View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Effect advice
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:13 pm 
born to perform.

I do a trick using an ipod as an impossible prediction. The problem I have right now is proximity. I am currently using the same force card, which at time can be problematic in proximity. The effect has been very, very strong, so I would like to keep it for every table when I can.

I can change the force card to be different... 15 different cards to be exact. I can do any combination such as the same 3 force or 5 different or 1. With one force for all 15 choices I don't have to think. The more thinking I have to do the more the pacing could change. Am I overthinking this? Does it matter? Should I change the cards for repeatability... I get a lot of requests for this so repeatability is a concern. Any suggestions are valued.

Effect:
Magician shows up wearing an ipod to group/table.
Spec is asked to pick a number between 1 - 15.
Spec (same or different) is asked to select a card. Card is given to spec, deck is given to someone else. Spec shares card with group and card is shuffled in pack while Magi's back is turned. Magician suggests that it would be impossible for card to be at the earlier numbers position. Counts down...doesn't show card states that it would be more impossible that the card is listed as a song on an ipod at the selected number slot. A bunch of songs and artists are shown and the selected card does appear the numbered spot. Magician goes back to the cards conts down to the numbered card and there is the selected card.

The Dai vernon version (2 sentences or less): A selected card is predicted at a selected track number on an ipod. The selected card also appears in the deck at the selected track number spot.

Adam

I'll be editing this after a few responses just because.

Post subject: Re: Effect advice
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:15 pm 
born to perform.

Basing this questioning on my Jurassic Park Theory: Just because I can, doesn't mean I should.