View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My Favorite Tricks
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:36 pm 
Penguin

I am in high school, and I am always being asked to do tricks for my friends. Also, since students are probably the biggest critics in the world, always wanting to know how a trick was done, i have to choose my tricks carefully, usually choosing ones that i can pass out for examination after the trick. One of my favorite tricks is UltiMonte by Harold Cataquet, which you can find here on Penguin Magic for about $14. It is an amazing effect, just watch the video. Plus, it is great for walk-around performances because it resets in less than 10 seconds. The secret lies in the cards. What I do, since someone always wants to see my cards, is i bought a Himber Wallet, which allows you to switch objects easily and undetectably. In one side i have the trick ready to perform, in the other side i have three ordinary cards, matching the three in the trick (the cards vary whenever you buy the trick, but it is usually two red court cards and a black spot card). For instance, in the demo there are two jacks and a 10. since at the end of the trick all the cards turn into tens, i would have a ten face out, with the two jacks, all regular cards, under it. then, when i finish the trick, i put the cards back into the wallet, and as an afterthought open it up again with the normal cards there and say, "Oh yeah, and i actually DO use regular cards, and take them out. before you show them, since they think you just put 3 tens in your wallet, turn the packet face down and flick them or snap above them or something, saying you have to turn them back into the different cards, then hand them out. they will rarely ever even think twice that the wallet is actually used in the trick to switch the two packets of cards, and if they DID say something, which virtually never happens, you can just casually show the wallet empty on the side that holds the normal cards. Great trick, awesome effect on spectators!

Post subject: Re: My Favorite Tricks
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:21 pm 
Penguin

RIGHT ON MAN!!! i'm in the eighth grade and i was doing and old trick i have where yout have a box of 8 crayons and u tap the box and they're gone and i threw off sooo many ppl today, but i've got a few wicked card tricks if u want to email me at Nubz_Kustomz_30813@hotmail.com drop a line ~PJ~