areas with wealthier people. And if that particular city doesn't, there will usually be one somewhere near.

Also, it isn't necessary to find places where the people are extremely wealthy. For the most part, I perform for the middle class. They seem to be the most interested in magic, and are willing to pay the prices that I've set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:52 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
The majority of cities in the United States have areas with wealthier people. And if that particular city doesn't, there will usually be one somewhere near.

Also, it isn't necessary to find places where the people are extremely wealthy. For the most part, I perform for the middle class. They seem to be the most interested in magic, and are willing to pay the prices that I've set.

Their has to been certain place though that are better to find work in the others. I am simply looking for a few examples/ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:22 pm 
Emperor Penguin

The better places are where people spend money. And in the United States, that's pretty much everywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:08 pm 

Fallingblood is right. Whenever I travel, I always do some busking and some restaurant work. Did a festival in Cleveland TN back in August, while there I did the festival on Fri, Sat, and Sunday, had 4 senior center shows on Monday. Plus worked a restaurant in the Holiday Inn where I was staying on Sunday from after the festival until 9 PM.

When I go to other places like Rockford IL, Peoria IL, places like that, I always do some busking plus I will get a restaurant to work for a night. Makes no difference where you are, if you're good you will always make money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:21 am 
Penguin

Quote:
Their has to been certain place though that are better to find work in the others. I am simply looking for a few examples/ideas.
Every city has it's upscale neighborhoods and it's downtrodden side. It's simply the way cities work. You're employment as a magician depends on how good a magician you are. Pick any city with more than 500K people and if you're a good magician you'll do fine.

Stay away from Detroit though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:37 pm 
born to perform.

Man paddy, thats a lot of shows and gigs to do all in one weekend, whew, I would be exhausted. Did you perform a lot of the same shows since there were so many?