View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Hows my grammer and spelling, ect...?
Great A+ 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
O.k. B+ 25%  25%  [ 7 ]
Poor C+ 68%  68%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 28
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:54 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
Genius wrote
Quote:
"I AM ONLY HERE ON THIS POST TO GET ADVISE ABOUT MY PRICES, SO IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY ADVISE ABOUT MY PRICE'S DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL." thank you~ -MagicTay

Tay, you can charge $1 an hour, it won't make a difference if people see a poor website, or if your resume has spelling errors like "perfessinal."

We don't care what you want to be when you row up but what you're doing NOW is a reflection on all of us who are professional. People see you acting like a magician and will judge all of us. We have all said you are not ready so listen to what we are telling you. Not only that you're not ready but your site is so bad that you have to take it down. Stop lieing about "working on it," either work on the dam thing or blow it off.

just one thing paddy, everyone makes misstakes like you just did on "row", "NO ONE IS PERFECT".

And Paddy I am not lieing I am working on the website.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:34 pm 
Emperor Penguin

thegenius3232 wrote:

just one thing paddy, everyone makes misstakes like you just did on "row", "NO ONE IS PERFECT".

There's a huge difference betweens Paddy's small mistake, on a forum, for magicians. He types so that we can still read what he says, spells most words correctly, and uses correct grammar. And do you know what, the general public will never know that, because this is a forum for magicians. I doubt his audience is in here, trying to see how many mistakes he's made. And even if they find some mistakes, he still acts professional.

On the other hand, you have a website, that is meant for potential customers to view, and the public as a whole to view. There are two very big differences between the two. I can act like a complete [edited] on this site, but people will still hire me to do kids shows. Because everything that they see about me; my business card, my brochures, the interviews, (my website when I launch it), the phone calls, and my performances, all portray me as a professional. And that's what people want to see. If I talked like an idiot, or had a brochure that had many grammar and spelling mistakes, no one would be hiring me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:54 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
thegenius3232 wrote:

There's a huge difference betweens Paddy's small mistake, on a forum, for magicians. He types so that we can still read what he says, spells most words correctly, and uses correct grammar. And do you know what, the general public will never know that, because this is a forum for magicians. I doubt his audience is in here, trying to see how many mistakes he's made. And even if they find some mistakes, he still acts professional.

On the other hand, you have a website, that is meant for potential customers to view, and the public as a whole to view. There are two very big differences between the two. I can act like a complete [edited] on this site, but people will still hire me to do kids shows. Because everything that they see about me; my business card, my brochures, the interviews, (my website when I launch it), the phone calls, and my performances, all portray me as a professional. And that's what people want to see. If I talked like an idiot, or had a brochure that had many grammar and spelling mistakes, no one would be hiring me.

I finaly see what you all are talking about. I am sorry for not seeing it, but now I do. I have edited my website please tell me what it wrong with it now. Thanks~

-MagicTay

P.S. thanks Paddy and Fallen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:10 pm 
born to perform.

Taylor, Accepting money for your Magic is considered to be a Professional Magician. So, I'll ask you to stop acting 16 and be more responsible for your actions.

Now, as to the prices you are quoting. They are too high.

I wish you all the luck in the world, Taylor.

No hard feelings, brother.

Edit Taylor, my third visit to your Website and I finally see some results.

Keep striving to do your best.

Again, good luck with your endeavors. I really hope you get the gig, brother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:17 am 
Penguin

Quote:
First off if you read my other post I am currently working on a new website so screw the one you have please. And with the "wont perform out of Houston tx!" is my way of saying that I'm not going to go out of the city, im not a perfessinal magician so stop treating me like one im only 16, i dont think im even going to be a perfessinal when i grow up so please stop treating me like one.

"I AM ONLY HERE ON THIS POST TO GET ADVISE ABOUT MY PRICES, SO IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY ADVISE ABOUT MY PRICE'S DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL."

thank you~

-MagicTay

Im sorry but your looking to get paid for performing. That makes you a professional. If thats not what you want then why are you so dead set on it. I have to agree your not ready for restaurant work. Im sorry but thats my opinion.

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:31 am 
born to perform.

Well in your poll you spelled grammar wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:17 am 
born to perform.

NEVER mind

Last edited by pookie on Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:19 am 
Emperor Penguin

pookie wrote:
JOHNATHANDAVIS wrote:
First off if you read my other post I am currently working on a new website so screw the one you have please. And with the "wont perform out of Houston tx!" is my way of saying that I'm not going to go out of the city, im not a perfessinal magician so stop treating me like one im only 16, i dont think im even going to be a perfessinal when i grow up so please stop treating me like one.

"I AM ONLY HERE ON THIS POST TO GET ADVISE ABOUT MY PRICES, SO IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY ADVISE ABOUT MY PRICE'S DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL."

thank you~

-MagicTay

Im sorry but your looking to get paid for performing. That makes you a professional. If thats not what you want then why are you so dead set on it. I have to agree your not ready for restaurant work. Im sorry but thats my opinion.

