View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Any Ideas?
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:45 pm 
Penguin

Hey there p3nguin here, I've started going round resturants but the problem is i dont have any idea what are good resturant tricks. Please give yur ideas and I am willing to spend abit, but only if they are good tricks with good reactions, like sneak-a-peek which i brought earlier in the week. Thx, P3nguinm4gic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:57 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Well your asking for "good tricks, with good reactions."
You must be new to magic, or you would know that ones presentation makes the effect good and what gets the reactions. So its all up to you, whether the effect will kill or now.

Get "live at the jail house."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:05 pm 
Penguin

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
Well your asking for "good tricks, with good reactions."
You must be new to magic, or you would know that ones presentation makes the effect good and what gets the reactions. So its all up to you, whether the effect will kill or now.

Get "live at the jail house."

wel actually ive been doing magic for a while, however i have never really "discussed" about it... if u get wot i mean :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:55 am 
born to perform.

Location: In a galaxy somewhere in the vicinity of Betelguese 5
I don't "get wot u mean." Have you been promoting yourself to restuarants as a magician? Have you been hired already with no routine to perform? Or are you simply interested in what it takes to become a restaurant magician? You need to be clearer, because from your original post, you are going to recieve a lot of criticism from us for misrepresenting yourself and taking a gig without knowing what the heck you'll be doing.

A bit more information, a bit less "text messaging," and you'll get quality respones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:41 pm 
Penguin

jamesjay1 wrote:
I don't "get wot u mean." Have you been promoting yourself to restuarants as a magician? Have you been hired already with no routine to perform? Or are you simply interested in what it takes to become a restaurant magician? You need to be clearer, because from your original post, you are going to recieve a lot of criticism from us for misrepresenting yourself and taking a gig without knowing what the heck you'll be doing.

A bit more information, a bit less "text messaging," and you'll get quality respones.

well what i mean is i go around bar with resutrants in and just start tlking to ppl, out a pack of cards nd start performing :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:21 pm 

p3nguinm4gic scribbled
Quote:
well what i mean is i go around bar with resutrants in and just start tlking to ppl, out a pack of cards nd start performing

This looks like it was written by a blithering idiot. I believe it was. You just don't go into restaurants (or "resutrants" as you call them and start doing tricks (That is certainly not performing.) for several reasons. First you will wind up burning the place for a real entertainer. You may very well piss off the manager because he may think you are performing a scam on his customers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:25 pm 
born to perform.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I think what the guys are trying to express in response to your question(and correct me if I am wrong guys! :D ) is that before you even think about doing restaurant walkaround--you should already have a routine in place before even considering approaching anyone.

Now you state in your opening post that you have already started doing magic in restaurants, which means you must already have some kind of routine in place. Perhaps you could explain to the guys what tricks you are already performing so that they can give you recommendations to expand on your current routine.

If you are just starting out and "stumbling through it" and if you truly do not know what tricks are good for this venue, then sadly -- and I mean this in no way as hurtful -- you are not yet ready to perform in a restaurant.

Try doing a little more research. Investigate and invest in some DVDs -- or better yet, some good books, or both!

I wish you luck in your endeavor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:58 am 
Penguin

kristenl wrote:
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I think what the guys are trying to express in response to your question(and correct me if I am wrong guys! :D ) is that before you even think about doing restaurant walkaround--you should already have a routine in place before even considering approaching anyone.

Now you state in your opening post that you have already started doing magic in restaurants, which means you must already have some kind of routine in place. Perhaps you could explain to the guys what tricks you are already performing so that they can give you recommendations to expand on your current routine.

If you are just starting out and "stumbling through it" and if you truly do not know what tricks are good for this venue, then sadly -- and I mean this in no way as hurtful -- you are not yet ready to perform in a restaurant.

Try doing a little more research. Investigate and invest in some DVDs -- or better yet, some good books, or both!

I wish you luck in your endeavor.

And thats why i made this thread... to ask if you could tell me to get them dvd or books from...? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:57 am 
Penguin

p3nguinm4gic,
Suggestions for DVD's and Books
-Bobo's Modern Coin Magic.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=535
-Royal Road to Card Magic (both book and R Paul Wilson's DVD) http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorde ... hp?ID=6134
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=573
-Tarbell's Course in Magic
Can be located by a quick google search, not offered on penguin magic.

Magic is a wonderful gift we give the world. Practice and routine so what you give your spectators trully is magic.

Cheers,
Adam