View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How's my routine
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:06 pm 
born to perform.

I am going to be going into the restaurant magic business soon and would someone tell me if this is good material. I already think this is good stuff since this is my audience tested tried and true material but I would really like some suggestions.

Mentalism walk around:

-SPIN on salt shaker(I do this with a stealth pen and a PK ring)
-Number thought transfer (with swami TT)
-Card prediction (No cards just a swami TT and sticky note pad)

Coin and Cap routine (with stealth pen)
-Visual vanish/ comes out of cap
-Retention vanish/ comes out of cap
-Penetration and restoration of coin

Crazy mans hand cuffs (in speactators hands)
-2 phase unlinking
-Relink
-Final unlink

Paper Clip Routine (with PK ring)
-Paper clip matrix
-Vanish and reveal (like the Raven but it winds up behind my ear)
-KLIPP'D (this is wear a paper clip vanishes and has been found to puncture a "chosen" card)

4 kings (cards)
-The revelation of a chosen card out of 4 kings slapped out of their fist
-Culling card (A NAMED card found in between the kings)
-4 kings to the top (3 kings placed into the deck all coming to the top simultaneously)

My extraordinary sense of touch (cards)
-Warm up (first phase of The Extraordinary Exhibition of... Slight of hand only version)
-Full card revelation (second phase of The Extraordinary Exhibition of... Slight of hand only version)
-Lie detector (just a force with some lie detecting back drop)

What I would really like to know is how to open for my card trick routines because Brian Cambell's advice was to not open with card tricks. The 4 kings one opens as a pick-a-card but the second card routine requires them to shuffle. And if anyone could give me some general advice and pointers that would be nice.

Post subject: Re: How's my routine
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:15 pm 
born to perform.

The only problem with slapping cards out of their fist is the fact that they might fly in food or something.

Your material doesn't matter nearly as much as to what kind of reactions you are getting. If you perform the 21 card trick and get people raving about it then you've accomplished your goal.

And Brian was only expressing an opinion...there is nothing wrong when opening with cards

Very soon I'll be posting some tips on restaurant magic on my blog (www.paidtoperform.blogspot.com) which was created just for everyone on this site so be sure to take a look.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:15 pm 
born to perform.

benji11 wrote:
The only problem with slapping cards out of their fist is the fact that they might fly in food or something.

Your material doesn't matter nearly as much as to what kind of reactions you are getting. If you perform the 21 card trick and get people raving about it then you've accomplished your goal.

And Brian was only expressing an opinion...there is nothing wrong when opening with cards

Very soon I'll be posting some tips on restaurant magic on my blog (http://www.paidtoperform.blogspot.com) which was created just for everyone on this site so be sure to take a look.

yeah I was thinking about that problem too. I'll find another way to get the kings out or find another way for that same trick.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:50 pm 

Too many people think that restaurant work is easy money. Is this the way you're thinking? Before we can really give advice answer a few questions.
Your age?
your experience in magic?
your experience dealing with people?
can you handle unexpected things?

Please give us an overview of YOU so we can answer questions.

The reason I am asking these things is that I have seen places burnt because some kid thought he knew what he was doing and wound up upsetting the customers when he was caught in a situation that we run into every week. I'll explain that later.

Paddy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:57 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
Too many people think that restaurant work is easy money. Is this the way you're thinking? Before we can really give advice answer a few questions.
Your age?

My age: 15
My experience: 3 years and I am extremely pr0ofesient in most slights card and coins
Dealing with people:15 years lol No really I don't know what you mean. If you mean crowd control I am very-good at that.
Handling the unexpected: Off course. I am extremely good with outs ( when tricks go wrong) and am responsible when things go wrong. (That's the way I was raised)

And no I don't want to go in to this for easy money. Magic is the way I want to make a living and to me this is just the start and I want to get started on the right foot.

Also I've read your post about the kid with a dirty mouth turning a franchise off of performers. Sad story.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:23 am 

Glad you read that post so you can understand why I ask those questions. Benji has posted some very good advice about how to land a restaurant job. Follow that and you should be able to woork soon. Break a leg

Paddy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:38 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
Glad you read that post so you can understand why I ask those questions. Benji has posted some very good advice about how to land a restaurant job. Follow that and you should be able to woork soon. Break a leg

Paddy

Thanks Peter, that means a lot coming from a professional like you. Sincerely.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:54 am 
Penguin

paddy wrote:
Your age?

The reason I am asking these things is that I have seen places burnt because some kid thought he knew what he was doing and wound up upsetting the customers when he was caught in a situation that we run into every week. I'll explain that later.

Paddy

Have you "explained later" in another topic? If so which one and if not would you please?!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:41 am 
born to perform.

just open with the spin trick than do a card trick lol, also he said not to open with a pick a card trick; if it dosent involve them having to pick anything its fine accroding to his videos