View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:52 pm 
Penguin

Ok let me clear this up.
I just asked if you wanted to post your routines.
If you don't want to, fine.
If you want to, that would be very interesting.
Why would I steal your routines.
When you say coin flurry , am I going to say; wow , I'm going to look that up, because he's doing it.
But if you say, Hey that's a very cool trick you should check that out, I would check that out.
And I'm sure you all know that every magician has a different personality.
So how would I steal your routines if I don't know how you present it?
If you say Invisible deck , am I stealing your routine?
No because you present it differently.
I'm not asking you to reveal your biggest secret . I just asked what your routines are and I'm sure this would be helpfull for a lot of magician's to see what sort routines you can have , how much climaxes that you do in a routine or what the opening trick is or the closer.
I really don't want to fight, and my topic wasn't meant like what you are saying in any way.
So please understand this.

Thanks
Elliot Carver

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:42 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I still think it should be deleted:
Reasons why:

-There are already topics just like this, I posted a link to a similar one.
-This one is just to cluttered, and useless.
-No magician in their right mind would just give away thier routine.
-If you want to see real workin routines, watch videos.
-Very few people here actually really perform, so your very limited in suppliers.
-The routines that are posted, are most likely from kids that rarely perfrom if at all.

Those are my opinions on this whole thing. We have the right to express them. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:44 pm 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
I still think it should be deleted:
Reasons why:

-There are already topics just like this, I posted a link to a similar one.
-This one is just to cluttered, and useless.
-No magician in their right mind would just give away thier routine.
-If you want to see real workin routines, watch videos.
-Very few people here actually really perform, so your very limited in suppliers.
-The routines that are posted, are most likely from kids that rarely perfrom if at all.

Those are my opinions on this whole thing. We have the right to express them. :D

agree :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:51 pm 
Emperor Penguin

ellliotcarver wrote:
Ok let me clear this up.
I just asked if you wanted to post your routines.
If you don't want to, fine.
If you want to, that would be very interesting.
Why would I steal your routines.
When you say coin flurry , am I going to say; wow , I'm going to look that up, because he's doing it.
But if you say, Hey that's a very cool trick you should check that out, I would check that out.
And I'm sure you all know that every magician has a different personality.
So how would I steal your routines if I don't know how you present it?
If you say Invisible deck , am I stealing your routine?
No because you present it differently
I'm not asking you to reveal your biggest secret . I just asked what your routines are and I'm sure this would be helpfull for a lot of magician's to see what sort routines you can have , how much climaxes that you do in a routine or what the opening trick is or the closer.
I really don't want to fight, and my topic wasn't meant like what you are saying in any way.
So please understand this.

Thanks
Elliot Carver

Do you even know what a routine is? Based on that post, I would say NO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:17 am 
Penguin

I know that a routine is a set of tricks.
With knowing a trick in your routine , am I stealing your routines?
Ok let's lock the topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:36 pm 
Emperor Penguin

ellliotcarver wrote:
I know that a routine is a set of tricks.
With knowing a trick in your routine , am I stealing your routines?
Ok let's lock the topic.

Lol, you didnt ask for trick or effects. Based on your post you asked for whole routines.
Your example in the quote was a bad example for your defense. Why? IF you havent figured it out... re-read my first sentence in this post.

Thats why you need to learn to be specific and to also not backtrack.

What you could and and probably should have done was ask for help in creating a routine, tips on making a routine, etc. Not for people to post their routine.- which is what you did.
When one does that, others only assume you are unimaginative and are trying to use other peoples.

As DaveV pointed out, some people do share their routines, but only to a "special" selection of people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:10 pm 
Penguin

Ok.
I should have been more clear.
So sorry about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:29 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
How about no? We have worked very hard on our routines and I know I'm sure as edited am not going to just give it up so everyone else can see it. It's my personal routine. I don't want anyone else copying me. Plus, I spend the time, the research, the money, the practice, etc into making my routines mine. And I know the other professionals here have done so as well. So I doubt you will be getting any routines from anyone here.

that was uncalled for

if you dont want to post the dont

i agree 500 million percent with what dylan said

people are begging, they want some info.....either give it to them, or stay away

no need to piss on them just because they asked a question that you didnt like

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:42 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Guardian452 wrote:
that was uncalled for

if you dont want to post the dont

i agree 500 million percent with what dylan said

people are begging, they want some info.....either give it to them, or stay away

no need to piss on them just because they asked a question that you didnt like
Guardian, no offense, but I don't think you have any place saying something like that, since you have on quite a few occasions went off on people like that. I gave him information. I told him why he wasn't going to get routines. As far as I'm concerned, it was disrespectful to ask. Now, I possibly could have reworded it, so it didn't come off as so harsh, but then again, I gave him a response, which told him why he probably wouldn't be getting routines from people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:03 pm 
born to perform.

