View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:34 pm 

Tay, I just went to your site. Man DO SOMETHING about it!!! You say on the home page (Which has a big pop up ad that will shut people off) That you are a restaurant magician that "may get hired by Chili's or TGI Fridays. HMMMMM. You work as a restaurant magician but no one has hired you yet to work as a restaurant magician. Confusing?

Next you have a calendar, so when I go there it's just a blank calendar with no bookings on it. Same with your guest map, blank, no one has been to your site yet.

And Sean (from the way you spell, you probably pronounce your name "seen" instead of the correct way) I don't say that everyone should not be a restaurant magician. BUT, if all you know are gimmicks, if your performance is not impeccable, then don't try it. A restaurant entertainer is a representative of the restaurant management. If you walk up to a table and a woman pops her breast out and starts to feed a baby, you better not stare at her. If you walk up to a table you better be able to instantly sense the mood at that table. You have to KNOW when the couple may be having a fight, or their kid is in the hospital and they don't want you right then.

At his age he can not in any way have the ability to be able to entertain besides being a "cute kid." Cute kids don't last and they give real magicians a bad name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:50 pm 
born to perform.

umm paddy... how many times do i got to tell people, that is just a website I made when I was like 10 years old... and plus its not even ready... so please dont bother me about it. thanks~

-MagicTay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:32 am 
born to perform.

Paddy. I apologize for my last post. To be honest,(but this is know excuse) I had one to many drink las tnight if you know what I mean. I was reading through here and some how got it into my head that you were worng. Usually I wouldn't have done that because I know the years of expirience you have under your belt as a restuarant magician or should I say performer. I don't think I read all of the genius's post either because I didn't know that all of or most of his tricks were gimmicked. I also didn't know what age he was but I thought he mentioned that he was 16 years of age. Genius I think that you should wait until you ar eready. Iknow I started getting gigs when I was about 15. None of these gigs were at restuarants. They were at friends b-day parties, some of my family friends parties, I had a few performance at a retirment home, I did some shows at the childrens hospital, and I performed at the YMCA. Most of these gigs I didn' t get paid for but that didn't matter to me becuase what matter at that point of my life was to perform and get some people skills under my belt. I did have an organized show for all the shows I did but, doing those types of gigs let me find what tricks woked and what didn't. It also got me to see how to handle people and just theb asic art of performing. I rember then that I knew many very technical and difficult tricks then. I soon learned that even though those tricks impressed magicians some of them weren't to big of hits with th elaymen audience. I noticed that a lot of the simpler tricks like doing a few DL's and having the cards transpose in the spectators hand was more efffective then doing a trick form brian tudor's generation x-treme. Then at age 16 I joined the magic castle which was one of the best choices I have made in my magic "career", if you will. Anyways the point is at your age why dont'
you just try to go out and perform and play around wiht ideas and see how your audience reacts. Try performing for choc(childrens hospital of orange county or another program like this were you live) , retirement homes, the ymca, show sfor you niehgbors' kids, and things that will ge tyou some expirience with the audience. When you think that you are ready for restaurants pick up live at the jailhouse and a few other books on working in the restaurants and study them. Once you hav estudied them, study them agoian. THen put together a few routines for that you have had good expirences wiht. Then try to advertise and market yourslef to some local restaurants and hopefully you will get a gig. After that first gig you will ge ta lot of experience and your career will grow from there. To answer your orginal question, WHne I first started out I got 75 dollars a night plus tips I worked for two and a half hours on a friday nights. It mostly depends on what area you live.
To benlewis I am of the age of 18 I am not ten. So don't judge me for you don't know me. I am not judging you. You cna easly be a thirteen year old who is calling me a ten year old. I am not saying that you are 13. I am jus tsaying tha toculd b etrue anmd if tha tis true then dont' judge me like you know way more aobut the subject then I do and if you do then that is great.

