View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My WILDEST performance
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:36 pm 
Team Penguin

OK. just a few days ago, I was in the mall doing table hopping for lonlly singles at the food court. All started good. Then the one table I wished I never came to. I happened to walk up to the sloppies eater. I was performing delirium by oz pealrman( Highlly recomend) then then started laughing and a glod of food jumped out of there mouth onto my card. I let her keep the card. Now I didnt have one of the more important cards in my deck. So I went on. Then I came to a table that was closer to other tables then others. This table was one of the worst tables Ive had in ym life. She started out good with two good tricks. then I lost her. I tried everything but I couldnt please her(NO not that way) Then other tables started whatching. something every table hopper isnt too pleased with. So other tables kept telling me to go on. so i did. then I started getting heckled beyond beleife. A group of drunkie idiots decided to start throwing burger wrappers at me. I left. But thats when It all went donwhill some more. I happened to come accross a guy that I thauhgt was cool until I found out. I started doing the penguin monte. This guy happened to be a penguin user. so he knew the trick. that was all cool with me. then Idid two card monte. He of course knew the secret and started getting past the method. Then I found out that he was a newer magicians that likes to overuse there abilities. He liked to mess me up. I handed the deck to him for shuffling befreo finding all this out so he threw the deck over his shoulder.thats when I really snapped. Im really thankful for luke jermay on this one. I started performing ten card poker deal. I won a free drink adn a dollar. then some other bets and such that Id dont like to perform. then he stopped and baught be a drink and payd me the dollar I won.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:00 am 
Penguin

sounds pretty sweet, thug. Btw, some ppl get pissed off if you don't use correct grammar. so I'd watch your back. Oh, and another thing, when people start to heckle you, just stop performing for them. If they can't be entertained by your magic, screw em'. ya dig? just stop, and leave. they don't deserve you.

keep it real

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:01 am 
Emperor Penguin

This just shows you have no business even trying to do "table hopping." First off, you don't do magic for people eating. I do believe every source on the subject agrees with that.

You don't do magic for people who don't want to see that. If you weren't pleasing that lady, you should have just stopped, and gone to a new table.

Other tables watching isn't bad at all. It is by no way something that "every table hopper isn't too pleased with." Quite the opposite. I have no problem with other tables watching in. Because I'll go to their table soon enough, and I know they will already be interested.

You really should do some research before you ever try to do "table hopping" ever again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:24 am 

Fallingblood is right on with his statement
Quote:
Other tables watching isn't bad at all. It is by no way something that "every table hopper isn't too pleased with."

Also what he didn't point out. 1. Working a mall food court can get your a$$ banned from that mall. If you don't have permission to do this on private property (which is what a mall is) you can even be arrested.

2. If you are going to do table hopping do it in a RESTAURANT, not an open food court. People in a food court are either shopping and just want to eat, finish shopping and get out, or they work in the mall and have a very limited amount of time for lunch, so they don't want or need to be bugged by some stupid kid.

But to the point that Fallingblood did bring out about other tables watching you. Yep he's right. Last night I was at my usual restaurant and a group of 4 tables all had kids, plus they all knew each other from school activities. Well, I went over and started to perorm so that all could see me. I also involved the kids in my set bu useing at least one "volunteer" from each table. Did some sponge balls which turned into sponge rabbits and then did a 3 ring routine. Spent 5 minutes and moved on. While I was at another table a couple of the kids from the first group came over and dropped some bills in my tip jar.

That did a couple of things, mostly let the whole restaurant know I took tips but was not going to hover over them waiting for money. Then when I got a chance I checked to see how much they gave me. US$50 for one little 5 minute show consisting of some sponge balls, rabbits and three 10" dia. chinese rings. This should prove that "it ain't the stupid tricks" it's all in the performance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:13 pm 
Penguin

Yo that sucks man. I know what you mean by the other penguin dude. There is a guy at my school who knows all the secrets but cant actually do the trick because they wont put in the time and stuff to do it. In magic I call those people "[edited]" lol. Anyways Cheers to luke jermay. May not want to go back to the place for a while. But if there is too many people I refuse to perform because I know my self might mess up and thats not just bad for you but bad for your audience also because most people jugde you by the first trick you do. Mabey you should try ultimate transpo with 2 people. Great reactions on that and gets people more involved. Well anyways you need to test around with some routines for different people and work your way up to more people. Also mabey you should take a friend with you next time to back you up or something. Anyways hope that all well go's well in the future :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:21 am 
born to perform.