JD

Were you banned? And if you were you realize the whole purpose of banning is so that you will go away.

That's what I thought at first, too, but Johnathandavis actually quoted magictay, just not very well. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:53 am 
born to perform.

sorry but i dont see the results. Sure there are a few less errors, but in general, still a massive amount of gramatical and spelling errors, it sounds like a kids wrote it, a 5 year old that is, and very unprofessional. In general you will only lose bookings from that site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:48 am 
Penguin

Quote:

thank you~

-MagicTay

First off, if you don't want to be treated like a professional, then don't ask for advise on how much you should charge. DON'T CHARGE ANYTHING. Professionals get paid, 16 year old kids don't. It sounds like you just want a place to practice your tricks. Do that for your family and such. When you are ready to be treated like a professional, then you can talk about money. Until then, stick to Youtube.

If you aren't going to be professional, then PLEASE do not ruin the magician reputation for the rest of us. DON'T EVEN PERFORM!! Your obviously a young kid looking for attention. The proof is in your reactions to criticism. Your asking for genuine advise from other magicians, but what your trying to do is NOT GOOD for the magician community so we aren't telling you what you want to hear. So instead, magicians are telling you what you need to do to succeed (rather than saying omg your so good) your getting upset and asking us to not tell you about grammatical errors and such. If you can't handle people correcting your grammar then DELETE THE PAGE AND DON'T TYPE TEXT UNTIL YOU LEARN HOW.

There is a douche-bag guy in my town who has a few LAME tricks and he tries to sell everything to each table he visits...Why on earth is this guy trying to sell magic supplies to non-magicians??? Needless to say, my own magician ring has been working against this guy. He lost all his residencies, but shamefully, the restaurants will NOT hire another magician because after this guy, they think its a bad idea...

Anyways, please do not do what this guy did and ruin the job market for Houston magicians.

Oh yea, as far as your grammar and spelling goes...it really sucks. I didn't vote because you didn't provide appropriate choices. A 16 year old who can't spell words like "professional" and "performance" deserves to fail. I give you a grade of E. You fail.

Oh yea, once a prospective client of yours sees your page, they will know you are just a half-wit teenager looking for attention and you probably get picked on in school. If you can't handle what someone is telling you on an internet forum then you need to grow up and get thicker skin.

No response is necessary as I will not read it. I am experienced enough in life and the art of magic to know there is nothing you could possible say....But I know you will attempt to respond anyway to save face...Good luck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:16 pm 
Penguin

I completely agree with EVERYTHING GWhipDJ just said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:04 am 
born to perform.

Quote:

thank you~

-MagicTay

Oh I feel better now, you're sixteen and you spell that bad! The least of your problems is what to charge these people. Your problem is whether you are ever going to graduate High School.
I'd love to see the contract you write up for a potential client.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:29 am 
born to perform.

bLiNdSiDe wrote:
Edit Taylor, my third visit to your Website and I finally see some results.

Keep striving to do your best.

Again, good luck with your endeavors. I really hope you get the gig, brother.

I just revisited Taylor's site, and there has been no revisions done since my last look...2 months ago.

Taylor, if you insist on keeping your current website at Bravenet.com, you really need to make it look more Professional. The video of yours needs to be filmed again. The photos need to be Professionally photographed. And, you still need to work on spelling errors and grammatical mistakes.

Take a look around this young man's website and see how much yours needs to improve: http://www.dakotarosemagic.com/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:51 am 

I know Dakota and his mother, they belong to the same ring as I do. Tay is not now and never will be close to Dakota in skill and ability. He has won many competitions, both national and international, and is a contributing writer to The Linking Ring Magazine. His monthly column is on young magi.

Yes his site is very professional because he knows the value of a good site. He realizes that his whole reputation is on the line whenever anyone looks at that site. That boy is a real magician, not a hobbiest, and will someday be as well known as Copperfield.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:59 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
I know Dakota and his mother, they belong to the same ring as I do. Tay is not now and never will be close to Dakota in skill and ability. He has won many competitions, both national and international, and is a contributing writer to The Linking Ring Magazine. His monthly column is on young magi.

Yes his site is very professional because he knows the value of a good site. He realizes that his whole reputation is on the line whenever anyone looks at that site. That boy is a real magician, not a hobbiest, and will someday be as well known as Copperfield.

Paddy, I agree with everything you posted. I read Dakota's column every month...it's always very well written and informative.

A couple of years ago I was presented with my Order Of Merlin Cerificate from the IBM.

I'm trying to find ways to inspire Taylor to improve his website. By pointing out Dakota's site, I was hoping to show Taylor that other young Magicians know the value of a great Website. If Taylor continues his dream towards working restaurants, he first needs to work on his website...making it Professional. He also needs to listen to the advice given within this thread...and not get defensive.

Finally, I'm attempting to give Taylor and others who may read these topics some valuable insight...on keeping our Art alive by always presenting themselves in a Professional manner.