View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Routining and performing...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:59 pm 
Penguin

Hey everyone, although this has already been asked thousands of times before I'm going to make another pointless thread. I've been offered a restaurant gig for the summer whilst I'm not taking classes in University. So I'm going to list some of the effects I own and just want people ideas on how to link them into a few sets of routines for performing, I already have a few but I was just looking for opinions. Please don't post make your own routine and stop stealing others because that isn't what I'm trying to accomplish, I just want to analyze what others think are good to link together. Without further ado here are some of the effects I do...many of these won't be suitable for restaurant either way.

1) Stigmata
2) Card effects/Ambitious Card
3) Sponge ball routine
4) Sponge napkin routine
5) Mind power deck/ Smoke- derren brown
6) Tossed out deck
7) Interlaced
8)Electric Touch
9) Wow- Masuda
10) Taste Conditions
11) Autobend silverware
12) TT/Vanishing silk
13) Flipper Coin/ Coin Routine
14) D'lites
15) In a Flash
16) PaperClipped
17) Signed card to sealed envelope in pocket (Also called Evidence File )
18) Saw

These are a few of the many effects I do, unfortunately my mind is in a cramp from studying chemistry but other than that, any effects that people have had experiance with and go over well, feel free to post them , I was thinking about a rose production to start off a routine here or there when performing for a couple , of course I would say that it is courtousy of the boyfriend. anyways, let me know if you can link any of these together, I realize that some of these wouldn't necessarily go over good in most restaurants but the one I will be performing at will bost alot of relaxed people and teenagers / university students so usually any effect works wit hthem in my experiance regardless of the fact that they wet there to eat haha....It's all in good fun and entertainment value. Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:12 pm 
Penguin

dont do saw especially at a restuarant dont do stigmata, electric touch otherwise you good.
saw-youll make people puke
stigmata- not the right enviroment
electric touch-who wants to be shocked at dinner

do some classic card tricks like an in the hands triumphent. get on the spot. the second disc of bill in kiwi has some good stuff. get a good sponge ball routine with a kicker ending that doesnt involve multiplying spongeball(dont want to pick and set up again before the next table).get ring leader you can make an amazing ring on string routine to go with interlace. depends what age group to like seniors you might want to do some classic magic. kids go for spongeballs, teenagers do some card tricks older teens 18-30 mabe some crazy criss angel crap. anyways a few ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:20 pm 
born to perform.

1. On the spot - good dvd for some tricks for Restaurant Magic
2. Live at the jailhouse - perfect for This
3. Card college vol. 1-5 - good card tricks
4. Modern Coin magic

Basicly get coins and cards and other SMALL tricks

(dont do nasty like card out of mouth or anything in that sort *no one wants to see that*)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:38 am 
Penguin

thegenious, thanks but I have on the spot and card college, I don't want to flood all of my routines with card effects, everyone has seen card effects but it is more entertaining to see new kinds of magic from my perspective anyways, I've seen many walkaround magicians who wear out the same old tired card effects that really don't excite the expectator overly. Thanks for the advice though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:37 pm 
born to perform.

FlawlessMisdirection wrote:
thegenious, thanks but I have on the spot and card college, I don't want to flood all of my routines with card effects, everyone has seen card effects but it is more entertaining to see new kinds of magic from my perspective anyways, I've seen many walkaround magicians who wear out the same old tired card effects that really don't excite the expectator overly. Thanks for the advice though.

Not really your opinion that matters though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:57 pm 
Penguin

jay sankey has some good material for restaurants that dont use coins or cards. theres a bunch like his real work on restaurant and bars dvd is good you cant get it at penguin though you have to go to mjmmagic.com. theres also no card tricks and 3 ring circus. check out his website sankeymagic.com i think. theres lots.