EDIT: I just realised how immiture i was about 3 months ago, that was a worthless post.

Last edited by swatch0 on Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:42 pm 
Team Penguin

sheesh. statch0 and darkbeam are the only ones who have simpathy. everybody always wants to bash someone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:37 pm 
Emperor Penguin

girspiggy wrote:
sheesh. statch0 and darkbeam are the only ones who have simpathy. everybody always wants to bash someone.
You will soon realize that the world isn't so nice. It's not going to pat you on the back, and lie to you, to make you feel better. It's best to realize that now. And grow a lot thicker skin. Because if you think that I was bashing you, you won't last long in the entertainment industry. It will chew you up, and spit you out, very quickly.

Both myself and Paddy were trying to give you advice so that you didn't fail again. Just be happy with the advice given. It's free, and it's very helpful, if you'd stop feeling sorry for yourself, and acting like a victim of something horrible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:22 am 

Nobody's bashing anyone here. I'm here to see to that. Listen to the advice given. Especially listen to Paddy, he knows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:58 am 
Penguin

Location: In some sweet limo, with a hot girl *wakes up and cries*
wow, dude, seriously I think I don't think I could have made a nightmare go that bad :lol:

Here are the key places you went wrong:

1) You performed on private property
2) You performed for people while they ate
3) You tried to please this girl when she clearly wasn't interested
4) You obeyed the crowd and kept performing (you need to leave them wanting more)
5) You let the other tables join in on the "fun" (again you should have quite)
6) You didn't use any lines to stop any hecklers (go to the "outs and one-liners" section)
7) You left, then immediately started up again somewhere else
8) You kept performing for the friend even though he was getting cocky and you knew he knew what you where doing
9) You did the monte for money (this is probably your worst mistake, seeing as this is ILLEGAL! And you very well could be arrested...

I really think you bombed that particular day. The only "score" that I could see is that you impressed the sloppy eaters...

We are not bashing, we are trying to help you,

-Trix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:47 pm 
Penguin

AustinWaldo wrote:
sounds pretty sweet, thug. Btw, some ppl get pissed off if you don't use correct grammar. so I'd watch your back. Oh, and another thing, when people start to heckle you, just stop performing for them. If they can't be entertained by your magic, screw em'. ya dig? just stop, and leave. they don't deserve you.

keep it real

what you said reminds me about a time i was at a magic shop...this employee was showing me a trick and i found it cool (but i knew how it was done just never thought to preform it the way he did) a heckler came in and was soo rude. After the trick the guy said "did you like it?" i said yeh i think i have that trick at home. Then the heckler says "How'd you know that was his card" and the dood said "magic, you must buy the secret i cant just tell you" so then the heckler started to hustle me about how its done. I just walked away, i kept looking and the heckler wanted to see more tricks, but after everyone he kept saying how it was bs and impossible..

JESUS CHRIST if your going to ruin a trick please just walk away no need to ruin everyone elses fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:48 pm 
Penguin

paddy wrote:
Fallingblood is right on with his statement
Quote:
Other tables watching isn't bad at all. It is by no way something that "every table hopper isn't too pleased with."

Also what he didn't point out. 1. Working a mall food court can get your a$$ banned from that mall. If you don't have permission to do this on private property (which is what a mall is) you can even be arrested.

2. If you are going to do table hopping do it in a RESTAURANT, not an open food court. People in a food court are either shopping and just want to eat, finish shopping and get out, or they work in the mall and have a very limited amount of time for lunch, so they don't want or need to be bugged by some stupid kid.

But to the point that Fallingblood did bring out about other tables watching you. Yep he's right. Last night I was at my usual restaurant and a group of 4 tables all had kids, plus they all knew each other from school activities. Well, I went over and started to perorm so that all could see me. I also involved the kids in my set bu useing at least one "volunteer" from each table. Did some sponge balls which turned into sponge rabbits and then did a 3 ring routine. Spent 5 minutes and moved on. While I was at another table a couple of the kids from the first group came over and dropped some bills in my tip jar.

That did a couple of things, mostly let the whole restaurant know I took tips but was not going to hover over them waiting for money. Then when I got a chance I checked to see how much they gave me. US$50 for one little 5 minute show consisting of some sponge balls, rabbits and three 10" dia. chinese rings. This should prove that "it ain't the stupid tricks" it's all in the performance.

just wanted to say yeh i agree with you about people in a mall food court...

but that reminds me how i used to go with the mall with my brother and for lunch we'd keep circling around the food court taking free samples...lol good times good times