View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: what restaurants ...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:35 pm 
Penguin

I am just wondering but what restaurants hire magicians??
cause I have never seen one, and I think it would be cool if in a couple years I could get a job doing that I can't now cause I am only 15, but yea I am just wondering ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:58 pm 
born to perform.

There isn't one type of restaurant that hires a magician.
In fact, the only type of restaurant that hires a magician is.......A RESTAURANT THAT HIRES A MAGICIAN.

Honestly, it all depends on the establishment, who the manager is, what type of person the manager is, and whether he / she thinks a magician is necessary or even worth hiring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:30 am 
Emperor Penguin

For me, I look for the upper class restaurants (harder to get hired in, but worth the effort) or the family restaurants. Some restaurants that I've seen that work very well are:

Applebees,
TGI Fridays
Olive Garden
Paradiso

If you find restaurants similiar to those (I'm just naming off the ones I've worked at that I believe are more than local restaurants), it becomes a little easier. I would also suggest looking at the restaurants in hotels. I've worked at a couple, and have really enjoyed it there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:55 pm 

Independently owned restaurants I've found to be MUCH easier gigs to land than franchises. That said, it's all about you, how you work in order to get the job, and the restaurant itself (owner, managers, dynamic of the establishment, etc). There's no one type of restaurant that will or will not hire a magician. In fact, most places don't really even think about it or consider it until the idea is proposed to them.

Independent restaurants are a little easier in my opinion because there are less people that get in the way. They run their own business, so usually you just have to get the OK by the owner and your set. With franchises, usually you have to go through people to get to the GM, then the GM has to ok it with their district leaders, and so on. It's often a lot of work for a manager to get the ok from everyone, so it usually takes a manager who is really zealous to get a magician to make it happen. So for franchises, you've got to work extra hard and be extra impressive for the manager to willingly find the time and effort to go through all the proper channels to hire you. Independent restaurants and businesses don't usually have this issue.

Also, as far as pay is concerned independent restaurants are usually a little easier to get paid as there are less hoops to go through. Franchises usually have to put you on payroll in some way, often having to go through an accountant or their payroll department, which is yet another person or persons that have to be involved in the entire process.

The benefit of working franchises is that is can often open up other opportunities for more work at more locations, as they are often a part of a chain of restaurants.

Hope that helps.

B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:42 am 
Penguin

B_Magic wrote:
Independently owned restaurants I've found to be MUCH easier gigs to land than franchises. That said, it's all about you, how you work in order to get the job, and the restaurant itself (owner, managers, dynamic of the establishment, etc). There's no one type of restaurant that will or will not hire a magician. In fact, most places don't really even think about it or consider it until the idea is proposed to them.

Independent restaurants are a little easier in my opinion because there are less people that get in the way. They run their own business, so usually you just have to get the OK by the owner and your set. With franchises, usually you have to go through people to get to the GM, then the GM has to ok it with their district leaders, and so on. It's often a lot of work for a manager to get the ok from everyone, so it usually takes a manager who is really zealous to get a magician to make it happen. So for franchises, you've got to work extra hard and be extra impressive for the manager to willingly find the time and effort to go through all the proper channels to hire you. Independent restaurants and businesses don't usually have this issue.

Also, as far as pay is concerned independent restaurants are usually a little easier to get paid as there are less hoops to go through. Franchises usually have to put you on payroll in some way, often having to go through an accountant or their payroll department, which is yet another person or persons that have to be involved in the entire process.

The benefit of working franchises is that is can often open up other opportunities for more work at more locations, as they are often a part of a chain of restaurants.

Hope that helps.

B

:D that does help..a lot, I will hope that in a month, when I can drive I will be able to get hired at a resturant, and because of what you said I am going to go for independent resturants first :D :D