View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:04 pm 
born to perform.

jameshp wrote:
I am interested in getting a job in a local pub, all my freinds say i can easily do it. how would i go about this. should i do some nights for free using my absolute top effects and get a reputution?
Never do anything for free you have to have something benifit you wether it's just placing your business card on the front counter!

Post subject: strolling magic
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:27 pm 
Penguin

Wishingforit,

I'm a card man. I've created tons of card effects, and I've learned thousands of card tricks over the years. I'm not so good with coins.

However, when it comes to walk around, I do mostly cards, a ring-on-string routine, rubber bands, and I carry my TT.

I use one of two openers for walk around, either color changing knifes or a handling I came with to cause a coin to "expand" into a jumbo coin.

I walk up to the person and say, "did you drop this red knife... no?... (do the magic)... how 'bout this white one (the red visibly turns white)." Or for the coin trick, I say, "is this your quarter...no? are you sure; can you see the date? (do the magic). Can you see the date now? (the small coin grew)."

These are great openers.

for performance, I do couple of card tricks (mostly my own card tricks), then I'll do a deck switch as I remove my ring and string from my pocket. I do the ring on string, and then some rubber band tricks. Then it's on to the invisible deck.

My TT is used to vanish sugar packets, cigarettes, or whatever's handy.

Also, I don't use all the tricks all the time, but those are staples for a night of walk around for me.