Goodluck,

Sena McQuaid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:45 am 

thegenius3232 wrote:
umm paddy... how many times do i got to tell people, that is just a website I made when I was like 10 years old... and plus its not even ready... so please dont bother me about it. thanks~

-MagicTay

Tay, you may have made that when you were 10, but it represents you NOW. Anyone who is interested in hiring you will go to that site. If that is the impression you want people to have, OK. But the impression is a bad one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:39 am 
born to perform.

I know paddy, I'm still working on it still. It's not even half done yet. So if you could please wait till I let everyone know it's done.

thanks

-MagicTay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:27 am 
Penguin

thegenius3232 wrote:
I know paddy, I'm still working on it still. It's not even half done yet. So if you could please wait till I let everyone know it's done.

thanks

-MagicTay

Magictray if that is the case then you should maybe think about taking it off your profile. Just a recommendation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:40 am 
born to perform.

you cant the profile is blocked or something~

-MagicTay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:21 pm 
Emperor Penguin

You definitely need to work on your website. There are some spelling and grammar issues, and it is not very well put together. I suggest getting some photos on there, and learning English. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:45 pm 
born to perform.

adjones wrote:
You definitely need to work on your website. There are some spelling and grammar issues, and it is not very well put together. I suggest getting some photos on there, and learning English. :wink:

...stop asking about it its not even my website, my friend made it for me...

so please stop giving me advise about the website...

~BACK TO THE TOPIC PLEASE~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:22 pm 
Emperor Penguin

thegenius3232 wrote:

-MagicTay

You say right here, it's a website you made when you were 10, then in your last post, you say your friend made it. You have so many holes on your story you could remake the movie holes and it would be a 10 hour epic film. Anyway, stop posting on here, practice your routines, film a video and gain some respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:29 pm 

Genius wrote on 4/29
Quote:
...stop asking about it its not even my website, my friend made it for me...

But Genius wrote on on 4/28 only one day before
Quote:

These statements are mutually exclusive, ergo one of them is a lie. If you are lying about such a simple thing as this, well forget about getting any help from now on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:51 pm 
born to perform.

Taylor, a few things i picked up from your site:

Hello My name is Taylor a.k.a MagicTay and I'm a magician, I will be working either at Chilles or T.G.I Fridays. - Is this fact, if not you will get in alot of trouble with head office and the local branch.

I will be doing Restaurant Magic for you all and I hope you will enjoyed it and hope you come back to vist us! Enjoy my site! - you keep saying i will be doing restaurant magic, no one will hire you if you will be doing it but have no current experience.

Please come me at T.G.I Fridays in next few months and You'll have a great time. You will want to come back after seeing my magic!

Thanks for coming! - Seriously, check your english!

I hope you enjoyed this trick, its one of my favorit tricks! I will be trying to post more of my Performances later on in the Future. - english and grammer seriously need checking here aswell

you cannot have a date on photos

Please email or call me where you live and where you would like the party to be at. (I WILL NOT TRAVEL OUT OF HOUSTON TX!) - Very professional

Please let me know how long you want me to perform for you and i'll let you know how much that time will cost.

Thanks! I hope to make your party speical - forgetting a full stop

Now this is really interesting, if you made this site when you were ten. The picture on the contact page has a date of 2007.

The friend made it for me excuse is pathetic, and its so babyish, pathetic, and the stupid amount of adverts, mean no one will ever book you from that site. You even sound 10 on the site.

If anyone saw that site, they would definatly not book you. Your site is very important these days even if its just a web presence, it must convey a professional image.

You need to work on your site, your magic, and most of all your attitude.

Last edited by benlewis2004 on Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:07 pm 
born to perform.

benlewis2004 wrote:

Now this is really interesting, if you made this site when you were ten. The picture on the contact page has a date of 2007.

Oooooooooh. Nice one, benlewis2004.

~Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:09 pm 
born to perform.

The youtube video of his performance was also made in March of 2007.

-Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:12 pm 
Emperor Penguin

LOL, his occupation in his profile says restarant magician!!!!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next