rofl, sorry, memories of those times

BACK ON TOPIC

i guess i have, but no i REALLY got what dylan said, and i had to agree with him

a lot of valued members ( AND some not, just covering my bases) explode at someone, even if they have good information in their post, its just yelling and ugly

i still remember when i first joined, there is an excitement within you when you post for the first time

BUT FALLINGblood, you said it well, you could have reworded it better to make it not sound like your ugly on him.

my point was that if youre not going to answer the question then leave it alone

like davethecryptic and others did in one of my topics

they came on, started bitching and ugly about how it will get deleted and how it will always end badly

HOW THE edited DOES THAT HELP AT ALL!!! it did end bad becasue he and others had to open their mouths and piss on everyone and me for making a topic like that.

so basically, if you cant answer the question, or going to yell and piss on the guy for asking it, then dont answer

for EX. falling, you said (overall) how your routines were valued to you, youve worked hard on them, and wont share it, as well as some others wont.

but, kinda like you said, but...................why post that at all???

by not posting doesnt that say what you actually said??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:20 pm 
born to perform.

DaveV wrote:

Some posts are clearly off topic and are deleted. But the negative ones that explain why you're wrong; that's where the lessons really are.

so true so true :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:21 pm 

Guardian452 wrote:
so basically, if you cant answer the question, or going to yell and piss on the guy for asking it, then dont answer

for EX. falling, you said (overall) how your routines were valued to you, youve worked hard on them, and wont share it, as well as some others wont.

but, kinda like you said, but...................why post that at all???

by not posting doesnt that say what you actually said??

I disagree. If you're only here to read posts from people who agree with you, how do you ever improve?

It's necessary to hear the negatives (and why) as it is the positives. In fact, it's more important as it gives you a chance to correct your errors instead of blindly moving ahead not knowing how wrong you are.

Some posts are clearly off topic and are deleted. But the negative ones that explain why you're wrong; that's where the lessons really are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:25 pm 
born to perform.

so, hes going to improve by knowing that people work hard on routines, and they are not going to share with him???

that only helps him because now he knows not to ask that question

im prettty sure all he wanted was to hear

biddle trick
invisible deck
ambitous card

something like that

davev, i agree with what you said, but it doesnt apply in this case

there no agreeing or dis agreeing in this topic, he asked for a list
all he might have learned here was to never ask that question again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:47 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Guardian452 wrote:
so, hes going to improve by knowing that people work hard on routines, and they are not going to share with him???

that only helps him because now he knows not to ask that question

im prettty sure all he wanted was to hear

biddle trick
invisible deck
ambitous card

something like that

davev, i agree with what you said, but it doesnt apply in this case

there no agreeing or dis agreeing in this topic, he asked for a list
all he might have learned here was to never ask that question again

You still dont get it do you?

Yes he will hopefully learn that he shouldnt have asked it, and shouldnt do it again.
He should have also learned what to ask next time; to be more specific, to be more respectful, and such.

He should improve knowing that people work long and hard creating their routines, rather than just copying some one else.

I gave him resources to see real routines, I gave him another topic with a similar question but asked better, and I informed him how to ask for help in the future.

Asking for others routines if just plain unoriginal and disrespectful. Now its offered up to one, thats different. Like in a dvd or book, the routine is offered (for a cost). Not given away freely.

We do share, or else we wouldnt be on these forums. But some things you just dont share so freely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:58 pm 
born to perform.

APPENTLY I DONT

he obvoioulsy didnt know that though

i dont see what he did that was disrespectful other than "not knowing" that this would piss off people

falling blodd said that, and i said that again, talking about what he said :roll:

i didnt say you did anything in this topic, i said what you did in my topic, and you have done in other topics (im not going to search for them, but i know you have)

he was also just trying to get a feel of what other people are using, im sure hes not sitting in room scheeming on how hes going to rip off 10 magicians of their routine, and he obviously didnt know, its not that obvious of a rule for most people

i agree, but then all people had to say was

"hey man, sorry, but we work hard on our routines, sorry, but its kinda rude to ask for someone elses routine,

here is a thread that has some more info on it if you want though"

or something like that

not get all pissy at the guy, everyone has to remember that not everyone has been into magic for 10-20 years professionally knowing whats respectful, wrong, ANTI-ETHICS, or w/e

a kid who just bought b-2 bomber is still a magician, weather we like it or not, so instead of yellling, bitching, posting links to the rules, help actually by talking, telling him how he can do better, in a calm way, instead of the pissy atitude thats around here

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next