View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Addtion to Restuarant Contract.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:45 pm 
Penguin

Would it be possible to have part of the contract include parties? I.E. DO a thirty minute show for birthday parties that are booked with the restaurant. Or for large dinnar parties do a minishow/walkaround for an hour. Could this be negoitiated in the contract for say one hundred dollars a show?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:08 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I don't know, but one thing I thought about is:

What if you're not planning on working on say, a Thursday, so you're out of town, or schedule a really important appointment, something like that. And a birthday part pops up at the restaurant, and you are bound by your contract to be there. I don't know, just something to consider.

Of course, you could re-word it to where the restaurant just has to tell you about them, and you aren't actually legally bound to do the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:16 pm 
born to perform.

adjones wrote:
I don't know, but one thing I thought about is:

What if you're not planning on working on say, a Thursday, so you're out of town, or schedule a really important appointment, something like that. And a birthday part pops up at the restaurant, and you are bound by your contract to be there. I don't know, just something to consider.

Of course, you could re-word it to where the restaurant just has to tell you about them, and you aren't actually legally bound to do the show.

That sounds like a fairly good idea. How much do you make an hour at a restaurant?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:48 pm 
Penguin

I'd be careful about what you put into a contract, you dont want to be legally obliged to do something you may not want to do. What I would personally do is offer it as a service to the restraunt, but not enter into a binding contract. That is unless you are desperate for work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:06 pm 

In all my restaurants I've never had a contract. I've given my word on what to expect and if someting comes up they know that I will call them to explain why I can't be there.

I have 1 restaurant that I've been in for 8 years straight now and never had a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:42 pm 
Team Penguin

at the bottom of my contract, I have "SUBJECT TO CHANGE". so this gets me out of any situation I might have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:22 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
In all my restaurants I've never had a contract. I've given my word on what to expect and if someting comes up they know that I will call them to explain why I can't be there.

I have 1 restaurant that I've been in for 8 years straight now and never had a problem.

Holy S#%t

8 Years at one restaurant!

ive been working at a restaurant for about 6 month or so now nd i thought it may be a pain getitng to a few years, but 8 years at one restaurant. . . they must love you :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:13 am 
Emperor Penguin

girspiggy wrote:
at the bottom of my contract, I have "SUBJECT TO CHANGE". so this gets me out of any situation I might have.
No it won't. Subject to change is to vague. With a good lawyer, someone can get out of that.

Go with what Paddy says. I've taken his advice over and over again and it hasn't failed yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:59 pm 
born to perform.

orcishorde wrote:
paddy wrote:

Holy S#%t

ive been working at a restaurant for about 6 month or so now nd i thought it may be a pain getitng to a few years, but 8 years at one restaurant. . . they must love you :lol:

doesn't everybody?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:13 pm 
born to perform.

girspiggy wrote:

Aside from what Fallingblood said, putting that at the bottom of a contract basically makes the contract meaningless.
If everything in it is subject to change, then none of it can be taken as fact, and therefore, everything in the contract is meaningless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:41 am 

orcishorde wrote:
paddy wrote:
...I have 1 restaurant that I've been in for 8 years straight now and never had a problem.

Holy S#%t

I recently fired my Monday night restaurant and got a call the next day from a place that wants me on Mondays. So I went thru and fired 2 more where the tips average less than $50 a night. So now I am down to 5 restaurants a week. The shortest one is the new one (obviously) but other than that the next shortest run is 4 years in the same place.

The whole thing is keep the customers (the moms) happy. Moms control where the family eats and if the kids like you the moms come back and the restaurants keep you.

Paddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:46 am 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
orcishorde wrote:
paddy wrote:
...I have 1 restaurant that I've been in for 8 years straight now and never had a problem.

Holy S#%t

I recently fired my Monday night restaurant and got a call the next day from a place that wants me on Mondays. So I went thru and fired 2 more where the tips average less than $50 a night. So now I am down to 5 restaurants a week. The shortest one is the new one (obviously) but other than that the next shortest run is 4 years in the same place.

The whole thing is keep the customers (the moms) happy. Moms control where the family eats and if the kids like you the moms come back and the restaurants keep you.

Paddy

Smart thinking. . .

But yes true the mothers control mainly, and also because of your experience, i was wondering, do you ever ask for a pay rise or one rate to bad for how long you work their?