View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Good Idea?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:15 am 
Penguin

Hi all,

While perusing the Live at The Jailhouse forums awaiting my copy I had an idea and was wondering if you guys think it would be a good idea. I was thinking about offering my service free for one night to practice table hopping, (ie not market to this restaurant) but just ask if I could come do magic for their patrons. This way I could get some real experience without the committment of drawing people in. I have a pleothera of effects at my side but I believe I need some real world restaurant experience, I would of course do this after thoroughly watching live at the jailhouse and make sure I had a solid set list. Many of my effects are completely impromptu making it that much easier in a restaurant enviroment. Just looking for some feedback.

Thanks,

Alexander Schaeffer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:50 am 
Penguin

Yep, good idea

thats what i told my boss a month ago, (he already has entertainment booked for a while). I said i would be happy to do a free nights magic and if it works out then he could pay me for my future work. They can not lose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:38 am 
Emperor Penguin

Watch the videos first. I think they cover something like this. If they don't though, here's an idea I think would work better for you.

Go into the resturaunt, and have an interview with the general manager. If he seems interested in you doing magic there, offer to come in during a slow evening, and show them what you can do. You will get some experience, and you will prove you can handle it. Also, if they like you, you can get a job there. It's what I've done in the past, and I know others have done the same thing. Also, paddy will probably reply, and take his advice. He knows what he's doing.