View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tableside routine
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:24 pm 
born to perform.

I am very interested in doing restaurant magic, and have never done it before. I am not worried about landing the jobs because I have a few connections, but I am working on a routine. Here's what I have now.

1. Pyro perception
2. Ambitious card
3. Matrix
4. Stealth Pen
5. Invisible Deck (Also thinking about torched and restored here)

What do you guys think? Anything I should add or remove?

Post subject: Re: Tableside routine
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:02 pm 

JMagic327 wrote:
I am very interested in doing restaurant magic, and have never done it before. I am not worried about landing the jobs because I have a few connections, but I am working on a routine. Here's what I have now.

1. Pyro perception
2. Ambitious card
3. Matrix
4. Stealth Pen
5. Invisible Deck (Also thinking about torched and restored here)

What do you guys think? Anything I should add or remove?

Get rid of Matrix, as it is too big and too much for a restaurant routine (unless you have a very condensed matrix routine, otherwise you don't really have the space to do a regular one).

A matter of taste, but I'd say go for Misled over Stealth pen. But that's just my taste, and a pen might be better in your particular restaurant due to angle situations.

The rest of the stuff looks good. I do all those things in my restaurant and they all do great. Good picks, except for that Matrix routine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:43 pm 
born to perform.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. The reason I had that down was because the only recent time I've seen a restaurant magician, he did a matrix, and he had a close-up pad and everything, but it does seem too much to have all that now that you mention it. In place of it, I might do the trick DB does on street magic where the card changes places in the person's hand. He does it on those old ladies on the boardwalk and on the Cowboy's coach. Good trick that seems perfect for that stage. Also, I do have misled. However, I didn't receive it too long ago, so I don't think I'm comfortable enough yet to perform it in that kind of situation. What other tricks do you perform BMagic? About how many tricks do you usually perform for each table? Here's the new line-up so far:

1. card switch (from street magic)
2. pyro perception
3. ambitious card (afterwards, put normal deck away in same pocket as invisible deck)
4. stealth pen
5. invisible deck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:58 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Maybe it's this long so I can put my entire address, incase anyone sends free stuff, send stuff HERE
Torched and Restored seems liek a very cool trick to use in a restaraunt, but remember before you do anythign such as pyro perception or torched and restored that you get permission to have a fire, even if it is small.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:27 pm 

JMagic327 wrote:
Here's the new line-up so far:

1. card switch (from street magic)
2. pyro perception
3. ambitious card (afterwards, put normal deck away in same pocket as invisible deck)
4. stealth pen
5. invisible deck

Looks good to me. I do a version of that DB card switch that I've called "Absorbtion..." and that one gets them screaming everytime. Know that most times, you will not be able to get off that many tricks on one table, though.

I wouldn't want to anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:28 pm 
born to perform.

Also, what do you guys get paid if you don't mind telling me? I'm going to work for cheap, but I am just curious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:30 pm 
born to perform.

All right guys! I start doing tableside magic tomorrow night. I can't wait. I truly feel like I will knock em dead. I got my routines ready and everything, I was just wondering if anybody with any experiece had any certain tips on anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:12 am 
Penguin

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW
it lets them injoy it which will make you more comfortable and pluss you can do it better goin slow :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:27 pm 
born to perform.

If your just starting out in Restaurant work I would say when you go to the tables try to do tables that have children. And do the tricks useing the children in your tricks.
When you 1st get to the table the parents will be like""Ah little Jimmy look at the little magic tricks the magician is going to show you""" Then you do something like Slither and the parents jump out of their seat screaming " Oh My god" and they forget that it was for the kids and now your entertaining the adults........Plus the adults have the money to tip you......Do you follow what im saying?
Most adults have not seen how strong the magic is that we do. They have it in their head that we do little tricks that they will figure out and when you blow them away thru their children the the game is in a whole diffrent ball park.
Most of all have fun, but floor everyone........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:29 pm 
born to perform.

I understand exactly what you're saying Syntax. Well, I am back from the first job, and it was great. I had this group of kids and I did torched and restored for them (except not using the torched part) and let the kid keep the card at the end and i signed it. Then the rest of them wanted a signed card. It felt so good. Anyway, the adults loved the magic, too. I was offered two tips but didn't accept them. Well, I had a blast. I might be able to do it tomorrow afternoon because I have a gap between when I am working so my boss might let me table-hop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:58 pm 
born to perform.

JMagic327 wrote:
I understand exactly what you're saying Syntax. Well, I am back from the first job, and it was great. I had this group of kids and I did torched and restored for them (except not using the torched part) and let the kid keep the card at the end and i signed it. Then the rest of them wanted a signed card. It felt so good. Anyway, the adults loved the magic, too. I was offered two tips but didn't accept them. Well, I had a blast. I might be able to do it tomorrow afternoon because I have a gap between when I am working so my boss might let me table-hop.

Good Job!!!!!!!!
Keep pushing it with your boss and before long magic will be all he will want you to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:23 am 
born to perform.

I also forgot to mention how this one guy that works in the kitchen loves me. He doesn't speak english but he is absolutely amazed at my tricks. I did two card monte on someone else last week and he saw it and a big smile went across his face. Then yesterday I did torched and restored (I wrote "Hola" on the card so he could see it was the same card) and the card switch from street magic that he does on the Cowboys coach and those old ladies. Everytime I see him he smiles and gives me a thumbs up. It feels good to know that even though I can't communicate with him very well, I can still amaze him very well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:27 am 

JMagic327
same thing happend to me (when I went to south america) people would try to talk to me but me espanol no es bueno

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:11 am 
Penguin

magic breaks the language barriar-David Blaine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:39 am 
born to perform.

Everyone should speak English. :lol: