View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:12 am 

IlDaDe wrote:
Chub wrote:
Hopefully english is not your first language.

No, I'm Italian.
I need a tip:
I'm a student but I love magic, what I have to do?
I repeat, my dream is to work as magician, but I dont know if its possible.

OK, you are a student. That means you can be any age fro 5 up to 60 or 70 years old. I make no assumptions there. If you are old enough to work in Italy, check with your school counselors about jobs that are related to magic. Here in the U.S. we can work in restaurants for tips and make a good living. I also do shows in nursing homes, senior citizen (old folks) centers, day care centers, schools, and festivals. My income is considered upper middle class income for the U.S.

I don't know if Italy has the same oportunities as here but that will give you ideas. Again unless you are of age and not a kid, plus have some experience performing don't even bother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:23 am 
Penguin

paddy wrote:
IlDaDe wrote:
Chub wrote:
Hopefully english is not your first language.

No, I'm Italian.
I need a tip:
I'm a student but I love magic, what I have to do?
I repeat, my dream is to work as magician, but I dont know if its possible.

OK, you are a student. That means you can be any age fro 5 up to 60 or 70 years old. I make no assumptions there. If you are old enough to work in Italy, check with your school counselors about jobs that are related to magic. Here in the U.S. we can work in restaurants for tips and make a good living. I also do shows in nursing homes, senior citizen (old folks) centers, day care centers, schools, and festivals. My income is considered upper middle class income for the U.S.

I don't know if Italy has the same oportunities as here but that will give you ideas. Again unless you are of age and not a kid, plus have some experience performing don't even bother.

i'm 20 years old!

mmm.. i think that italy have more or less the same opportunities, but i need to improve my ability as "Showman"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:27 am 

IlDaDe wrote:
I'm 20 years old!
mmm.. I think that italy have more or less the same opportunities, but I need to improve my ability as "Showman"...

GREAT!!! You are right! It is not the trick we do it is the performance. I can take a piece of rope and make a good 15 minute routine with it. I can do the very same tricks with a piece of rope and have it done in 3 minutes. The difference is performance and the difference in tips is HUGE! Learn the showmanship and you'll make it big.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:14 pm 
Penguin

paddy wrote:
IlDaDe wrote:
I'm 20 years old!
mmm.. I think that italy have more or less the same opportunities, but I need to improve my ability as "Showman"...

GREAT!!! You are right! It is not the trick we do it is the performance. I can take a piece of rope and make a good 15 minute routine with it. I can do the very same tricks with a piece of rope and have it done in 3 minutes. The difference is performance and the difference in tips is HUGE! Learn the showmanship and you'll make it big.

Do you suggest me to be myself, to learn with DvD's, books (if there are books teaching it), or what?

PS: sorry again for my english:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:21 pm 
Penguin

I have same questions as IlDaDe so can someone answer his question? I dont want to open a new topic.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:42 pm 
born to perform.

You need to know if your going to do it first, if you know for sure then start praticing for around a year or two years. Then go ask the manager if you can perform for them.

Get live at the jailhouse you need this dvd if you are going into restaurant magic!!!

if you don't get this dvd then you will not be ready.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:09 am 

IlDaDe wrote:
paddy wrote:
IlDaDe wrote:
I'm 20 years old!

Do you suggest me to be myself, to learn with DvD's, books (if there are books teaching it), or what?
PS: sorry again for my english:)

Not a problem with your English. You have got it again. Get the DVDs and books. Be yourself when you approach a table and remember You know the secret to every effect, they don't know and will be amazed.

The reason I added that last is because I feel sometimes that this is so easy why can't they see what I am doing! But the audience is always amazed by my magic. Again keep everything simple and just go do it.