View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Do you use a chop cup in your table hopping routines?
Yes 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
No 67%  67%  [ 6 ]
Occasionally 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: Chop Cup (market research)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:28 pm 
born to perform.

I'd like to see how many table hoppers are using chop cups; of them what are your complaints (if any) about chop cups as a table hopping routine?

Reason for asking: I've been using a custom chop cup that I made myself. I've had it for about a year and several magicians have asked where I got it - because they wanted to buy one. I want to see, if it's advantages match the current market's woes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:33 pm 
Team Penguin

I personally can't table hop yet, for I am too young. Much of the stuff I do is strolling magic though, and I do occasionally use a chop cup. The only complaints I have with them are that unless you are doing something like Dan Tong's version, the final loads take up much space in your pocket. Also, sometimes the cup will attract things you don't want it to. Once I was performing it and a paperclip came out! So, hope that helps! You going to try to market it on penguin?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:49 pm 
born to perform.

Popchris wrote:
I personally can't table hop yet, for I am too young. Much of the stuff I do is strolling magic though, and I do occasionally use a chop cup. The only complaints I have with them are that unless you are doing something like Dan Tong's version, the final loads take up much space in your pocket. Also, sometimes the cup will attract things you don't want it to. Once I was performing it and a paperclip came out! So, hope that helps! You going to try to market it on penguin?

Not familiar with Dan Tong's version.
I address the problem of too much pocket space being used.
As far as the cup attracting things that you don't want it to, that's a prop management issue more than the cup, but my alterations should allow you to catch such problems before they become noticable.

As far as selling it on penguin, probably not. I have 2 sites in mind, but nothing is set in stone yet.